“Great Deal”

Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Merced, California
“Great Deal”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We decided at the last minute to stop by the Grand Tetons on the way home and booked a room through a 3rd party site and ended up staying 2 nights. Each night was booked separately so we ended up in two different rooms.

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was on the 7th floor which was the top. The room was lovely it had a vaulted ceiling, and was decorated tastefully rustic with a balcony overlooking the ski resort (which was closed for the season). The bed was very comfortable. Only complaint is that the room was across from the elevator and it was a bit noisy. If you are staying here I would definitely ask for one of these rooms.

The second night we were on the 4th floor in the north tower. The room was nice but not nearly as nice as the first one, similar décor but no vaulted ceiling. It too was a bit noisy. My only complaint was that there were no extra electrical outlets and we had to keeping unplugging things to charge our devices.

The resort itself had a nice pool (needs cleaning) and one of the nicest hot tubs I have ever been in. There is a restaurant but we did not eat there. Location is great about ½ mile stroll down to town.

Biggest pet peeve: The elevators are very small and maneuvering the luggage cart into them is a chore.

Room Tip: Reserve one of the 7th floor rooms with the vaulted ceilings which are much nicer
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Have stayed at Snow King Resort for both winter and summer vacations for several years. I have enjoyed my stay before the renovations, but am very pleased at the physical overhaul made by the new mgm't...bigger hot tub, new hotel room furnishings, new carpets, great layout with Haydens Post (whose menu is good thanks to their world class chef).

This isn't a problem in the summer, but during winter ski season we don't like having our room on the hot tub side of the hotel. Hot tub is supposed to be closed by 10PM, but this isn't enforced and other patrons make a lot of drunken noise, which just doesn't work with a family who goes to bed early to get up early and hit the ski slopes at first chair.

NOTE TO NEW SNOW KING OWNERS: It is the Snow King staff that has made this resort a great place to stay. They live here, give great recommendations, and care about their customers. I have seen the new mgmt (which isn't from WY) make changes that have a negative impact on the long-time staff and wish you remember Snow King is special because of its people. Please don't try to be like an uppity Four Seasons. Keeping improving the physical structure -- that's working; but, don't try to take the local flavor out of the King! Yes, part of SK's local charm back in the day was hanging out at the Shady Lady, but your new bar is okay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yogi_gert
geoff_young, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you taking the time to give us such a great review. It is great to hear that you enjoy the resort in both summer and winter.Please come and see us again in the near future!
Casper, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

What an amazing job the Snow King staff did for us. They rolled out the red carpet for our event. The Grand View is beautiful and the perfect location for meetings, vendors, breaks, etc. The bar and restaurant has a fun atmosphere and the food is great! The sleeping rooms have been remodeled and are clean and the beds are comfortable. Our banquet dinner was the best meal we have ever been served and highly recommend the Snow King for a large function. Thank you to Brandon Petrunich and the entire sales staff, front desk staff Jenny, Jeff and the rest and banquet servers Justin, Bonnie, Dorothy Megan, Russ, Deb and Allie. They worked so hard the entire four days we were there and greatly appreciate everything they did for us to make our convention a huge success. Looking forward to returning in 2017

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to mention so many staff members. We will see you in 2017!
Washington, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great and attentive service by the staff (Joey and Melissa helped me the most I think). They were by far some of the nicest hotel staff I have had the pleasure of staying with in the last 5 years. The shuttle to and from the airport and the mountain were good. You have to sign up early for the shuttle (which was full 1 out of three days I skied) or take the $3 bus to the hill. The rooms are nicely redone and very comfortable. The hotel restaurant, gym, and pool area are all great. Based on how close you can stay to town and have access to all the nightlife and restaurants is a good deal. The tile has been redone except in the shower enclosures which is just odd and I don't know why they didn't at least re-grout them if they weren't going to change out the tiles.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Whitney H
It is great to hear that Joey and Melissa were so attentive. As you know, we added the shuttle to the Village this winter and it was extremly successful. Please come see us again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just had a really great weekend at Snow King Resort. I grew up going to Jackson as a kid and my family never considered Snow King a place for us to stay- it wasn't particularly nice, we had heard, and we didn't find any draw to it. Knowing it was recently renovated, however, we decided to give it a try. I'm glad we did! So many things about this hotel are great- our room was newly renovated and was *spotless*, the lobby was cavernous and gorgeous, and the restaurant (Hayeden's Post) was the perfect spot for us to grab breakfast each morning. Also, the staff really blew us out of the water- from the front desk to the people who worked in the restaurant, I was just in love with our entire experience. At one point, I found out I had a meeting I needed to take - with a laptop - in the middle of the day while skiing at Teton Village. I asked the woman at the front desk if she had any thoughts on where I could steal an hour from the mountain to take a call without going far out of my way. Her tip couldn't have been better! Really quality, thoughtful service.

The hot tub was great, too- we spent two (of three) evenings enjoying the hot tub after skiing and before dinner. It was fun to sit under the mountain with a beer in hand, watching the snow fall and chatting with other hotel guests.

We loved the location- very close to everything in Jackson and easily accessible to Teton Village (20 minutes). There was a free shuttle to take us to Teton Village, but we chose to drive each day to give ourselves more flexibility. On the last day of our trip, we acknowledged to ourselves that our car was actually pretty unnecessary and that we could have completely relied on the shuttle from the hotel. It would have been cheaper, easier, and probably faster, considering we were taking a little shuttle to a parking lot from the resort to pick up our car each afternoon, anyhow.

Overall, loved this beautiful hotel, the great staff, the convenient location, free wifi, food, etc. Definitely a great place to stay.

P.S. I want the bed in my own home!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SkiScubaNYC
It sure sounds like you had a great time here at SNOW KING! I do have to agree with you regarding our location, Teton Village is a short drive and downtown Jackson is only a couple of minutes! Please come see us again in the near future.
New york City, New York, USA
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here in late Feb. with a ski group hag organized our stay. I opted for a single room, which turned out to be very nice. Decor of hotel is lots of stone a wood, but very attractively done. My room was clean, bathroom was relaxing, and no problems with water temp, pressure etc. In the entry way of the room, it's like a little mud room- the floor is tile, there is a closet rod, and cubbies to store all your ski gear at the end of each day. Otherwise the floor is covered in carpet. Amenities include outdoor heated hot tub and pool, and here's also a small fitness center. I believe they also have spa services but I didn't try any of those. Breakfast at the restaurant within the lodge is full table/wait service, and although it opens at 7am each day, it's still quick enough to eat and catch the 7:51 shuttle to Jackson Hole. (The shuttle bus to the mountain is $3 per ride, and takes exact cash, or you can go into town to buy tickets.). They also serve lunch and dinner, and there's a bar area which was often busy each night. Overall, I was very pleased with the cleanliness/conditions of the room and hotel, and the service of the hotel staff. One more note on the location- it's closer to the town of Jackson, than to the ski resort, which is nice in the evening when you want to go into town to any of the restaurants or bars. The Town Shuttle is free and picks up at the hotel every half hour. Otherwise the shuttle to the ski resort takes about 1/2 hr in AM, since the hotel is the first pickup; but on the return from the mountain, it can take about 40 minutes because it drops everyone else off first and Snow King is the last stop.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Myanmar
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The resort is like any other mountain resort build in combination of Stone and many wood . The room I stayed has one bed room with extra living room with chimney which you can convert into an another bed room . You also have a small balcony from your bedroom to have a sip of coffee in the morning overlooking to the mountains . But there is no tea/coffee facilities inside the room.
Bed is comfortable and bathroom is spacious . Only critical points is the not enough insulation from one room to the another . I had a neighbor who travel with 2 kids and I heard screaming all the times from bathroom . Bedroom is soundproof enough not to hear the noise . The breakfast is ok but could be improved. Surrounding is very nice and not too far from the center . I waled to the center and it's about 20 min or you can grab a bus at bus stop near the hotel . You have cable car and horse riding near your hotel .

Room Tip: Avoid the room facing the hotel parking and ask for the room with the view to the mountain .
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa

Been to Snow King Resort? Share your experiences!