“Conference attendee”
Review of Snow King Resort

Snow King Resort
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Loved our stay for the Contemporary Forum conference. Especially amazing were the lunch and dinners in the dining room! Fabulous food and waiter/waitresses. Highly recommend. We did not even think of going anyplace else to eat.
Special recognition to the young man who stored the baggage and was at the front desk, because I misunderstood the time for the airport shuttle van and, by the time I figured it out, it was late and I was getting very anxious as I waited outside the hotel for the van. When I told the front desk, this young man immediately volunteered to drive me to the airport and we left immediately. I was so relieved and so appreciative of his helpfulness. It is about 15 to 20 minutes to the airport (9 miles north of Jackson Hole) and I arrived in plenty of time for my flight. Thanks for the wonderful assistance and to all the staff who were so friendly and who made our stay great!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dianne T
There are newer reviews for Snow King Resort

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Double check your reservation before you arrive and specifically ask if they are over-booked. When we arrived at midnight we could not get a room at the resort. They gave a condo for the night that was really bad then I was told I would not get a room until the next day by 4:30pm. While my wife attended the conference I was left to hang out in the lobby for hours. I finally got at room the next day by 10:30am but I felt that I needed to fight for that privilege for staying at their resort. Is that anyway to treat a guest? We had pre-paid for our rooms but was given 2 nights for free for all the hassle. Also, it was quite surprising that you could not order breakfast by a menu (unlike lunch or dinner). So you were stuck having to pay $14 per person for the buffet. And on a less important note, they did not replace the towels in your room unless youi asked. I personally will never stay in that resort again. I think all these issues are due to bad management and the primary desire to make money and secondary desire to provide an excellent experience for the guests. They could not even print my final bill and had to email it to me!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We originally booked a condo only to check in and find there was no AC. Our son has asthma and we needed the controlled climate. The manger found 2 rooms for us in the hotel. He kept the price the same. The rooms did not connect but were across the hall and all accessed by the same key which was very handy. Would have given it 5 stars but they are doing work in the hotel and it was difficult to deal with. Concierge was very helpful in booking our horseback riding. Manager sent us to their alpine slide and putt putt which were both huge hits. Check in staff was also very nice. Nice sized room with comfy beds. Nice bath with nice towels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This is my second trip to Jackson Hole so will write this with some general advice. There are 3 types of lodging options: luxury resorts at $400+, mostly + a night (mostly in the Teton Village area), downtown motels that are crowded together and frequented by groups on buses at $150-$300 and then Snow King at $200-$275 that is on the edge of town with some breathing room and nice scenery at the base of the ski resort. Before I go any further, I will also say, that you don't go to Jackson Hole to be inside a hotel-- other than sleeping, I didn't spend more than an hour in the room each day. Assuming that the rates stay about the same after the renovations are completed, I would stay in Snow King again for the location and the quality of the service.
The hotel definitely has a ski lodge feel to it and the nicely updated decor gives it a fresh feel. It is incomprehensible to me that they did a whole renovation and didn't put in more electrical outlets. A previous reviewer showed outlet extenders and indeed that what they did and there's no outlet by the desk-- odd for 2013 given the number of devices that people travel with. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure in the showed adequate, and the Wi-Fi fine. We had trouble with our screen door onto the balcony and maintenance came and fixed it immediately and the guy was friendly.
The pool area was nice and there were other activities on the grounds including the alpine slide and rides up the mountain on the chair lift. The neighborhood is residential and quiet and there was a park down the street with activities and a restaurant on site and another an easy walk (Lift).
By my thinking, unless you want to be at Teton Village, this is the ideal lodging. It's close to the downtown (have to be a big walker or willing to drive) but also enough out of the hub bub (which there is a lot of downtown given the number of bus tours) to have a quiet peaceful trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, some of the rooms on the back side have Teton views
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhillyVoyager
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed at the hotel for business during construction. Door was paper thin. I was woken up every morning at 6:20 by construction workers and ice machine. The hotel tried to make it better with a reduced rate but I wouldn't stay there when they offered a free night.

The room was nice but it ends there. I was told how much they care but they can't return my call. I wrote them and they didn't return my email. I finally complained to the BBB about the conditions and I did get one phone call. I returned the call and it's been a week and still no call back.

I gave them plenty of opportunities to save a scathing review but they did nothing to make it right.

The hotel had NO vending. The staff misinformed me that there was breakfast up the hill on their other property. Since I was up at 6:20, I decided to go up the hill - nobody was there. I ended up to going to McDonalds and found out later that there was breakfast being served.

The office manager did offer to comp me two nights but the experience was so bad, I left early to go to a place where I could get some sleep. Free was too expensive.

I booked four nights, they made me pay for two of them three months ahead of the stay. They took the other two nights a week before the stay. The hotel told me that this is typical of hotels. I travel a lot; I have NEVER had a hotel do this. Not one.

The value for the money was awful. Avoid this property at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank SeasonedTravelGuy
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Our family of five arrived on July 4th and were given a Condo that looked nothing like what the resort website showed. The condo was older, our view was of power lines, the carpet was literally BLACK, there was no air conditioning and no screens on the windows, so we couldn't even open a window. We called and complained, and to their credit, they gave us another condo and it was beautiful! However, when we were given the key to check out our new room, the family hadn't checked out yet. After opening the door and noticing the condo was still occupied, we explained our situation. They also had the exact same experience.
The restaurant food was good, but the service was awful.
The resort has the potential to be phenomenal with proper management.
Clarify and confirm your reservations prior to your arrival to make sure you are not given the older condos that are in disrepair. Once we moved to a new condo, we were very pleased with the quality.

Room Tip: Buyer Beware! Make sure you don't get stuck in older condos.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Monica L
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Let me start out by saying this is a very beautiful hotel and if you are coming during the skiing season you can probably ski right in the front door. It has been renovated with new paint, carpet and fixtures. However.....our king room had several problems that should have been addressed "before" it was rented out. The bathroom door did not shut entirely, there was a metal strip on the sliding door that stuck up when you opened the door, which was a trip hazard. There was a light bulb out in the bathroom, the electrical outlets are few so the management has plug in electrical boxes that make the outlet "6" instead of 2, and on top of that there are extension cords! The room air conditioner will not run with the fan on. Although the fan says, " on, auto, off, you cannot have the white noise when you run the a/c or heat. If you run the A/C it will run for about 5 minutes then turn off. It recycles after 5 seconds seconds.

We reported these problems to the front desk and the young lady said she would send maintenance to the room. So, soon after, "Maintenance" comes and all I hear is excuses about the A/C and the door and the sliding door problem. He said he would tell the manager and see what could be done. I said yes, good idea because on Trip Advisor "Craig" said that problems should be reported to him. After all was said and done we were moved to another room next door. Although the A/C runs longer you still cannot have the fan on with the A/C. This is a Remington unit and I think it can be adjusted to work right. Needless to say, we are not resting at night and are exhausted! You can't sleep with the door open because there are mosquitos and there is no screen. I think we should have been offered some lagniappe for all this trouble. At $239.00 a night you would expect better. Please be aware that this hotel is noisy too. In the morning it sounds like a small war with all the door noise down the whole hall. You can hear the people in the next room trying to close their bathroom doors. If you have the fan off you can hear the garbage truck at 6 AM. I would recommend Olga's for a facial and massage.

Before I'm done and sorry this is so long, I would like to say, the bed was great, the room was pretty and the food is wonderful. The staff in the restaurant is on top of everything. I think these other problems should be addressed immediately because of fire hazard and comfort. I do think the hotel knows they can rent the rooms however they are and caveat emptor.
OH and bring your own coffee pot!! The room has no coffee and the coffee is served in the lobby for a very short time so you have to hurry and slam your door to get to it.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dinestein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Snow King Resort? Share your experiences!