“Great location!”
Review of Jackson Hole Lodge

Jackson Hole Lodge
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Just back from a trip to Jackson and Yellowstone, and stayed at the Jackson Hole Lodge for 4 nights with my husband and two teen daughters. The hotel has a great location, within easy walking distance to town, as well as other spots up and down Broadway. Parking and traffic in Jackson is a mess, so being able to leave the car and walk was wonderful. The kids loved the pool and hot tubs, and the hotel and room had everything we needed. As other reviewers have noted, the hotel is not new and shiny, rather it is comfortably worn. We stayed on the third floor in a condo that had a full kitchen, pull out couch in the living room, and separate bedroom with king bed (super comfy maybe a little soft if you like a harder mattress), two full bathrooms, fireplace, and balcony. While we didn't cook, we loved having the full fridge available. Both tvs had dvd players, and the lobby had a nice selection of dvd's to check out. The a/c in our room was probably the best we've run into in a hotel - when we got there the room was actually cold. The folks working there are super friendly, coffee/tea/hot chocolate are available in the lobby, and they'll be happy to give pointers on things to do. You will hear street noise from this hotel but I don't think there's any getting around that anywhere in Jackson unless you stay someplace really off the beaten path. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Third floor (but there is no elevator, so the stairs give a pretty good work out at the higher altit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Stuart L, General Manager at Jackson Hole Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Happy to hear everything worked out for you and your family. We're not the newest hotel on the block, however we take great pride in our "comfortably worn" accommodations. The majority of our business comes word of mouth and for that we thank you. See you soon.

There are newer reviews for Jackson Hole Lodge

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed here at the end of July in a 2 bedroom condo-type unit. This was our first trip to Jackson and we loved it! The condo was great for our extended family of 6. We had plenty of room and the washer and dryer was an added bonus. This is not a "high-end" hotel, but it is perfect for a family with kids. The front desk staff is AMAZING. Very friendly and helpful. They even loaned us bear spray and walking sticks to use when we went into Yellowstone! (FYI, a single can of bear spray cost about $60). We were also in walking distance to the town square which was nice since parking could be hard to find! We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I'm happy we had the opportunity to host your family. The two-bedroom suites are my personal favorites and perfect for parents traveling with children. Location is key. Just a few short blocks from the town square. Come back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms here were sweet! Felt like you we're in a true western lodge experience! Nice bathrooms! The room even had a FIREPLACE!! Nice! We had a deck, too! Great value-this is a must go!! This town rocks

• Stayed: August 2013
Stuart L, General Manager at Jackson Hole Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Great review. It sounds like we knocked it out of the park. Tell your friends and by all means come back and see us again soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Business travel is tough - my company will only pay a certain amount per night. Jackson is so popular in the summer that the rates for even the most substandard lodging are astronomical. I made my reservations late, and had a limited number of properties to choose from . Since this one was within walking distance to Town Square, I hit submit.

I opened the door to a musty odor. The place is old and outdated. The weird bookcase things that surrounded the headboard were odd. The carpet had strange wet spots and came and went by the door, like some sort of poltergeist. I had a wood burning fireplace but dang, I left a cord of wood at home. There is a charge to dial even a toll free number. The cleaning staff didn't empty my trash every day and I got one bath towel, one face cloth and one hand towel per day. If they are afraid guests will run off with those, they can forget about it. You can get that same set for a couple of bucks at the dollar store - and more plush to boot.

If you have to choose this place, the upside is that the front desk staff is super friendly and housekeeping makes the bed quickly. There is an indoor pool and the hot tubs are large. Its also within walking distance of Town Square, so you don't have to navigate traffic and pedestrians or worry about driving home after a few drinks at nice downtown restaurants. And if you just need a place to flop after a long day in court, at least its clean and the bed was comfy.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor. Both front and back face streets, but you can see Snow King from a back room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Secretariat1973

It sounds like some positive resulted from your stay. Thank you for mentioning the front desk staff and housekeeping's quick bed making abilities. Due to limited storage, extra linens and wash cloths are stored in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. This sometimes goes unnoticed. Regarding the bedside shelves, we are in the initial stages of removing them and recarpeting.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I think they need to concentrate on updating their rooms rather than redoing their lobby! Our room was musty and the carpet was wet by the door. I didn't even feel like walking on the carpet. Would rather have slept in my vehicle. Not my idea of an expensive hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank MontanaBJ

Ocassionally our housekeepers are presented with cleaning challenges that require extra muscle power. We do our best to extract water from carpets after shampooing, however with the heightened pace of summer we are sometimes caught off guard. Sorry you had to experience wet carpet underfoot. Please give us a second chance and by all means contact me directly. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Check that your deposit is credited correctly on your bill!

The room was really dated and dirty. The AC unit sounded like it was about to fall apart. It was a pet room, so I was charged an extra $10 (actually $20 because I was overcharged) for the filth and deferred maintenance.

When I called to book, I was given an estimate of $153.64 + $12.29 taxes. The $153.64 was charged immediately as a deposit. However, on the final statement the deposit was listed as $143.64 ($10 less than what I was actually charged). The effect was I was overcharged by $10. Oh well, mistakes like these happen.

When I called to clear this up, the receptionist was very defensive and kept coming up with excuses like, "reservations just does that," "reservations only charged you $143.64," (not true based on my bank statement and their reservation confirmation) and finally "that's a pet fee." Fine, whatever, just post my deposit as the right amount... So I'm filing a dispute with Mastercard.

You have other options. Stay somewhere else. It's not worth the hassle and the dirty room.

Room Tip: Request that you not be put into any pet rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank odessa131

Sounds like there was some confusion regarding the room deposit and $10.00 pet fee. I'm sorry that was not spelled out more clearly. At the end of the day we dropped the ball and you suffered. I assure you that this is not how we typically do business. Great training tool. Thank you and please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Ratings and photos suggest big differences from one room to another. We had a second-floor room in the 200 building which cost about $200 per night. The room was dark with little light from the one window. The bathroom was tiny and badly in need of renovation and updating. There was a small but complete kitchen that we didn't need. The room had one queen-size bed which is pretty minimal by today's hotel standards.

Whether you think the location is convenient to downtown depends on your personal preferences. The reviewer who said "long but easy walk" had it right IMHO.
Street noise in the room wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: July 2013
Stuart L, General Manager at Jackson Hole Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do have a wide range of room types with bedding packages that range from single queens to kings. You stayed is a Deluxe Queen Suite and although you had no need for a kitchen many of our guests on extended stays find them very useful. On your next visit to Jackson please call me ahead of time and I will be happy to help you find accommodations, that fit your needs, either here or at a neighboring property.