“Very average place”

Cache Creek Motel
Cache Creek Motel
Ranked #40 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We only spent a short night in this place, driving down from a visit to Yellowstone park with early morning departure to Jackson Hole Airport.
We arrived around 9 PM and the lady at the desk was yawning and told me right away that they 'offered free WIFI but did not guarantee it'. In practice: under normal circumstances it does not work, but if you are very lucky, you might have a chance.
The room was very large, 3 queen beds in 2 separate rooms. Old rooms and equipment and although I cannot call it dirty, the room did not give me a fresh impression.
Almost 300$ a night for a place like this is too expensive, but I guess these is a normal rate for this location in high season. Jackson is a nice little village but if you have the choice, stay in Yellowstone West if you want to explore the NP, Jackson is a 1h drive to the south entrance (unless you want to go to Grand Teton, which is a 15-minute drive). 10 minute drive from the airport, which was very convenient for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank FrankVanGool

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Room was simple and minimal. We had a decent bed, clean bathroom, good kitchen area. We were only in our room briefly at night to shower and sleep. The room was comfortable and clean. I would recommend requesting a room on the top floor because we could hear all of the occupants above us throughout our stay.

Room Tip: This place is good for travelors only needing a place to stay between their outdoor adventures. Ou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShanPack
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Well this was the most inexpensive place that had 3 beds that we could find in the Jackson area. We were spending 3 nights and spending 2 days in Yellowstone. There were mixed reviews but we decided to give it a try since we wouldn't be spending much time there anyway.

At first glance the motel looks very nice and rustic. The lobby is clean and nice and the lady at the front desk was friendly. We were on the 2nd floor which didn't end up being a problem since it's not really a full 2 floor walk, more like 1/2 a flight of stairs. There's plenty of parking.

The room was surprisingly nice. Very open and spacious. There was a front room with a queen bed, nightstand, table and 2 chair and a big chest with a tv and drawers. There was a small kitchenette that actually is fully stocked. Full size fridge, tiny oven and stove top. Toaster, coffee maker and all the pots, pans, dishes and silverware that you would need to fix a meal. Had we realized it was fully stocked like that we would have brought more food to fix for breakfast and dinner.

The bathroom was okay, with a tub/shower, toilet and sink. Nothing too fancy, but clean and nice. The second bedroom had another chest with a tv, 2 queen beds, another table and 2 chairs, and a little balcony that looked out onto a parking lot, but had a nice view of the mountain. There was plenty of lamps and lighting which was nice.

Sadly, there were a few problems with the room. We didn't notice until the next morning when getting ready, but the sink had a slow drain and the bathtub did not plug. It felt like the stopper was working, but the water drained out. Since we were already unpacked we decided not to try to get another room, especially since we weren't in the room much. The bed, however, were very comfortable!

The last full day we were there was when we had our first issue. We went to the park and spent the whole day there. When we got back to the room it was very late, after 11. We came in and found that they had done a very shoddy job cleaning the room. Garbages were not emptied, the sinks (both bathroom and kitchen) had not been cleaned, nor had the bathtub. It had not been vacuumed. Not sure if the sheets were changed, but the beds were made and we had fresh towels.

The next day when I went to check out I told the lady at the front desk about the slow drain on the sink and the bathtub not plugging. She didn't seem very interested. Then I told her about our issue with the cleaning the day before. She said that she had passed our room and we had a do not disturb sign up. I said that we had switched it to maid at about 10 when we left. She said no we didn't. But 3 of us distinctly remember there not being a sign on the door when we had gotten back that night and that we put out the do not disturb when we got back at 11pm. She was very rude about it and insistent that we had left the do not disturb sign out.

So I asked why, if we had left the do not disturb out, they had made the beds and changed the sheets. She said they must have seen someone come out of the room that told them to go ahead and go in and do it. But we were all together and left about 10 am. So we no that no one said anything to the cleaning people. If we actually had left the do not disturb out, it bothers me to think that they would have just come in anyway, despite the sign, and do part of the cleaning, but not all. But we know the sign wasn't up when we left.

I could have forgiven the one day of partial cleaning, the tub and the sink if the woman at the front desk had not been so incredibly rude to me about it when I told her. I didn't expect anything, but a simple apology for the room being partially cleaned would have gone a long way and I would have been happy with my stay. But her attitude, combined with the issues, really soured us on our stay.

I'm not saying I would never go back, in fact, before the issues at check out we were very pleased, but being blamed for an issue like that was not a good way for it to be handled. Good customer service is so important, but becoming harder and harder to find.

Room Tip: Go with the upper floor, the bottom level is a partial basement. It is not a full flight of stairs t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank jedigirl77
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was an average hotel to stay in. We weren't there much because we came to see the Tetons and Yellowstone. The room had a fridge, microwave and stove so that was nice. I think there may have been something wrong with the air conditioner as I woke up with a migraine three days in a row. That was the only thing I could figure. Or the sheets had too much fabric softener. The other hotels in Jackson were so expensive and that is the main reason we picked this one. It was less money.

Room Tip: Try the top floor as you could hear the people above you pretty well.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joni M
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We found an opening at this hotel at the last minute. It was just ok...nothing to write home about, for sure. Outdated...cleanliness was pretty good. Front desk staff was incredibly rude. Ok location. No perks here whatsoever. Would not stay here again unless I had to.

Room Tip: Not horrible, but not great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Got into town and put up with the "main drag" hotels and motels trying to screw me with there $235 to $350 dollar rooms. Because it was late........ no rooms yadda yadda.

Caught the Cache Creek Motel out of the corner of my eye while looking for other hotels off the main drag. Stopped in, plenty of rooms!!! Bikes OK? "sure I will put you on the first floor so you can unload easy.

Place is nice, clean, management is focused on its clients. No gouging the crap out of late arrivals without reservations... Just nice honest people. A welcome relief from the hucksters running rip off hotel rates on the main drag!

And still within walking distance of the square and all the shops.

Room Tip: I do recommend reservations when staying in Jackson Hole, but if you are passing through and decide...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bbally
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

The room was big with a mini kitchenette. It's an old hotel. Don't expect much even for the price. Just needed a place to sleep for one night. Probably wouldn't use for multiple nights. Friendly and quick check-in and out.

• Stayed: July 2013