“I don't normally write reviews” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mustang Motel
and 1 more site!
Mustang Motel
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
“I don't normally write reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I just want to say that the Mustang Motel is a diamond in the rough. As others have stated, the staff is simply the best. I received a call from the front desk shortly after cheking in to make sure I was satisfied with the room. This was a nice touch.

I stayed on a near zero degree night in January and was concerned about the heat issue mentioned in a previous review. The price was right, so I gave them a shot. I'm happy to report that not only did the heat work, the room was quite toasty and I even turned the heat down a little.

I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but this family owned motel is an excellent bang for your buck! I'll gladly give them my business again anytime I'm in Gillette.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank drewrbd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
lava hot springs, idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is one of those instances when you really wish that the hotel owners could get a subsidized small business grant to make a go of it. We reserved a room there as it was locally owned and the reviews said that the owners were really nice. We were only sleeping the night and travelling on, so other amenities like a pool weren't on our list. Unfortunately, it was one of the worst night's sleep we've ever had in a hotel room. The weather had turned cold and nasty getting there, and the parking lot was slippery and tricky. We checked into the room and it was very cold. We turned on the heater, and it was so loud it sounded like someone was running a tractor-trailer inside our room, and it didn't really warm up. We called the room for extra blankets, and it took a while, but they came to our door with a couple of those fleece blankets like you see hanging in parking lots and fairs for sale. We had our lab with us, and we all ended up buried in the bed, shivering all night. We aren't spoiled & used to a warm room,either.
We keep our house at 60 in the cold months, and this was way colder than that. We ended up turning the heater off because it was so loud and wasn't really making much heat anyhow. In the morning, the bathroom was on the windy side of the room, and was well under 50 degrees. That was a chilly shower. I hope they can fix things up more. They were very nice and helpful people, and I'm always routing for the local businesses, but we won't be staying there unless we don't need heat. They did charge a pet fee of $5.00, which isn't much, but it makes the rooms more expensive than motel 6, which would have had heat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Gillette hotels

Gillette, Wyoming, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

An average motel for a good price. Clean rooms, nice beds, and nice bathrooms. Nice owners that run the place. If you need a place to stay in Gillette, Wyoming then the Mustang Motel is the place to stay and it has an easy to get to location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Nice little Motel. Nothing to brag about but certainly nothing to complain about. Clean, good cost for what I wanted, easy access on and off freeway. Thanks

I have to use 200 characters to post this review so here are more words. just wanted to say something kind about this Motel and make sure the good word is out. Let's see if this is now 200 characters. I hope

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Fair price for a fair motel. Not the cleanest, not the dirtiest.

Very sweet and helpful lady/owner(?) at the front desk.

Bathroom had shower etc. No luxurious touches here, only the basics.

Great WiFi signal in the room!

• Stayed August 2013