“A decent hotel”

Best Western Tower West Lodge
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and, while the rooms are a little dated and old; I've been in much worse and it was clean and well kept.

The bar at the hotel was excellent and very friendly wait staff as well; but whatever you do, don't go to the restaurant there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
FAKhan_9, General Manager at Best Western Tower West Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We have some big remodeling projects planned through the winter to bring the room more up to date, and I am sure you will like the upcoming changes. I do however, want to apologize for what ever ill experience you had in our restaurant, and hope you will our staff their another chance.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband is here for work, he got called to come here for a few weeks so we decided to just stay in hotel. When we first got to best western it seems like everything was great, I would stay in hotel room with our dog while husband was working. After a couple days I needed our floors vacuumed, when housekeeping came to my room they told me since I had a dog(which was locked in a crate) I could vacuum my own room. Not happy I told her if it was that big of a deal I would do it but I was not the one getting paid to vacuum my room she was! She vacuumed the room. Everyday just to keep it clean I have housekeeping come in and vacuum, take out trash, and if needed get new towels. Everyday the same lady that told me I could vacuum my own room would come in and vacuume my room but she would go over floor very fast not picking up much dirt, and only vacuumed half the room and I see her do it everyday, we have a room with 2 bed and she won't vacuum past the first bed! The other lady working with her always get on to her and once she turns her back the lazy cleaning lady acts like she is hitting her(while the lady's head is turned!!!)! One day I needed my towels switched out and housekeeping told me they couldn't do that all they had were hand towels, so I took hand towels for my husband and I to use for when we got out of the shower, for 4 days in a row they didn't have towels!! The last 2 days they told me as soon as the load in dryer was done they would bring me some, that never happened! Also the TV in our room is awful, the sound cuts on and off all the time! Another downfall about the room is the electrical outlets are all behind the TV stand and one at the bathroom sink, so you cannot plug anything in unless it's in the bathroom outlet! There have been times when I will go to the front desk and wait for a good 3 mins before a manager walk into the desk area and has to go in back to get workers! The young workers are always in the back on their cell phones and not tending to the desk, and when you finally get there attention that you need something, they are rude, disrespectful, and don't really care what you are saying. I cannot wait to move out of this hotel next week! To think of the housekeeping lady not simply vacuuming half my room, what else are they doing we don't see?

• Stayed: November 2013

I would like to start with a sincere apology for the mishaps you have experienced. I know there is currently 2 rooms in the hotel under the same name and you have both been with us for several weeks. I have personally assisted all of you from both rooms, but this was the first that I have heard of any concerns from either of you. We addressed your concerns with the housekeeping staff on Saturday morning as soon as we read your review. I hope you have received better service the past couple of days. I only wish you had asked for me at the front office or called for me sooner, so I could have fixed these issues for you as soon as the first incident occurred. This not the kind of service that is acceptable to our management staff. Again, I truly apologize and hope the remainder of your stay is more comfortable. If you have any more concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directl.

Regards:

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The staff was very welcoming and the hotel was clean and up to date. The indoor pool area is in a state of remodeling, but the mess is kept at a minimum. Overall a very pleasant experience. The area is safe and the staff is friendly. Our keys would quit working on a fairly regular basis, but the front desk staff re-keyed them time and again without complaint. The hot tube and outdoor pool area is very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad your enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

What a cheerful place. Bears, bears everywhere. The staff is friendly and makes you feel right at home. Clean exceptionally well decorated rooms and the beds are the best. These beds you can really snuggle down in. The #1 best Best Western experience I've had, and I have been to BWs in a half a dozen states.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Probably the worst Best Western we ever stayed in. The lady at the front desk was very unfriendly. The hotel was pricey, rates much to high for the quality. We payed $50 less the day before at the BW Sturgis Inn. The room was very dirty. Found empty soda bottle, shampoo, coffee pads and tissue’s behind TV armoire (maids don't clean behind them???) and dust under the beds ! A good thorough CLEANING would be a HUGE improvement! I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
FAKhan_9, General Manager at Best Western Tower West Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Good morning-

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. I am investigating these items that went wrong during your stay. I will be addressing each item with the appropriate department manager to ensure this does not happen again.

Best Regards-

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I always and only stay here when I'm in town visiting for business or pleasure! Have lots of friends and family in Gillette, I could stay with, but always get a room here! The Staff of the Hotel, Lounge and Restaurant always go above and beyond my expectations. The restaurant has an amazing all you can eat seafood buffet on Friday nights for only $23.99. And a very friendly and knowledgable staff!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
FAKhan_9, General Manager at Best Western Tower West Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Good morning, Jonathan!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Best Western Tower West Lodge. We enjoy having you as our guest and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

the hotel is dated and dirty, the food is terrible, the walls are thin, the bar is stinky and hot, and the place is boardered on two sides by fields of old vehicles and chemical tanks. the desk guy was friendly and entertaining. the weitress reminded me of flo from mels diner. friendly enough but not very refined.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Good morning! I appreciate that you took the time write a review of your stay with us. We will be under going a renovation this winter. I hope you will reconsider staying this again after this is complete and will better enjoy your stay.