“New renovations, Nice Room, Locations but A/C was nuisance”
Review of Snow King Resort

Snow King Resort
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
South Jordan
“New renovations, Nice Room, Locations but A/C was nuisance”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed here because of price and location to Jackson Town Square. The hotel has gone under renovations. Our room was very nice, clean, bed was comfortable. Bathroom very nice.
Only problem was Air Conditioning is a window unit and was constantly coming on & noisy as all get out. Did not cool the room very well. I had to get ear plugs for the 2nd night.
Bathroom door would not shut correctly- had to slam it. And Room door also. Just minor fixes - that a construction crew need to fix from renovations. No coffee makers in room so that bummed out my husband.
We enjoyed the pool after a long motorcycle ride. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet & nice mtn air.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Snow King Resor... M, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Snow King Hotel. At Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. Thank you for the informing us of the maintenance items, we will make the appropriate corrections immediately.

Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My wife and I spent 3 night July 2, 3, 4. Although the hotel claims newly refurbished rooms, not all are that way. In room amenities do not include coffee maker, fridge or microwave. Coffee service is in the lobby, but only for a limited time in the morning. Ice is not available on every floor; and some were broken. Half the rooms face the ski slopes :-). The other half, not so much a view. The hotel claims a 5 block walk to Jackson town square; but it is a very looooong five blocks. On the plus side, pets are welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a ski slope view away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review! We will be adding refrigerators to our guestrooms in the near future. All of our guestrooms in the hotel have been renovated so I am uncertain as to your mention otherwise. If you would like to provide some additional detail, please contact me at craig.waterman@snowking.com . As you noted we are pet friendly and are in a great location for this feature as there are plenty of places for our guest pets to enjoy here at the mountain.

schoonmeister
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Overall the room and location was fine. They are in the middle of remodeling right now and the place looks unfinished in the common areas. But once the work is done it should be nice. The rooms was OK--a little small. I noticed that there were other rooms of the same room type that appeared larger that the one we had. So it may be worthwhile asking about that when checking in. Front desk staff was nice. I give 4 stars because for what we paid, it should have been a little nicer. But it was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Snow King Resor... M, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Many thanks for your evaluation of Snow King Resort! We are pleased to learn that our team at the front desk was able to meet each request and exceed your expectations. We are now complete with the renovation process other then a few little items to button up and the arival of some additional furntiure pieces for our public areas. We will be eagerly anticipating your next visit to Jackson Hole.

Warm Regards,

Snow King Hotel & Grandview lodge
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Snow King and was beyond disappointed. We reserved a 2 bedroom condo. When arriving a the condo I was horrified at the condition. The carpet in the entryway was almost black from mildew. The furniture was completely dated and the linens were gross. There was even hair left in the bath tub. I tried to get moved to either another condo or a hotel room, but was told the were fully booked. At night I slept on the bed without using the blankets because they were that gross.
I also found that the front desk staff was rude and not helpful. When calling for a shuttle to town I was told they were busy. I let her know that I was 7months pregnant and needed to be in town for a rehearsal dinner. She then suggested I walk!!
The experience at the Snow King completely ruined my whole time in Jackson.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the review on your recent stay. I must say what you have described is very disappointing. This is not in any way what we expect from our property. I would have liked the opportunity to speak with you during your stay to make every effort possible to change your current feelings about Snow King Condos. We take all guest comments with the utmost concern and will always make every attempt to improve our property and level of service. If given the opportunity I would like to discuss the experience further. You may reach me directly at craig.waterman@snowking.com

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked a room at Snow King since it accepted pets and the reservation desk matched an online price. The young man at the service desk greeted me and my pet, Jacques, by name which made a good first impression with me. I have stayed at the Snow King a few times over the last 15 years and she was showing her age. However, this grand lady has had a make over. We were on the ground floor convenient to the west entrance for us with Jacques in tow and very quiet. I turned off the air conditioner during the night to have less motor sound, it was cool enough that we didn't miss having it on. New carpets, doors, bathroom, decor it all looked very good indeed

Room Tip: They welcome pets.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Snow King Hotel. At Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. I am so glad to hear that we were able to do so for your recent stay.
We love pets too, thank you for sharing Jacques with our team here!

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2013

While planning a trip out west we were informed of a deal through Living Social for lodging at the Snow King Resort. Initially we were hesitant because they were in the midst of renovations but decided to take advantage of the deal and were so pleased that we had.
The property was in the throes of renovations and was somewhat overwhelming because changes took place daily. Yet both management and staff displayed respect and appreciation to one another and were courteous and sincerely hospitable to us. Our room was clean and well decorated and the concierge was more than helpful. (Trio was delicious-thanks for the suggestion)
My late husband was a hotel GM for Hilton until his death so I have been exposed to building/opening/renovating hotels and I must say KUDOS to the management and staff.
I plan on returning to Jackson Hole with my family and will definitely stay at SKR - even without a deal.
Thanks,
Pamela T.
Virginia

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Pamela,

Thank you for your recent review! At Snow King Resort & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. I am so glad to hear that we were able to do so for your recent stay even though we were finishing up our renovation. As you know this process can be challenging and the team here has worked diligently at minimizing the impact of the renovation to our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
I hope to meet you on your next visit to Snow King and Jackson Hole.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We stopped by the resort after booking a room on Expedia. We had reserved a king bed but were given two queens. My husband went to the front desk to resolve the problem and the workers did not change our room, nor did they try and do anything to make up for the mistake. We arrived a little late so we ate at the resort Resturant, Hayden's Post. The food was pretty good, but pricy and a little too fancy for when you've been traveling for quite a while and just want a good meal before bed. Downtown is too far to walk to from the hotel, but I believe a shuttle is available. The walls are thin (can hear everybody outside) and we had housekeeping knock super early to ask us to put our "service please" door hanger on before we left.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the recent review on your stay. My apologies that we were not able to meet your request for a king bed. We will certainly make every effort to meet your request in the future. Please contact the property directly and we will make certain to make the proper arrangements. We will be adding refrigerators to our guestrooms in the fall. As you noted we do have a shuttle as well as the town bus to get downtown if you prefer not to walk. We hope to welcome you back in the future.