“Home Away From home”

Arbuckle Lodge Gillette
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have stayed here a few times while visiting Gillette for business. They do a fantastic job of giving you everything you need without jacking up the price of your stay. Their breakfast is awesome. They have a small dinner too, though I've never tried it. Their pool is pretty nice and I have put a few miles on the treadmill in the fitness center too. It's really updated and overall a pretty nice place. I would definitely recommend it. Though, if you are visiting Gillette during a busy time, book early, because this place fills up fast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 April 2013

For cleanliness, comfort, friendliness this hotel is #1 in the region. I've stayed at most all of them in Gillette. This hotel is VERY WELL cared for. The king room we was HUGE! The pool room and pool were warm/clean. The linens were white, fresh and fluffy. Microwave, fridge in room, and TV that was "almost" HD. The breakfast was plentiful, good quality ingredients with hours fro 6:00-10:00am, so if you are getting up early like me, the food's ready. Because I was a long term guest, there were a couple things the hotel could improve upon. There is a wonderful overstuffed chair in the room, but only one and it's missing a reading lamp, or even a side table. Hard to take advantage of a great reading chair without a lamp. The other item would be blankets, pillows. There were too few blankets on the bed, however, there were a bunch of pillows, but they were all the same kind, so if you like puffy...they've got yours.

Room Tip: If you don;t have to arise early in the AM, get a room on the west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HDFLHPI
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I am so picky about clean hotels and this place exceeded my expectations. The rooms were large and bathrooms gave us enough space to spread our things out. The breakfast gave you a lot of choices and the seating area was spacious. The staff was so friendly and always had a kind word and smile when you came in and out. I was in Gillette for work but wish I could take this hotel with me wherever I travel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Clarionmary, Director of Sales at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you found Arbuckle Lodge to be squeeky clean. Our housekeeping staff is meticulous and very proud of their clean rooms! We're also very proud of our big rooms and our big breakfast. Our staff is second-to-none. They enjoy their jobs and the other people they work with and we hear that shows in their attitude and their smiles. We post these reviews on our cabinets so everyone can see what people say about them so thank you for mentioning them also! Please come back and see us next time you're in Gillette. If it's Monday through Thursday, we'll treat you to appetizers! Thanks again for taking the time to send us your kind review! Mary

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night in the Arbuckle Lodge in Gillette, Wyoming in March 2013. We reserved the whirlpool suite as we were looking for a bit of an "upgrade" during our hotel stay. We chose this hotel in this area because of the ratings & reviews on Trip Advisor.

The hotel reservationist on the telephone was kind and accommadating to us, as we had a funny situtation where I was going to be arriving at the property prior to my husband who had the physical credit card in his wallet that we needed to use to pay with. They arranged for an early check in which I was very grateful for as the roads were nasty and I needed some shelter! I can't say that I was greeted with a smile, or warmly, however it was a quick check in. I did have to ask for directions as to the best place to park and then where our room was. It was easy to find, but a little bit of guidance for the guests who are coming to the property to the first time might be something to add to check in chatter.

The room size stunned me when I first opened the door. It was massive for a hotel room and was decorated in traditional "western" decor. The whirlpool tub was in a separate bonus room divided by glass french doors that had a in wall fireplace, a 2nd tv, and wonderful windows. The bathroom had a seperate large shower and updated fixtures. There was also a tall mini bar as well as a small microwave and a mini fridge. The carpet was clean, the trashcans all empty, and I could tell that the maids had done a fabulous job of cleaning.

The whirlpool tub was a corner style tub surrounded by tile. It worked great and most importantly it was CLEAN and looked like it had never been used. If you are looking for a romantic or relaxing get away, I would recommend this style of room. It was nice to bubble in the tub while relaxing in front of the fireplace. Top notch for a hotel!

The hotel does have a medium size swimming pool AND also a hot tub that we didn't see listed on the hotel website. We used them both. Breakfast was your normal hotel breakfast, however it was served in a very large area with plenty of tables for all the guests.

Our main issue with our stay was our hotel room door. The key card had to be "re done" and "replaced" 4 times at the front desk because it would not work in the door. One time it stopped working as we were returning from the pool, so I had to wait in the hallway in my swimsuit while my husband went to get the card to work again. The deadbolt did not work in our room because of a very large settling crack above the door. Apparently the hotel has settled a bit since being built and it has made the door in our room unlockable and probably contributed to the key card not working at times.

The vent fan in our bathroom also did not work.

Outside of the annoyance of the keycard issue and the deadbolt not locking, this hotel was really nice for what you will be able to find in Gillette, WY. The western decor adds to a bit of the tourist charm and country feel, the room was absolutely 100% as clean as it could get, and the location is away from all the hustle and bustle noise of being directly in town.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed one might here. Hotel was very clean, nice big rooms. Large bathrooms. They also offered small breakfast and evening soup, we did not take advantage of this but was a nice added touch. We would highly recommend, it is just a couple miles from all the restaurants. The extra miles are worth it for the value and comfort of this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Best place in Gillette to stay. CLEAN, clean, clean, great staff. amazing food. clean, great staff, clean, did i say clean. This place has huge rooms, amazing staff, super clean, great big pool. great staff. did i say clean. We love this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kclmarshall
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was just there to play in the local orchestra. The lodge was right across the street from the Camplex, which is Gillete's event center. Rooms were spotless and spacious with very comfortable beds. The microwave, refrigerator, and coffee pot were an added plus. The included breakfast was very ample. Great hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business