“Uncaring staff”

Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Wisconsin
“Uncaring staff”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We'd made our reservation well in advance with a request for a ground floor room. Well, that didn't happen. My Grandma is 96 years old and was FORCED to climb those concrete steps each time we came and left. They told us they had noplace open (1ish on a weekday). Not my problem since we had a request. I guess that's why they call it a request. The woman at the front desk was so rude to the point of being combative. We stayed one night and left. We will never be back. As far as other things, it's really hard to see any good even though there was some, when you feel as angry as we were after being treated like that. We were on vacation! We were having a great time and in great moods loving meeting all the local people so this was in no way a two sided nastiness fest. Just a very rude desk clerk. We came here on a recommendation. We have since told them we won't be back and they said they wouldn't either due to another problem. Perhaps the problem is that they take bus tours in and the common single family traveler isn't a concern to them. At any rate, I will never forgive them for makeing Grandma climb those steps. It was clear it was difficult to her and several guests commented on why was she doing that. Believe me, we told them :). The hotel was clean, comfortable and ok for one night. A bit dark inside due to trying to get that western theme across. We may have enjoyed it had we not been so upset. It's taken me a very long time to come up with a civil way to write this review.

Room Tip: Take a front facing room. Do NOT let them put you across the street OR in the back. Both places don...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ripleyroo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was a last minute reservation. My brother booked it the day before we left and he was all about the price of the place-it was super reasonable. I wasn't sure what it was going to be. It was super clean. Jackson is a touristy town but it was very cute and we were very close to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. The people at the motel were very helpful in there suggestions to places to eat and everything was very walkable. The decor was woodsy and slated shower. I would go back there and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nene297
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed in one of the pine rooms. I had all I needed. It was a last minute accommodation. Staff was super helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean, bed comfy. I would choose the same room if I come back through Jackson again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank elainee e
Ouray, Colorado
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This March was the fifth time I've stayed at the Antler Inn while skiing Jackson mountain, so obviously I like the establishment. The staff is friendly and accomodating. The motel is located two blocks from the town square so you can park your car and walk to many stores and restaurants. Refrigerator, microwave, a clean room - what more can one ask for? Well, one of the employees folded up some towels and left a beautiful swan in my room! Apparently he was on a cruise ship and did that regularly for the guests. Took pictures of that, and didn't touch those towels! Maybe the next guest saw that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank farley g
townsquareinns, Manager at Antler Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your stay with us and other travelers coming to Jackson. Our staff want to thank you for your kind comments and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay while skiing the terrain of Jackson Hole! Please come back and see us again sometime soon.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 3 April 2014

First Time to Jackson Wyoming but the staff at the Antler Inn are so helpful and friendly we will definitely be back, love the location in the middle of town a close walk to restaurants and bars. A short drive to Jackson Hole ski resort or the Antler Inn has a FREE ski shuttle. There is a lot more night life in the town of Jackson than at the ski resort, so if you are looking for something to do after Apre’s ski definitely stay in town, the village at Jackson Hole Ski Resort is a ghost town after 8:00 pm.

Room Tip: Nothing too special about the rooms they are clean and inexpensive
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Eric E
townsquareinns, Manager at Antler Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Our staff want to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us and other travelers. We hope you had a blast during your ski trip to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Everyone also hopes that you took the time to enjoy some of the towns best restaurants, shopping, galleries, and nightlife. Please come back and see us again soon! Take care and travel safely back home.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was blown away by the quality of service that this hotel provides. Every single employee went out of their way to make sure that my trip was the best it could be. You feel like one of many guests at most hotels, but at this hotel I felt as if I was the most important guest and I was their number one priority. The hotel is also in a great location in Jackson hole with activities all around it. This is a great hotel for all groups of people and I definitely recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ronald P
townsquareinns, Manager at Antler Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
It truly was a pleasure accommodating you while visiting the beautiful town of Jackson. We are glad that our property was the perfect fit for you and you enjoyed the convenience of being right in the middle of the historic town walking distance to everything. Thank you for your compliments regarding the staff and service you received during your stay. Please come back and see us again soon!
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had stayed here previously during July and had a good overall experience which is why we decided to stay here again on a trip in the winter, but with different results. This time, our room was located only 30 feet from a main road as was kept awake a good portion of the night hearing vehicles accelerate at the intersection. The overall location of the hotel is great as it is 1 block from the town square which is convenient for shopping and dining. The room itself was excellent as it had a refrigerator, the heater was quiet and the beds were comfortable. As they say though, you get what you pay for.

The staff was also not very friendly during both the check in and check out process. At check in, I felt like I was an inconvenience as the clerk was very short in the conversation. At check out, the clerk couldn't even get out of her chair in front of the computer to take my room key. She looked at me for 2 seconds and only asked for the room number and said I was set. She didn't ask how may stay was and didn't ask if I wanted a receipt. Based on the overall experience with the staff and knowing they could of probably put us in a room that didn't face the street (the hotel appeared to be over half empty), I do not think we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the street!!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Scott876
townsquareinns, Manager at Antler Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review us and leaving your comments. I first want to apologize for the inconvenience you endured during your entire experience with us at our property. I assure you this service is out of the ordinary for we strive to ensure everyone has a memorable stay with us at the Antler Inn. Apparently we did not provide the quality of service that we are known for and this issue has been addressed. I hope that we have the opportunity to accommodate you again the next time your in town. Take care.