“Clean but not great service.”

Arbuckle Lodge Gillette
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Monroe city
“Clean but not great service.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We weren't informed ahead of time that the pool was unusable due to the boiler being broken. Compensated 20 percent off of my room only after I complained and asked for discount. Had no milk for the below average breakfast. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sarahnbj
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I apologize for the pool situation. Unfortunately, we had to order a part for the heater. The pool was open, but definitely cool. I also, apologize for no milk. I know we had a very busy weekend and we did run out of milk. As soon as I was made aware of it, I personally ran to the store for additional milk until our order could arrive. I am glad your room was clean. We pride ourselves on good customer service and a clean room. I hope you will give us another try. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Omaha
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After a long day on the road , this hotel provided a much needed rest. Easy to find and very welcoming. The hotel provided free appetizers and drinks on weekdays. They were so good, we did not have to head out to dinner. The breakfast was also very good.

Good value, friendly staff and good food where just what we needed.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the rear of the hotel to avoid any traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I am so happy your stay provided the much needed rest after a day on the road. Also, thank you for mentioning out breakfast and the evening reception. I am glad you enjoyed it and you didn't have to go back out for food. Thank you and hope you stay again when you pass this way.
Pollock
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this place to anyone. The staff is so friendly and will do anything to please their guest. The rooms are amazing, clean and spacious. I am so glad to be able to write a positive report with 5 stars for once. I guve this place 10 stars. Thanks so much.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the glowing remarks. I will pass on your comments to my staff. They work hard to make each stay pleasurable. Thank you.
Denver, CO
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was a totally superb experience. The lobby of the lodge is 3 stories tall and superbly decorated. Rooms are spacious, including an over-sized bathroom. Everything about this place is fantastic. Best of all, it is priced way below the other highly rated places in Gillette.
Staff was super-friendly.
Breakfast (included) had a large assortment of hot items, including the do-ot-yourself Belgian waffle maker.
This location is easy access to the Douglas highway and there are many restaurants close by.
There is nothing but good things to say about this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Wow, thank you for your comments. We work so hard to make our guest's stays pleasant. Sounds like our efforts are are paying off. Thank you again.
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with our stay here. Hotel seems brand new!! Super clean.

Plenty of beds for a family of six. Kids stayed in a second bunk room off the main room.

Beds were very comfortable and the hotel was quiet.

Hot Breakfast was delicious and offered many choices. Even caught a great sausage roundup on a Tuesday evening ( Free BBQ sausages, coleslaw, and chips).

Only minor draw back was that hotel is not near the major food areas. They are about a 3 minute ride away.

Overall really recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. While the hotel was built in 2009, we strive to maintain it in excellent condition. Sounds like you stayed in our 'family' suite. We purposely configured this two room suite for the comfort of families. Glad you enjoyed it and the evening reception we host Monday through Thursday evenings. Thank you.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were on a road trip for 18 days. We stayed one night on our way to the Black Hills in the Arbuckle Inn. We stayed in a King Room. Clean, spacious bathroom, great bed and wonderful night sleep. The staff was friendly. We had nachos waiting when we arrived! And a great breakfast in the morning. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you Janis for your wonderful remarks. I am so glad you found the hotel: clean, friendly, and you enjoyed our breakfast, and the evening reception (held Monday thru Thurs 530pm to 7pm). Thank you again and hope to see you again.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I struggle to find a negative about the Lodge. It is modern , immaculate , tastefully decorated . Our room was huge , cozy , you can open windows for fresh air. Beds are comfortable . Bath was large and clean. My only negative was what seemed like instant coffee at breakfast , and the omlelets needed to be heated. This was my first motel breakfast in a month vacation that offered grape juice. ALL the employees were very friendly and helpful. We ordered steaks from the 'Chophouse' restaurant for dinner.....delivered to our room door ...complete with salad and potato. Yummy !!!!
Stay here !!!!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are equal.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your glowing remarks. And thank you for letting me know the the eggs were not being kept hot enough. I will take a closer look at how we maintain the heat and see what solutions I can find. I'm glad you took advantage of one of our partnerships with the restaurants in our community. The Chop House has excellent food.
Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.