“Great experience at the Lexington”

The Lexington at Jackson Hole
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Our stay at the Lexington was wonderful. The rooms are very clean and modern. The beds are super comfy. Breakfast was good with fresh cut fruit (vs. canned that you find with most hotel breakfasts) and biscuits and gravy. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Great location for walking to town.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kristinmomof3
lexjh, Director of Sales at The Lexington at Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

Thank you for such a great review of our property. We get many comments about our "comfy" beds - we know how important a good, comfortable nights sleep is - especailly in Jackson Hole where you need to rest up between great adventures and activities. Our breakast receives high marks from many of our guests - mainly because of the fresh ingredients we use. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Jackson.
Best,

There are newer reviews for The Lexington at Jackson Hole

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I was looking forward to my one night stay at this property and it was so horrible. First off, I had never been to Jackson and I do not like this place at all. Service was slow and I was rushed through and others in back of me in line tried to cut in front. They ended up giving me a room on the first floor in the back building and while the room was big, it was NOISY. We had a bunch of teenagers above us and I don't know if they were wrestling, or throwing stuff but we had issues with them making noise and I had to call the office but the person put me on permahold, so I had to get dressed and go into the office to tell them that the people above were making noise. The guy at the lobby asks me "do you know what room number is above you?" and he's working at this place. It wasn't hard to figure out, but I thought that was odd. Room is big but poorly lit. And as some of these other places are doing, putting a $25 stuffed animal in the room (I guess this replaces the $5 bottle of water) and hoping you have kids who will take it and they can charge you $25 (tacky, I think). If you stay here, get a second floor room, I felt I got suckered. Also, the pool is in different building and I wanted to swim, but walking out to get to the indoor pool throught light snow, didn't seem worth it. The layout of this hotel is really odd-with the different buildings-to me it was not really represented that way in the info I got. They do have free breakfast but it's like an animal feeding trough. A lot of people and not that much food. I would never go to Jackson again and I would never ever stay here again. I'm just glad it was only one miserable night.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank proftravlr

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our great community or our hotel. I am glad to see that we did receive higher ratings from you on other topics like value, cleanliness and service. I submit that your experience is not typical of the town or our property and I hope that you will return some day to experience and enjoy Jackson Hole, the last and best of the old west.
Regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2011

I recently stayed at the Lexington and enjoyed a quiet, comfortable stay. The check-in staff member was very curtious and friendly. The location of the hotel is excellent... within walking distance of downtown Jackson Hole which is great due to limited parking within the town.

My favorite thing about this hotel was my bed!!! I normally like to get up very early in the morning but I just wanted to stay in the comfort of my bed... needless to say, I slept very well. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank c-u-in-mexico
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I spend nearly two hundred fifty to three hundred days a year on the road traveling. I have stayed in poor to outstanding hotels. In my travels, the Lexington-Jackson, WY facility ranks among the very best, This is not a bell captain or bellhop luxury facility.This hotel will rank just under that type of hotel.

First of all, location is very important, This hotel is the very best hotel when you consider that you want to be very close to the heart of town, and being very easy to drive out of town to the national parks. If you stay at any other really nice hotel you are likely to encounter traffic problems when going into the parks, especially in the busy or summer months.

The walking distance to the heart of town is minimal. In a very short distance there is a great variety of some very good restaurants, and a real good variety of interesting and quaint shops and art galleries.

There is Nikai a sushi & Japanese restaurant a half block away.

Thai Plate Restaurant's, food is among the best Thai anywhere. The atmosphere has no Asian feeling other than the people, and is a cash only facility. If you know Thai food and have experienced a lot of it. you won't be able to wait to get back there for more. This is food that a Thai food connoisseur will crave.

There is the Three Piglets Mexican Restaurant, a half a block further to the south, that is the best in the Jackson Area.

Within another two to six blocks is a variety of good steaks and chops, fish, hamburger, Italian, Electric Asian, Chinese, good delis, etc.

When you enter the lobby of the Lexington you will feel a real warmth, with friendly, personable, accommodating people. You can tell that the management does a great job of interviewing, and selecting the most personable friendly people.

The lobby also has computer with a nice wide screen monitor that can be used buy the guests.

Late in the afternoon, good chocolate chip cookies are out for guests, and there is also coffee and lemonade.

Once you get to your room you will be surprised to find such high or thick mattresses on the beds. The sheets and quilts or blankets are also very good,

You will have excellent good sized towels in the bathroom with an nice extra soft bathmat.

The TVs are very good with a good variety of cable channels.

The breakfast will also be a pleasant surprise. You will have a variety of two or three good fruit juices.

Cold cereals and hot prepared oat meal, with a selection of add ons. Crushed pecans, cranberries, raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

A great variety of breads, English muffins, and bagels, with a good toaster. A variety of pastries, and a waffle grill.

Serve yourself yogurt, a cut up variety of fruit, varied mixed berries, hard cooked eggs, and if your lucky you may be there when they put out a breakfast mixed fruit pie that I just can not get enough of. I wished that it would always be available. And finally, fresh apples oranges, and bananas.

Since I found and started to stay at the Lexington Inn, it will the first place hotel that I will try to get reservations in the future. This place will not disappoint in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank gardspec
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Clean comfortable rooms, spacious and quiet. Small office with internet and TV. The off season is a great time to travel as rates are very reasonable. Much more luxurious than what I normally stay in for the money. Very friendly and helpful front desk people. Fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies and coffee welcome. Very good breakfast included.

Room Tip: Travel off peak season and ask for good rates.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed here in April with three young children (ages 6, 9, 12) - this was very much the off-season for Jackson. This hotel is a great location, downtown Jackson within easy walking distance of dozens of restaurants and shops. The rooms are very nice, and the service was excellent. The free morning breakfast was a great start to the day.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
lexjh, Director of Sales at The Lexington at Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy Jackson during one of our "quieter" times. We enjoyed having you and your family as our guests and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
All the best,

Reviewed 3 April 2011

stayed 5 nights in main lodge- great value for rooms which include breakfast. The best part is the cozy lobby and wonderful staff that really goes out of their way to assist.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
lexjh, Director of Sales at The Lexington at Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take much pride in our property and I am glad that you found us a great value. Our staff strives to provide the best service in Jackson - I am glad they met your expectations.
We hope to see you back in Jackson again soon.
Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Been to The Lexington at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!