“As basic as it gets”

Western Inn
Western Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Old and cold but then it was only about $60 a night. No extra blankets, flat pillows, thin towels and a noisy heater. TV screen had one color--purple. However, the water was hot and it was basically clean--overall a very soul-less place! Stay only if you have too and make it quick.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sintita
There are newer reviews for Western Inn

Reviewed 10 September 2013

a dirty, dirty hotel. too many guests have their doors open late at night, as if they're just waiting to see what the night brings them. cigarettes everywhere. questionable staff. it's exactly the kind of hotel you don't want to stay at. sketchy and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: choose a good room by staying somewhere else. or in your car.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Horst_Bjorst
Reviewed 30 April 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE..NOT EVEN WORTH THE 60$ THEY WONT RETURN FOR A FILTHY ROOM. Cig burns all over non smoking room..bed was full of hair..stains..and even an ipod under the pillow. Unfortunately they will not refund me because i used shower before i checked my bed. WHAT A DIVE!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank troywheelock
Reviewed 24 September 2012

You know the saying, "You get what you pay for". Well, sometimes you don't even get that. We were told when making reservations that breakfast would be put out early for us, because we started work at six. When checking in we mentioned the early breakfast to the owner, he flipped out. He said he fired the guy that promised early breakfast, so too bad. I asked for a single non smoking room, he gave me a double smoking room. I asked him if he had a room with a better bed because mine was terrible, 6 inch sag in the middle, metal coils jabbing me in the back. He told me to sleep on the other bed! They were both worn out. Everything was worn out. The sheets and blankets had burn holes, the carpet was filthy, the toilet seat had some kind of burnt black goo on it. The air conditioner rattled and was filthy. Every door knob felt greasy, light switches had built up gunk on them. I saw one of the maids dragging "clean" blankets from the laundry room across the dirt driveway on her way to the room she was cleaning. The walls on the exterior had splashes of unknown liquid (vomit? slurpee?) on them. Cigarette butts and garbage in the walkways. Surveillance cameras everywhere just made me feel uneasy. I've stayed at worse places, but this one is up there.

Room Tip: If everything is full in Green River, don't settle for this place
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank inali9
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We had to stay here while we waited for our car to be fixed in town. It was our misfortune to break down here during a rodeo. The hotel was shamelessly jacking up prices. The girl at the front desk said "$110 for a regular room. We're charging A LOT more cause of the rodeo haha". A fellow traveler stopped me to ask if I had been gouged as badly as her (yes) and said that they refused her AARP, AAA, and Federal Employee discounts as void for the week which she had never encountered.

My room was fine - clean and spacious. I believe it was a handicap room because it had a large bathroom with a very wide doorframe and a wheelchair accessible sink. It had a fridge and microwave (I believe all rooms do). The TV was playing bright pink though. The woman I spoke to said her room was horrible and the worst she had encountered all the way on her trip from the east coast. We may have lucked out by getting the more spacious and nicer room than may be normal. There are two as stations and a diner that serves ok food (very small portions though...odd for a diner) nearby. The continental breakfast was coffee (very bad though, yech), tea bags, eggo style waffles, little Debbie muffins, some sort of little Debbie "cinnamon roll" style pastry, and frosted flakes or Cheerios.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank CaitlinK1024
Reviewed 23 September 2011

When we had arrived Randy the Manager was very helpful and friendly our room was very clean and the area was very quiet.. The staff were very helpful when it came to giving us directions of the town.. only thing I could complain about during my stay was the tiny coffee cups they have for the cont. breakfast!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kris N
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We were traveling on the 26 of June 2011 and we knew Rock Springs was sold out because of a rodeo so I called in the afternoon and booked a room at the Western Inn, The Girl said they had a room for us and I was relieved. I gave her my Credit card Info and told the girl that we would be there late as we were driving from Nevada but that we would be there and she said no problem. OK and I have two little kids and one with a disablility so we were so tired and happy to be here. I rang the bell and Randy came out and told us he gave away our room. I was like "WHAT" I explained that I gave her our CC info to hold the room. Its midnight and we have no where to stay. He said there is nothing they can do. So frankly they were so interested in making sure they did not miss making money on a room incase we did not show up even though they had our Credit card info. I would not recommend this place and they really left us out in the cold.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs
Little America Hotel
Little America Hotel
#1 of 1 in Little America

Been to Western Inn? Share your experiences!