“They made it right”

Arbuckle Lodge Gillette
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We booked this online for one night during our 3 week motorcycle trip. The only disappointment was the pool was closed when we arrived. After a long day on the road I was looking forward to a refreshing swim. However, to their credit, they gave me a price adjustment on the room when I asked for it. The rooms are quite nice and they have a free laundry. This is more of an extended stay hotel than a standard hotel. It is not in town but the staff is more than eager to give directions to restaurants. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back of the hotel. It overlooks a meadow and downtown Gillette. At 5:00 a.m...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am glad we could meet your needs, even with the pool being closed. Our front desk staff has a good knowledge of the community and can readily give directions from our location to where there are many restaurants within 2 miles of the hotel. Thank you again and we hope you visit again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Large room, seemed clean enough and bathroom is huge. Okay breakfast selection but mostly just warmed up stuff. It is out of town a bit but perfect and quiet for a quick overnight stay. Friendly staff. Lots of parking. Don't forget to go for pizza in town, best ever at the brew house.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff is very friendly. Thanks again and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed on our way back to Rapid City from Montana. I was a little apprehensive skipping chain hotels but the price ($140)was so much better (Hampton Inn was over $200 for similar room). The room are huge and new. The bathrooms were large too. Everything seemed new and fresh. We arrived late so the kids got up early to swim. There was an issue with one of the keys as it wouldn't open the door to the pool area. After 3 trips to the desk the receptionist came down and let us in. After swimming we showered and went to breakfast. It was the only disappointment of our stay. While the did have sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy it was just so so. They did offer pre made french toast, burritos and omelet(?) but it again was just so so. We enjoyed our stay and would consider staying if they were a chain.

Stayed: July 2014
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are fairly new, built in 2009 and we strive to maintain our hotel. I am glad you found our rooms large and fresh. I am sorry you found our complimentary breakfast food so so. How can we make it better? What would you like to see changed or added? Please feel free to contact me directly with your comments. Thank you and we hope you stay with us again in your travels.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My name is Dennis Nultemeier from Tucson, AZ. I just completed a 10 week tour of the U,S. I stayed in the Best Hotel/Lodge as well as the worst motel, only stayed there because I had no choice (the only room left in town ) My tour started out in Ely, NV, From there I went to Boise,ID. area. I am a professional entertainer and musician. I stayed in some ok motels and hotels there. When I left ID> and headed into WY. I arrived at the Arbuckle Lodge in Gillette,WY. , the first thing I noticed was how professional all the staff were I realized that I had made the right choice..... I stayed at the Arbuckle Lodge for 8 days. the staff always had a cheerful greeting, I couldn't ask a question that the staff didn't know the answer. The room was every-bit as nice as my home, very clean and well-kept. The housekeeping staff did a very good job of keeping my room clean and in tip-top shape. The breakfast was the best, I stayed in a lot of hotels/motels in my 6000 plus miles, my only complaint with the Arbuckle Lodge was that they are only located in Gillette, WY and Fargo, ND. I would have been really happy to spend every night of my 10 week tour in an Arbuckle Lodge. You can bet if I'm in the Gillette or Fargo areas I will be staying at the Arbuckle Lodge..... A very loyal customer Dennis

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Wow, thank you for your comments Dennis. We strive to provide the very best for our guests. Thank you and I will pass on your comments to my staff. Thank you and please stay with us next time you are in Gillette.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very nice hotel with large, clean rooms and bathroom. However the elevator was broken, the pool is closed until further notice, and the breakfast was a let down. Coffee machine broken, juice machine out of juice, and waffle mix was out. Ended up just having cereal and toast. Did give us a discount on our room to make up for all this. Get these problems fixed and it would be the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014

The weekend you are speaking about was definitely a trial for us. The old saying is: "When it rains it pours." You must have stayed when we had teams in the hotel and they wiped out the breakfast. I ran to the store to replenish our depleted items but it may have been too late for your breakfast. The weekend in question the elevator decided to die. We had to bring in repair personnel and then parts from outside of the state. Now as to the pool, unfortunately for health reasons we had to close the pool. A child became sick in the pool and we value our guests, so the pool had to be closed so we could properly clean it. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with all of these happening at once. I am so glad that you liked our hotel, even with all of the issues. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed at this property one night. I would recommend it and stay here again. It is very clean and modern. The hotel was full and there was a problem with the toilet in our room- all of the staff bent over backwards to remedy the situation and made us feel comfortable until it was fixed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that my staff did their jobs and took care of you, our guest. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Walls are paper thin. Curfew for the pool is 11pm. Not to mention the stairs door is located there as well. The door to the stairs is extremely heavy so it slams every time it was shut. Bathrooms do not have a vent system either.

Rooms are clean and spacious and staff was great. We didn't complain because the first night wasn't bad, but the second night was horrendous due to the noise for my husband. We were leaving the next night, so it didn't really matter. We plan on staying there again on our next trip to Gillette, but we will definitely request a room away from the pool.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room next to the pool or any stairs. Walls are too thin to compensate for the no...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so sorry you experienced a lot of noise from the pool area and the door to the stairs. And I am really glad to hear that will not detour you from staying with us again. Please next time, if you experience any noise problems, let our front desk know so they can assist. We want our guests to experience a quiet night. Thank you.