“Feeling Welcome in Gillette”

Best Western Tower West Lodge
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 22 June 2014

i've been staying at this hotel for over 30 years. Through out that time, thru 2 owners, they have always provided a quality experience. Owner Aftab Khan is constantly upgrading and improving the appearance of the building and rooms, and manager Nicole Brown has done a great job of training her people to be professional and friendly. i highly recommend this motel, and that comes from someone who spends at least 90 nites a year in motels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nicole B, General Manager at Best Western Tower West Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

HI, Jack! Thank you so much for taking the time to a review. I always enjoy visiting with you when you are in Gillette. I am glad you like our recent upgrades, we have so much more planned over the next several months! I hope we see you again soon.

Have a great weekend!
Nicole B

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our destination city had no vacancies anywhere so we had to drive almost two hours to get here. We had called to make a reservation to ensure we would have a room when we got there. It was very late. When we got there the clerk said our card had been declined! So we went right across the street to a convenient store, got cash off the same card, and went back in and paid cash. He was very rude. Our room was on the second floor. No elevator! But the room was large, reasonably clean, and smelled good. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The person that checked us out was also rude. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Your review is very helpful as we strive to improve daily. This is helpful in training our staff. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Have a great day!
Nicole B

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 11 days and it was awesome. Friendly staff and very clean. We carried our blue heeler and they really are pet friendly. The pools are clean and it's close to several places to eat. And the all you can eat Saturday night seafood is worth the money.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked my hotel stay directly with hotel over the phone one week prior to my stay. They informed me of a special $69.99 rate for my business trip. When I arrived, I was told by the manager they had no rooms and I was moved to another hotel in which they owned with the Best Western rate. However they informed me the $69.99 rate was incorrect and that they never offered that rate (even though I had a printed document proving otherwise). The rate would now be $89.99. Myself and 40 other colleagues were treated the same way except for one individual who checked in after the manager left and got the $69.99 rate. I would not recommend staying at this facility becase they don't honor their reservations or rates.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank traveltime024
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is an attractive property although we did not use the pool etc so I can't comment on that. We were given breakfast vouchers for the next morning at their onsite restaurant. It was a good value as the choices were fine for us.....eggs, bacon, toast and juice or coffee for $5. We were also given a free wine or beer voucher but checked out another restaurant for dinner instead. The staff was very helpful in locating the restaurant and getting us there quickly and easily. Our room was comfortable and all room amenities worked fine. It was a little pricey but since I split the cost with my sister and used a travel reward; price was not as big a factor as it might be for others.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It looked so much better on line. it was just an average hotel and not worth the $$$ it cost to stay there. There was no towels in the pool room, phone did not work in the pool room so had to find someone to bring towels. the paint was peeling off on the inside surface of the hot tub. Restaurant was very expensive, not continental breakfast. Was just way less then I was expecting.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The pool was nice and the fitness center was in great working order and good. The room was nice and clean and the courtyard was a nice touch with deck. The staff was helpful. When asked where to eat on a holiday they were more than helpful. The beds were comfortable and we had a dog and they accommodated us with a first floor for ease when having to take the dog out. Free wifi.