Arbuckle Lodge Gillette
US$103
US$96
US$95
La Quinta
All reviewsfront deskfamily suitewestern decorfree guest laundrytacosmanager's receptionbiscuits and gravywafflesbreakfast burritofree breakfastrooms are largeawesome hotelin towngreat breakfastother hotelsking roomgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great for the family, the housekeepers are awesome and front desk very informative ! It's a little loud, but everything else makes up for the noise level !! We were on the first level, next time we will request upper floor, but we will be back !! The housekeeper Char is awesome !!

Room Tip: Request upper floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and apologize if there was noise in the area of your room. Please always let the front desk know so they can limit the noise. I let Char know you consider her "awesome". Comments like yours are so appreciated by our housekeepers. They work very hard to provide a clean, comfortable room for you. Thank you. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We've been on a cross country road trip for the last 4 weeks. Booking hotels along the way can be tricky! This was one of our favorite stops! Beautiful hotel! Very peaceful! And this was even with several family's & LOT's of bikers heading to Stergis The only remark I'd make to the Hotel, would be...... Get new towels! with this nice of a place, a girl could use a Fluffy White towel to just push the experience over the happy edge.

Stayed: August 2014
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you found us as one of your "favorite stops". As to the towels, I have a feeling you just missed the new ones that have just arrived. We replace towels frequently. Please, next time when you stay with us, if there is anything you feel needs replaced, please let us know. Thank you and we will do all that we can to take you "over the happy edge" next time. Thanks.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked my softball team (Lawrence Phenix) at the Arbuckle for the ASA Western Nationals July 29th - August 3rd and enjoyed it. The rooms were large and all staff members were wonderful. The lobby area was huge and comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful and was kept stocked. The had a BBQ Gas Grill outside that everyone could use. They ran out of propane and they were quick about getting replacements.
The beds were very comfortable and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job. I even left a credit card behind and received a call advising they had it. That does not happen too often.
If a National Tournament is held in Gillette again, there s no doubt they my team will stay at the Arbuckle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and my staff lived up to their reputation of providing great customer service. The guest space is indeed large, from the lobby to our guest rooms. The BBQ grill is available to all guests and because of that, we frequently have to replace the propane. Thank you for your patience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We arrived the Monday following the 4th of July weekend. According to front desk staff, the hotel was inundated with unexpected baseball teams over the weekend. The hotel and rooms are very nicely decorated and very clean. Unfortunately, the elevator was not working so we were placed in a main floor room along the highway. Not the quietest of rooms. The breakfast was a huge disappointment--we were told the hotel was awaiting a truck delivery. Nothing but cereal, bread and coffee. No juice. Staff was very apologetic about the elevator and the lack of breakfast items. Front desk staff was also very helpful in suggesting places to see and eat. Room rate was a bit high for this type of facility. Despite the problems we will definitely give this place another chance next time we travel through Gillette.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs and on back side of hotel would be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. Its true, the day you arrived heralded in an elevator that had a part fail and the breakfast staff was recovering from a weekend of teams that wiped out our breakfast supplies. I was running to the store all weekend trying to keep up with the demand. I apologize for both. Thank you for giving us another chance. I assure you this is not the norm and we will provide a quality product on your next stay. Thank you and please come again.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here on our way back to Michigan, The rooms were a good size, clean, and nicely decorated. The pool was nice and had a basketball hoop in it. The grand kids liked that. The breakfast area was clean and well supplied. The front desk was pleasant and helpful. I have not stayed at the chain before, but would not hesitate to stay again at one of their places. The management obliviously cares about your stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you were able to enjoy our large rooms, the pool area, and our expanded breakfast. I am also glad you found our staff pleasant and helpful. We strive to give our guests a special stay. Thank you and we hope you stay again with us.