“This gal made our morning”
Review of Super 8 Gillette

Super 8 Gillette
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed at this super 8 last night check in went smooth and the night desk gentleman was friendly. He had fresh coffee and it smelled wonderful. We slept well our room was clean and we slept great the beds at this place are a huge bonus. Breakfast was good they had many choice and some healthy which is nice. The gal that was on the morning shift was incredible she checked the road conditions and helped me get my husband and luggage to the car as my husband does not move well! She went way above and beyond to make sure I had a smooth morning. I will come back here for sure on our way back through! High five to the employees at this super 8! See you soon.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Hgravesa
Amanda B, General Manager at Super 8 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you had a great experience we hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We chose the Super 8 because the rate seemed reasonable and they offered breakfast. We stayed for three nights, renting a second room for one night for family coming to town. The "breakfast" area consisted of four tables stuffed into the lobby in front of a TV. At 8:00 AM, the waffle batter was gone, and we were told there wasn't any more. Two regular coffee carafe's were empty, and the orange juice/apple juice dispenser was out of orange juice. We were again told there was no more. So we tried for cereal (Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran were our choices). Frosted flakes were empty and the milk (sitting in a plastic jug on the counter) was almost empty and was room temperature. When we asked if there was more milk or cereal, the female front desk clerk sighed loudly and walked to a storage room and returned with a bag of generic corn flakes and tossed them on the counter as if she were throwing a fit, and proceeded to make a pot of coffee, throwing the old coffee grounds into the already overflowing garbage can. (There was some form of gunk spread against the wall behind the garbage can and the wall looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in several days.) Additionally, the counter top and table tops were littered with crumbs, plastic wrap from the pastries offered as breakfast. (In the mean time, there was a guy named "Matt" surfing Facebook on a laptop behind the front desk who offered no assistance at all to the female clerk.) As the female clerk restocked the break box, I watched as she grabbed the bread with her bare hands after making coffee, filling the cereal bin, and wiping down a couple tables.

I noticed that the carpeting on the stairs leading to the second floor and on the second floor hallway was filthy for the three days of our stay, and never appeared to have been vacuumed. Our room was average, with a TV that was outdated 10 years ago.

You could not pay me to stay at this motel ever again. The indifference of the dayshift staff was customer service at it's worst. My advice is to spend a few extra bucks and stay someplace else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 June 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. We care about what our guests think. We hope you'll stay with us again in the future!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

After driviing all day we finally arrived at our hotel Super 8 in Gillette Wyo. We meet Carlos at the front desk. He was very friendly, but didn't seem to know to much about the computer system. It took a little while to get checked in. After checking in we went to our rooms. They were alright for Super 8 could use some major up dating. It was a No Smoking romm, but smelled like smoke. At about midnight I heard some loud noises coming from the hallway. I have to tell you there was quit a party going on. Very loud music and young adults running up and down the hallway making a lot of noise, going in and out of different rooms. They were smoking in the hall way so the cigarette smoke was very thick. Some of the conversations were about who had the pills (drugs). After about 15 minutes I called down to the front desk and talked to Carlos again telling him about the problem. He said "he would make a note about it." After watching the hallway for awhile through the peep hole I did not see Carlos or anyone else walk through the hallway to fix the problem. So I tried to call the front desk again and I could not get through. I guess Carlos had blocked the phone someway. I could never get the front desk again. The noise never did stop for a long time. I turned up the fan and put ear plugs in and went back to bed. In the morning, after not getting much sleep, I went down to the breakfast area. I got a bowl of ceral and looked around for the milk. I could not find any so I ask the young man at the desk if they had any milk. He said "no we ran out" and went back to what he was doing. Well this was the last straw for this crappy hotel. We were booked for five nights. I ask the desk clerk about the party on the third floor, he said it was a group of young people there that go out in the area and make door to door sales. I asked how long they were going to be there, he said all week. Needless to say we check out.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary A
Amanda B, General Manager at Super 8 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I want thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered while staying with us. The issues with the group of magazine salesman was addressed numerous times by my night audit clerk that took over for Carlos. He had to in turn call the police to make sure that the problem was solved. We strive to keep each and every customer satisfied and I am deeply sorry we fell short. I do hope that on your next visit to the area you will give us the chance to show you we can exceed all your expectations.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Karen W

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Very nice! Wish they had a pool/ hot tub! Good Breakfast, nice staff. Saturday front desk was wearing sweatshirt and saggy jeans :-( but was very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
3  Thank 1mom_2
Amanda B, General Manager at Super 8 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at the Super 8 in Gillette on 11/18/13. It was an unplanned stay. Got caught in Gillette late Monday and tried several "nice" hotels in the area. All were booked up and had no vacancies. Tried the Super 8 at about 9pm. The desk clerk, Letonya, was chearful and welcoming, this was in strong contrast to the other hotels that I had pysically checked, hotels, mind you, that I had "elite" or special membership status. Anyway, I got a room at the Super 8. The room was roomy, very clean, had some nice amenities, and the bed reasonable comfortable. All this for a very reasonalbe rate that was signfiicantly lower than the other hotels that I had checked. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to see you on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had a non-smoking room and I might as well have just reserved a smoking room. The smell was very overwhelming. This hotel needs to renovated. Staff at the front desk was exceptionally nice, but that doesnt make up for how run down it is. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo