“Best choice”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Marana, Arizona
“Best choice”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My name is Dennis Nultemeier from Tucson, AZ. I just completed a 10 week tour of the U,S. I stayed in the Best Hotel/Lodge as well as the worst motel, only stayed there because I had no choice (the only room left in town ) My tour started out in Ely, NV, From there I went to Boise,ID. area. I am a professional entertainer and musician. I stayed in some ok motels and hotels there. When I left ID> and headed into WY. I arrived at the Arbuckle Lodge in Gillette,WY. , the first thing I noticed was how professional all the staff were I realized that I had made the right choice..... I stayed at the Arbuckle Lodge for 8 days. the staff always had a cheerful greeting, I couldn't ask a question that the staff didn't know the answer. The room was every-bit as nice as my home, very clean and well-kept. The housekeeping staff did a very good job of keeping my room clean and in tip-top shape. The breakfast was the best, I stayed in a lot of hotels/motels in my 6000 plus miles, my only complaint with the Arbuckle Lodge was that they are only located in Gillette, WY and Fargo, ND. I would have been really happy to spend every night of my 10 week tour in an Arbuckle Lodge. You can bet if I'm in the Gillette or Fargo areas I will be staying at the Arbuckle Lodge..... A very loyal customer Dennis

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Wow, thank you for your comments Dennis. We strive to provide the very best for our guests. Thank you and I will pass on your comments to my staff. Thank you and please stay with us next time you are in Gillette.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very nice hotel with large, clean rooms and bathroom. However the elevator was broken, the pool is closed until further notice, and the breakfast was a let down. Coffee machine broken, juice machine out of juice, and waffle mix was out. Ended up just having cereal and toast. Did give us a discount on our room to make up for all this. Get these problems fixed and it would be the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
The weekend you are speaking about was definitely a trial for us. The old saying is: "When it rains it pours." You must have stayed when we had teams in the hotel and they wiped out the breakfast. I ran to the store to replenish our depleted items but it may have been too late for your breakfast. The weekend in question the elevator decided to die. We had to bring in repair personnel and then parts from outside of the state. Now as to the pool, unfortunately for health reasons we had to close the pool. A child became sick in the pool and we value our guests, so the pool had to be closed so we could properly clean it. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with all of these happening at once. I am so glad that you liked our hotel, even with all of the issues. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed at this property one night. I would recommend it and stay here again. It is very clean and modern. The hotel was full and there was a problem with the toilet in our room- all of the staff bent over backwards to remedy the situation and made us feel comfortable until it was fixed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that my staff did their jobs and took care of you, our guest. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Walls are paper thin. Curfew for the pool is 11pm. Not to mention the stairs door is located there as well. The door to the stairs is extremely heavy so it slams every time it was shut. Bathrooms do not have a vent system either.

Rooms are clean and spacious and staff was great. We didn't complain because the first night wasn't bad, but the second night was horrendous due to the noise for my husband. We were leaving the next night, so it didn't really matter. We plan on staying there again on our next trip to Gillette, but we will definitely request a room away from the pool.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room next to the pool or any stairs. Walls are too thin to compensate for the no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so sorry you experienced a lot of noise from the pool area and the door to the stairs. And I am really glad to hear that will not detour you from staying with us again. Please next time, if you experience any noise problems, let our front desk know so they can assist. We want our guests to experience a quiet night. Thank you.
Bristol, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We were visiting family in Gillette and needed a place to stay. This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Arbuckle. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. The view around the hotel is awesome, beautiful sunsets. We have a small pet also and they are pet friendly. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. It always pleases me to hear we are doing things right. Thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from yellowstone. After a random online search, called the arbuckle and made our reservation easily only a couple hours before arrival. Check in was seamless. Rooms are HUGE as are the bathrooms. Everything still smells new and clean, but not in an overpowering way. The free breakfast was AWESOME. Especially when some free breakfasts consist of bread and a muffin tray. Highly recommend this place - if we ever pass thru again we will make it a point to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your comments. We do have huge rooms, and so glad you experienced a seamless check-in, and enjoyed our expanded complimentary breakfast. Hope to see you again soon. Thank you.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were traveling through WY. on the way to MT. and found this place from the internet and what a nice surprise. Very easy access to the interstate. The lobby and the rooms were very clean, well appointed and the rooms were huge. Room had frig and coffee maker. Complementary wifi which was quite slow. They even had a light snack in the evening which was a hearty beef stew, biscuits and iced tea to drink. A nice addition after a long day of driving. Breakfast was good but, they kept running out of things, milk, yogurt, bread. And the biscuits and gravy were cold. I went to the back room door to ask for more to be brought out and found the young lady who was supposed to working there talking on her cell phone, twice. She must not think much of her job since she was a poor reflection on the hotel. If I were the management I would let her go as I noticed that two others found the same problem. The hotel was very quiet. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful especially the young man at the front desk when I checked in on 6/11. One of the nicest hotels we have stayed at in some time( except for the breakfast).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, but very disappointed to hear about the breakfast attendant being on her cell phone while working. I will address this with staff immediately. Thank you again and I hope you stay with us again.