“Very nice place for motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Gillette

Motel 6 Gillette
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very nice place. Rooms are clean and even have a big recliner to sit in. Was surprised to see that they even have a gym and a sauna. Not used to that except in high end hotels. We stayed here two separate times and the gal we dealt with at night was very knowledgeable with our corporate lodging cards and nice to boot. Then the next time we had a gentleman and he went above and beyond. Would recommend this place. I did see some bad reviews and sometimes wonder if some people are just having a longgg bad day or something.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lhung

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We made reservations online, and the guy who made them was condescending, at one point he told me (listen to me). Then when we arrived the man at the desk said he was having trouble finding us the room we had reserved, queen beds and both rooms together. Instead he put us in a tiny full size bed in a non smoking room that had a strong odor of cigarette smoke. It was at opposite ends of the hall with our friends. After complaining he moved us next door to our friends, why he couldn't do this to begin with? We are traveling on vacation and have stayed in a lot of Motel 6, but this is the worst. And I forgot to mention of you take a shower, watch out because you will be nice and warm and then it will blast you with cold water. Hate paying good money for bad motels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We had road on a bus all day. And when we arrived in mid evening the desk clerk was so nice got us a room on the first floor. The room was freshley remodled. The remodle is so nice and fresh. The room was comfortable clean and very affordable. The man at the desk in the morning was nice and gave us the name of a couple breakfast places. Nice folks and affordable cant be beat.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel in an 11 night trip. Old tired hotel. We stayed cheaper and alot nicer everywhere else. Wasn't a nightmare but wasn't nice either. You can do better. Had to change from smoking to nonsmoking because even though I am a smoker I couldn't sleep I'm that room.... would not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Jeanne H,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and odor issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

After traveling on a very windy day on motorcycles my father and I were very pleased with Motel 6 Gillet. The staff on the afternoon and night shift were very friendly and professional people. They dealt with all thier clients with utmost respect. I will tell you that who ever does the hiring got it right with these employees.The rooms were clean and smelled fine. I will stay here again when I travel through Gillette Wy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank R0adRunner67
Reviewed 31 October 2012

It was a nice room. I appreciated the fact that it was close to the exit door for getting our stuff in as well as close for going in and out with the dogs. It is a bit odd with the door right next to the sink. I also appreciated getting a down stairs room for my husband who has difficulty climbing stairs. It is a pain in the butt to have to set your stuff down every time you get to the hall exit door because you have to key it to get inside. The desk clerk was nice and friendly. I appreciate that motel 6 excepts pets. Having cleaned rooms myself I know it takes extra work to clean a room where pets have stayed so I will not let them get on the beds. One thing Motel 6 needs to learn is their Beds are not Queens but fulls. The beds were comfortable. But we would have had a difficult time sleeping if their were not two beds because of them being small.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed in this motel last night. The non-smoking room I had requested has such a heavy smoke residue/smell I asked to switch. Upon switching it was exactly the same. I have asthma and sinus problems so it was one of those things that was hard to power through. I've noticed that if you are around a certain smell you kind of get used to it, but when I woke up and throughout the morning it smelled exactly the same. YUCK. Unfortunately I paid before seeing the room. I do not recommend this motel 6-- if you do stay here make sure to bring some extra oxygen with you.

• Stayed: September 2012