“Don't stay here in Jackson” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cache Creek Motel
Cache Creek Motel
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Henderson, Nevada
“Don't stay here in Jackson”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were put in a "suite" which was someone's idea of elegance which looked like a brothel from a bad movie.
We stayed two nights and we had used the coffee pot and cups in the morning. When the room was cleaned(bed made) the cups, and coffee were still dirty. We reported it and were told they don't clean the "Suite" area after an overnite of more than one day.
There wasn't a lot of street noise but some of the guests were roudy.
The desk clerk was very disiterested and said "she only works there."

Room Tip: Find another place.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lee R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My extended family reserved 4 rooms for 2 nights so we had lots of exposure to what this motel is truly like... and none of us would ever return to this hotel. Two of the rooms were filthy and had not been cleaned - towels were hanging on the back of the bathroom door, feces & urine on the toilet, dirty carpets, etc. While the hotel management did come clean the dirty rooms (the next day), they would not adjust their $225/night rate for a filthy room. All 4 of our rooms were supposed to be suites, but one was just an efficiency and the hotel management would not adjust our room charge for that either! The "non-smoking" rooms smelled of smoke and a strong room deodorizer combined.

The floors creaked so badly, that one night I woke up thinking that someone was inside our room. There is a sliding glass door to the balcony (that was open when we first arrived at the hotel!) that was difficult to lock and there was no bar to block the door from sliding. I believed that someone had entered the room and was walking around! I was scared out of my wits at 1:30 AM! I eventually figured out that I was hearing our next-door neighbors because I saw them go out their front door and lock their vehicle.

The lighting is horrible in the bathrooms, consisting of just a single overhead light in the center of the room so that it's difficult to put on make-up. The light & fan stopped working in our bathroom so that I had to shower by the light of a flashlight (the office closes at 10:00 PM and doesn't open until 8:00 AM). The decor is extremely odd for this town, too... sort of renaissance meets cheap 1960's hotel decor.

Also, there is no elevator at this hotel so if you are on crutches, you are out of luck as we had to navigate stairs even for the first floor. The only reason I didn't give this hotel a single star is because I saw no bugs while I was there, and frankly, bugs may not be an issue in this area of the country like they are further south.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel... and read the reviews on Trip Advisor before making reservations! The poor m...
4 Thank CarolinaBands

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Carrollton, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

A bathroom had not been cleaned from the former guests -- urine and feces on the toilet, used towels hanging everywhere. Another bathroom only had one light fixture on the ceiling. In another bathroom, a fuse blew and my daughter had to finish showering in the dark. The floors creaked loudly when you walked on them.

We paid $225 per night for these rooms -- talk about being taken to the cleaners!

There are far better places to stay in Jackson Hole at this price.

Room Tip: Always check with TripAdvisor. I wish I had.
3 Thank Whalewatcher2011
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Where do I start on this one? From the rude and dismissive front desk people to soap so small it was hard to see. I was told to park out back with the trailer and found a handful of nails and screws on the ground where I parked. When told of this the Desk person said well that's not our property. Room cleanings were not complete and we had to ask for supplies. No vacuming was done. the bathroom lighting was so dark I had to go outside to shave.This place has a fifties feel to it without any of the nostalgia or goof feelings . The fan from the bathroom below vibrated the floor and was noisy. The beds were OK. I would never wish to stay at this location again.Next time I'll pay the extra money to get a better experience somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you have no choice but to stay there then choose an upstairs room.(no elevator)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Gordon L
Affligem, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We only spent a short night in this place, driving down from a visit to Yellowstone park with early morning departure to Jackson Hole Airport.
We arrived around 9 PM and the lady at the desk was yawning and told me right away that they 'offered free WIFI but did not guarantee it'. In practice: under normal circumstances it does not work, but if you are very lucky, you might have a chance.
The room was very large, 3 queen beds in 2 separate rooms. Old rooms and equipment and although I cannot call it dirty, the room did not give me a fresh impression.
Almost 300$ a night for a place like this is too expensive, but I guess these is a normal rate for this location in high season. Jackson is a nice little village but if you have the choice, stay in Yellowstone West if you want to explore the NP, Jackson is a 1h drive to the south entrance (unless you want to go to Grand Teton, which is a 15-minute drive). 10 minute drive from the airport, which was very convenient for us.

3 Thank FrankVanGool
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Room was simple and minimal. We had a decent bed, clean bathroom, good kitchen area. We were only in our room briefly at night to shower and sleep. The room was comfortable and clean. I would recommend requesting a room on the top floor because we could hear all of the occupants above us throughout our stay.

Room Tip: This place is good for travelors only needing a place to stay between their outdoor adventures. Ou...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShanPack
Midvale, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Well this was the most inexpensive place that had 3 beds that we could find in the Jackson area. We were spending 3 nights and spending 2 days in Yellowstone. There were mixed reviews but we decided to give it a try since we wouldn't be spending much time there anyway.

At first glance the motel looks very nice and rustic. The lobby is clean and nice and the lady at the front desk was friendly. We were on the 2nd floor which didn't end up being a problem since it's not really a full 2 floor walk, more like 1/2 a flight of stairs. There's plenty of parking.

The room was surprisingly nice. Very open and spacious. There was a front room with a queen bed, nightstand, table and 2 chair and a big chest with a tv and drawers. There was a small kitchenette that actually is fully stocked. Full size fridge, tiny oven and stove top. Toaster, coffee maker and all the pots, pans, dishes and silverware that you would need to fix a meal. Had we realized it was fully stocked like that we would have brought more food to fix for breakfast and dinner.

The bathroom was okay, with a tub/shower, toilet and sink. Nothing too fancy, but clean and nice. The second bedroom had another chest with a tv, 2 queen beds, another table and 2 chairs, and a little balcony that looked out onto a parking lot, but had a nice view of the mountain. There was plenty of lamps and lighting which was nice.

Sadly, there were a few problems with the room. We didn't notice until the next morning when getting ready, but the sink had a slow drain and the bathtub did not plug. It felt like the stopper was working, but the water drained out. Since we were already unpacked we decided not to try to get another room, especially since we weren't in the room much. The bed, however, were very comfortable!

The last full day we were there was when we had our first issue. We went to the park and spent the whole day there. When we got back to the room it was very late, after 11. We came in and found that they had done a very shoddy job cleaning the room. Garbages were not emptied, the sinks (both bathroom and kitchen) had not been cleaned, nor had the bathtub. It had not been vacuumed. Not sure if the sheets were changed, but the beds were made and we had fresh towels.

The next day when I went to check out I told the lady at the front desk about the slow drain on the sink and the bathtub not plugging. She didn't seem very interested. Then I told her about our issue with the cleaning the day before. She said that she had passed our room and we had a do not disturb sign up. I said that we had switched it to maid at about 10 when we left. She said no we didn't. But 3 of us distinctly remember there not being a sign on the door when we had gotten back that night and that we put out the do not disturb when we got back at 11pm. She was very rude about it and insistent that we had left the do not disturb sign out.

So I asked why, if we had left the do not disturb out, they had made the beds and changed the sheets. She said they must have seen someone come out of the room that told them to go ahead and go in and do it. But we were all together and left about 10 am. So we no that no one said anything to the cleaning people. If we actually had left the do not disturb out, it bothers me to think that they would have just come in anyway, despite the sign, and do part of the cleaning, but not all. But we know the sign wasn't up when we left.

I could have forgiven the one day of partial cleaning, the tub and the sink if the woman at the front desk had not been so incredibly rude to me about it when I told her. I didn't expect anything, but a simple apology for the room being partially cleaned would have gone a long way and I would have been happy with my stay. But her attitude, combined with the issues, really soured us on our stay.

I'm not saying I would never go back, in fact, before the issues at check out we were very pleased, but being blamed for an issue like that was not a good way for it to be handled. Good customer service is so important, but becoming harder and harder to find.

Room Tip: Go with the upper floor, the bottom level is a partial basement. It is not a full flight of stairs t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family