“Great for Gillette!”

Arbuckle Lodge Gillette
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
“Great for Gillette!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is my second business trip to Gillette, so i of course consulted TA to find an awesome hotel. Last trip I stayed at the Windham Garden Inn - so so. But when I walked into my room tonight, I did a happy dance. Love the living room with Western themed furniture, the lighting is serene and the room, 'sniff .. sniff' even smells good. Great job, y'all. I'll be back... :) Oh, i didn't like the fact the front desk after accepting my corporate credit card asked for my personal card. Yeah, right! and why would you want this? In case you tear up the place. Hmmm, i'm in a suit and have a middle aged hair style and high heels. No rock star antics tonight. I passed - no personal credit card. might want to change that policy...a little creepy.

Room Tip: I don't really want to reveal my secrets, but ok. Ask for accomodations with a living room space...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Great staff at check in. The rooms are larger than typical hotel rooms. Good decor. Acceptable internet speed. Slightly off the beaten path - that can be good. Good breakfast in the morning. I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Marshall, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We went to Gillette for my youngest brother-in-law's wedding. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was very nice. The only complaint I have is when we went their card trol to make the access card was broken. I would have given a 4.5 if they offered it. Only thing knocking it down from a 5 was the card trol. It was very inconvenient to have to ask the staff to let us into our room or the pool. The staff was very nice and helpful about it. It had to be their bussiest nights over the New Year Holiday but they had extra staff to get people where they wanted. I had a four year old that was with us so it would have been nice to see them have a list of kid oriented activities around the town to do.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were not familiar with Arbuckle Lodges when we booked this room after a visit to Devil's Tower. The hotel was a delightful place to stay.
Warm, friendly atmosphere, very comfortable room. Not likely to be in that area again but would recommend it to any looking for a positive experience in their room selections.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Casper
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Convenient, quiet, comfortable, hospitable, Clean, safe........ That really pretty much sums it up. There is a hot tub and pool open till 11, rooms are comfortable, extended basic cable tv (flat screen) Electronic thermostats keeps the room at the right temp! The rooms are decent size, they're CLEAN, free wifi (no password required) business center, FREE laundry room, good water pressure in the shower, ACTUAL pillows!! Beds are the best, but they ARE comfortable! What I REALLY like, is the ACTUAL breakfast! We had our choice of... yogurt, granola, dry cereal, coffee, milk, breakfast burritos, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage, donuts, fruit, .....let me put it this way... IF you go away from breakfast hungry its YOUR fault! Not theirs! If this was ebay, their breakfast would get a A+++++++++++++

Room Tip: VERY close to the Camplex
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 December 2013

After visiting Devils Tower, I drove to the town of Gillette, which was about an hour’s drive away, in order to spend the night at this hotel. The Arbuckle Lodge has a cool, western flair and made me feel as if I were staying at an upscale resort, but for a much cheaper price. Using the hotel’s own website, I received a pretty sweet deal! It was a 21 Day Advance Reservation rate, meaning No Cancellations/No Refunds, so make sure your travel plans are set in stone if you take this rate.

The room was perfect, and I slept fantastically well! The next morning I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. It wasn’t a fancy set-up, but it was all good, warm & fresh food! I ate as much as I wanted, and relaxed a bit before hitting the road again.

Definitely, THE place to stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
karonros, Owner at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thanks for the great review! We agree that our hotel has an upscale feel at a very reasonable price. Our owners take a lot of pride in our western lodge, between the Black Hills area... including Devil's Tower... and Yellowstone. So glad you slept well and that you enjoyed the breakfast. It's guests like you who take the time to write a review that keep us as the number one hotel in Gillette on TripAdvisor. Thanks, Karon Young, Owner
Gillette, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We live in Gillette, and were having a "staycation" for our 17th anniversary. We booked the hot and fire place suite. From the moment you check in to the time you leave,you are treated like you are all that matters. We LOVED the spacious room with the comfy bed, over-sized sitting chairs and the hot/fireplace room. The breakfast was not as big as I thought it was going to be when they have "bigger Breakfast" addvertised in the room but still good. Would stay again and tell others to also.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple