“Nice resort, but way overpriced”
Review of Snow King Resort

Snow King Resort
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Nice resort, but way overpriced”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My family and I stayed at this resort and I thought it was really nice, but for over $400 for one basic room with 2 beds and a really small bathroom, I feel that it was way overpriced and a little outdated. I've stayed at MANY resorts in my travels (I used to work for a travel wholesaler) and I understand that Jackson Hole is an extremely expensive touristy place, but it's way overrated. The surrounding area is beautiful and the pool area is legit, but I was honestly expecting more out of the room we had. 'Disappointed' is the best word I can come up with when it comes to the hotel room here. We actually stayed at an Embassy Suites in Colorado Springs (same trip) for $150/night and it was WAY nicer than this place, plus it included a fabulous breakfast each morning. I'm sorry, but I'm just being honest. The service was very good, but I was expecting a LOT more for the price.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

geoff_young, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I am sorry that you felt we were overpriced. We make every effort to keep our pricing in line with our competition here in Jackson Hole. I am glad that you found the service to be very good. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Laguna niguel
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The property is perfect! The rooms are great, service is great and food is great. The view of the Tetons and the sunset are magnificent. Really enjoyed the hiking right from the hotel And breakfast in town. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014
Well it sure sounds like you had a great time at the Resort! I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future!
Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a beautiful location and resort! I'd not been to Jackson before and had not heard of this resort. It exceeded our expectations by far and was a lovely place to stay. We will be back for sure. I wish we had more time to enjoy the Alpine slide, horse back riding, and pool - but they looked nice. The breakfast we had was delicious. The menu was limited and a little pricier than necessary. The only other complaint was the lighting in the bedroom, but other than that the place was GREAT!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such a great review. "Better than expected" is our goal and it sounds like we acheived it with you! Come see us again!
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in the condos at the Snow King resort. The entire resort experience was amazing. The condos were very clean and like new. We were so comfortable there. I was especially happy with the kitchen. Often, I don't feel like all the utensils, etc. feel quite clean enough, but this was not the case at Snow King. Everything exceeded our expectations in the condos. We were really pleased with the accommodations, I thought the pictures on the website didn't do it justice - it was even better in person.

The resort itself was great. The kids (and my husband and I as well) loved the alpine slide. It was so great to have that so near to us. All of the employees were wonderful. It was great to meet people from all over the world. They were all so happy to be working there and so well trained in making our resort experience a wonderful one. The location of the resort is fantastic, it is a quick walk into the town area. We thought it was perfect!

The concierge at the hotel did such a great job getting us all set up on many wonderful adventures while we were in town. We have a great guide into yellowstone; the concierge definitely knew the best one. We did horseback riding and white water rafting and had a perfect experience with each amazing adventure. I coordinated things with the concierge weeks in advance and he was so patient and helpful and always full of great energy.

We were absolutely thrilled with our experience at Snow King! We cannot recommend it enough and we will definitely return many more times.

1 Thank Stacy H
It sure sounds like we will be seeing you again Stacy H! What a great and detailed review. Thank you!
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

After a LONG day of travel from Missoula, MT through Yellowstone and through Grand Tetons National Park we found ourselves in the dubious honor of starving and without a reservation.

Taking for granted the fact Wyoming is the most desolate State in America we originally planned to eat dinner in Jackson before driving to a town further away before realizing that drive may take 4 hours. In a frantic race to find a room in Jackson we quickly realized that options were very limited and rates were astronomical, but likely the Snow King had two rooms left so we quickly booked them not knowing what to expect.

Upon arrival at the Resort one room was available which I volunteered to the rest of the family and the kids. The second room had a problem as it had not been cleaned. Facing an irritating delay (and having had a similar experience once already on the same trip) I was very happy when the manager on her way out the door stopped to assist and promptly "upgraded" us to a Condominium. At this point I had no idea what this entailed, but was simply happy to have a room to go to.

Upon arriving at the condominium we received the most pleasant surprise of our trip. The condo was unbelievable! A washer and drier, a full bath with walk-in shower and a separate tub. Beautifully decorated throughout with a modern kitchen.

We slept like babies and were proud as peacocks to invite the other group over who stayed in the much more standard room to see their amazement. Upon review the cost difference would have been minimal.

Room Tip: Pay the additional for the 1 Bedroom Condo... well beyond worth it
1 Thank J R
I am glad that you were able to get our last two rooms available! It sure sounds like you and the family enjoyed your stay at the Resort. Please come see us again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had two queen beds in our room, which was decorated in a western motif. While the beds were comfortable, the lighting could have been better. We needed to remove one of the lamp shades to get adequate lighting. There were several electrical outlets, making it fairly easy to charge our devices.

The vanity/sink was located in a nook, separate from the tub and toilet. There was little counter space but there were storage shelves below the counter. In the bathroom, there was some mold.

Breakfast was the standard selection of hot and cold items, including toast, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, and French toast.

There is free WiFi.

One can walk to town in about 15 minutes or take a free shuttle; due to the circuitous route, the shuttle, which runs twice an hour, also takes about 15 minutes to get to town. Tip: If you take the shuttle, take a photo of the schedule on the return bus stop sign. The return bus stop is across the street.

Within a five minute walk of the resort are horses for rent, hiking, and a ski lift to view the surrounding area.

Plenty of good, reasonably priced restaurants in town, including the Merry Piglets (Tex-Mex), Pearl Street Bagels, and Taqueria Sanchez.

If this review contains the type of information you like in a review, please check "yes," indicating this review is helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid room directly over the hotel entrance. Piped music plays continuously.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SDAG
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to SNOW KING. I hope you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again in the near future.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Easy walk to downtown Jackson. Alpine slide and horseback riding are close. The food options in the hotel are limited and expensive. It would be more family friendly if there was more variety and if room service was available. Pool was nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Melanie844
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We have since implemented a new menue in HAYDENS Post with a wider selection of food options. I hope you come and stay with us again.