“Spacious rooms, Great experience”

Arbuckle Lodge Gillette
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed at Settle Inn in Gillette, Wyoming for one night after having car trouble, which forced us to stay overnight in Gillette.

The rooms are very spacious and had a western theme, as did the lobby. Room included microwave and fridge. Wifi was super fast, at least compared to most hotel internet connections, we had a speed of 12 Mbps. Breakfast buffett was nice and included hot items like biscuits and gravy and a waffle machine. They also have a managers round-up M-Th from 5-7 pm, which features appetizers and beverages in the lobby.

The hotel was located right next to the Gillette Camplex, which is an event center. The hotel isn't walking distance from downtown, but it's well off Rt 90 so it was relatively quite. There's also a pool and hot tub!

There are newer reviews for Arbuckle Lodge Gillette

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I love the Settle Inn in Gillette, WY! Every summer I head from Sacramento back to Minnesota to spend time with family. I make a point to plan my trip so that I spend at least one night in Gillette at the Settle Inn. I love the energy of the hotel and the area. The rooms have always been clean and I like the decor. The rooms are generous in size and I appreciate the amenities. The free continental breakfast is by far the best that I have come across. I will not hesitate to stay here again and again. In fact, I look forward to it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed at Settle Inn & Suites on 16 July, for one night. Positives... great staff, friendly. Easy location to get to off the Interstate. Huge two room suite. Negatives... A/C unit in suite was too loud. The hotel had a quick build feel to it... jacuzzi in the pool area didn't look like it had been sealed correctly. Need more A/C in the far north room in the suite I stayed in. Enjoyed the place... but average.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This Inn was so comfortable and well thought out with the traveler in mind. Decorated nicely with soft lighting, comfortable chairs, and very comfortable beds. They even offered a free self wash laundry. We liked it so much that we made a reservation to stay again on our return trip {which was also a nice stay}. Our room even had a view of fields and mountains. In the evening we watched pronghorn antelope from our window. This Settle Inn was about a half mile off the interstate, which made it quiet and more private. I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Settle Inn has an elevator, so all the rooms were good rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Duster
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were traveling through Wyoming on our way home from the Black Hills. We had decided to stop driving early in the evening and wanted a place with a swimming pool . We looked up motels and came across the the Settle Inn and Suites. It had a high rating and was easy to find. The faciulity is relatively new and every thing looks clean. Our check in was quick and easy. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The beds were comfortable. The continential breeakfast was really great; all kind of choices. I would reccommend this place to friends and relatives.

1  Thank krispyctr
Reviewed 19 July 2012

For what we needed I felt this place had it all. A comfy convenient place to spend the night on a mammoth driving trip, getting value for money in the process. The location might not be great for a stay in Gilette, but for a highway stop off it was ideal. There are a number of conveniences nearby by car, but by 21.30 they’d all closed so I didn’t make it to any. The rooms were large with good beds and a nice bathroom plus shower products. It had a fridge and there was also an ice machine on each floor. Wi-Fi worked very well. Breakfast was quite good with a wide variety of hot and cold, though I was getting followed around by the lady on breakfast duty – not sure if she was being attentive or worried I’d have a waffle too many! I liked the theme of the place too, in keeping with travelling this countryside. An ideal stop over really…

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Clarionmary, Director of Sales at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thanks so much for the kind review! We think Settle Inn & Suites is a great value for the money too. We constantly look at what we offer and ask ourselves if it's enough to be considered a great value. Then a review like yours lets us know it is! While we are not on the main road in Gillette, people have told us they like the quiet atmosphere on the edge of town. You can see the beautiful Wyoming sky for miles from here. We sincerely hope the breakfast attendant wasn't following you to count the number of waffles you enjoyed! You're welcome to as many as you like. In fact, the staff loves the smell of cooking waffles so we walk by the breakfast area a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

Decided to stay here rather than typical hotels bc of the rating and western theme. The hotel was about the same as HIE or Hampton Inn. The waffles for breakfast were delicious! Also had Irish Creme creamer for coffee that I had never seen. So good! Our only problem was the pillows on the bed were very firm and we both had headaches during the night. Love the wagon out front! Watch out for the wind!

• Stayed: July 2012

It was so nice of you to take a few minutes to tell us how much you liked the Settle Inn & Suites in Gillette, WY! We don't want to be a "typical" hotel and it's very rewarding that you appreciate that. It allows us to decorate in the Western style, have an evening reception and put a Western-style poem on your pillow - things we couldn't do if we were part of a big chain. Our waffles are always very popular. In fact, we've thought of having them as a dessert with fruit and whipped cream! I'm sorry the pillows weren't your favorite. They are a down-alternative and most people like them. I'll speak to the GM about keeping some very soft pillows on hand! Thanks again for your kind review!