“Great Hotel, Bad info.”

The Lexington at Jackson Hole
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed in the Lexington over the Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel is very nice, we had a suite that had a small sitting room and two queen beds. The hotel is about 2 blocks from downtown Jackson, so very convenient for walking, etc. Three things went wrong during our stay:

1. We were in Alpine, WY about to come up highway 26 to Jackson, when we saw a flashing light and a sign saying that the road was closed. We had encountered a “closed” road the day before that was actually open, so we called the hotel to ask if the road was indeed closed, or if the highway people just forgot to turn off the light. We were assured by the front desk person (manuel, or pedro… a Spanish name) that the road was open. We drove for about ½ hour up Highway 26, when we ran into a trooper who told us that we had to turn around, and that the road was indeed closed. We had to backtrack and go through Swan Valley and Victor, ID to get to the hotel… an extra 2 ½ hours that would have only been 1 ½ hours if we were given accurate information. Had the person at the front desk simply said, “I don’t know.” We wouldn’t have wasted an extra hour driving after an already long road trip from Salt Lake City, UT.

2. We went to a rodeo on Saturday night and arrived back at the hotel at about 9:30 pm. We had been out all day shopping and were exhausted and wanted a good hot meal. We asked Kat at the front desk where we could get a good steak. She suggested Burkes Chop House, so we decided to walk the 5 blocks to get a good dinner. When we arrived at Burkes, it was closed. We wandered around a bit until we found an open restaurant. It’s not a huge deal, but if you are going to suggest a restaurant to a guest… make sure you know if they are open.

3. Third is kinda gross. My wife speaks Spanish, and she asked the chambermaid for fresh glasses for the bathroom (we had used the bathroom glasses earlier as makeshift bowls to eat some cold pasta salad), and the chambermaid informed her that they don’t have fresh glasses, and that they wash out the glasses in the bathroom sink and replace them. I think that’s pretty unsanitary—the glasses are on a nice doily and you are under the impression that they are sterilized for each guest – if I knew I was using a glass that a former guest had used, I wouldn’t have used it at all.

The carpets are kind of dirty (probably due to guests skiing in the winter). All in all the Lexington is a good choice if visiting Jackson Hole. The rooms are clean and the staff is nice… just don’t ask them anything.

Room Tip: Get a Queen Suite with a fireplace!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MickDanger
lexjh, Director of Sales at The Lexington at Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

Thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you rated our hotel high in value and sleep quality. I am sorry for the misinformation you received about the road conditions. The road closure in the Snake River canyon inconvenienced many locals and visitors. As the mudslide that closed the road (it is re-opened now) ebbed and flowed – there were many false reports circulating about the road status. Unfortunately, you were traveling as the slide was occurring and conditions were changing hourly. I agree that our front desk staff could have said “I don’t know the status of the road” because that was the truth – we did not know as it was constantly changing.
I do want to state that the glasses that we use in the rooms are cleaned and sterilized daily. I apologize for any miscommunication from our staff.
Again, Thank you for your comments – we strive to provide the best guest experience in Jackson Hole.
All the best,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 1 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and loved it. We were in the main building, the room was large, clean, current, and comfortable. We loved being so close to all the downtown attractions. I average 75 nights a year in hotels for business. Occasionally I get to stay for pleasure, and this is my new favorite spot.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kjmNM

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Jackson Hole
All the best,

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Our stay at the Lexington was wonderful. The rooms are very clean and modern. The beds are super comfy. Breakfast was good with fresh cut fruit (vs. canned that you find with most hotel breakfasts) and biscuits and gravy. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Great location for walking to town.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kristinmomof3

Thank you for such a great review of our property. We get many comments about our "comfy" beds - we know how important a good, comfortable nights sleep is - especailly in Jackson Hole where you need to rest up between great adventures and activities. Our breakast receives high marks from many of our guests - mainly because of the fresh ingredients we use. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Jackson.
Best,

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I was looking forward to my one night stay at this property and it was so horrible. First off, I had never been to Jackson and I do not like this place at all. Service was slow and I was rushed through and others in back of me in line tried to cut in front. They ended up giving me a room on the first floor in the back building and while the room was big, it was NOISY. We had a bunch of teenagers above us and I don't know if they were wrestling, or throwing stuff but we had issues with them making noise and I had to call the office but the person put me on permahold, so I had to get dressed and go into the office to tell them that the people above were making noise. The guy at the lobby asks me "do you know what room number is above you?" and he's working at this place. It wasn't hard to figure out, but I thought that was odd. Room is big but poorly lit. And as some of these other places are doing, putting a $25 stuffed animal in the room (I guess this replaces the $5 bottle of water) and hoping you have kids who will take it and they can charge you $25 (tacky, I think). If you stay here, get a second floor room, I felt I got suckered. Also, the pool is in different building and I wanted to swim, but walking out to get to the indoor pool throught light snow, didn't seem worth it. The layout of this hotel is really odd-with the different buildings-to me it was not really represented that way in the info I got. They do have free breakfast but it's like an animal feeding trough. A lot of people and not that much food. I would never go to Jackson again and I would never ever stay here again. I'm just glad it was only one miserable night.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank proftravlr

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our great community or our hotel. I am glad to see that we did receive higher ratings from you on other topics like value, cleanliness and service. I submit that your experience is not typical of the town or our property and I hope that you will return some day to experience and enjoy Jackson Hole, the last and best of the old west.
Regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2011

I recently stayed at the Lexington and enjoyed a quiet, comfortable stay. The check-in staff member was very curtious and friendly. The location of the hotel is excellent... within walking distance of downtown Jackson Hole which is great due to limited parking within the town.

My favorite thing about this hotel was my bed!!! I normally like to get up very early in the morning but I just wanted to stay in the comfort of my bed... needless to say, I slept very well. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank c-u-in-mexico
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I spend nearly two hundred fifty to three hundred days a year on the road traveling. I have stayed in poor to outstanding hotels. In my travels, the Lexington-Jackson, WY facility ranks among the very best, This is not a bell captain or bellhop luxury facility.This hotel will rank just under that type of hotel.

First of all, location is very important, This hotel is the very best hotel when you consider that you want to be very close to the heart of town, and being very easy to drive out of town to the national parks. If you stay at any other really nice hotel you are likely to encounter traffic problems when going into the parks, especially in the busy or summer months.

The walking distance to the heart of town is minimal. In a very short distance there is a great variety of some very good restaurants, and a real good variety of interesting and quaint shops and art galleries.

There is Nikai a sushi & Japanese restaurant a half block away.

Thai Plate Restaurant's, food is among the best Thai anywhere. The atmosphere has no Asian feeling other than the people, and is a cash only facility. If you know Thai food and have experienced a lot of it. you won't be able to wait to get back there for more. This is food that a Thai food connoisseur will crave.

There is the Three Piglets Mexican Restaurant, a half a block further to the south, that is the best in the Jackson Area.

Within another two to six blocks is a variety of good steaks and chops, fish, hamburger, Italian, Electric Asian, Chinese, good delis, etc.

When you enter the lobby of the Lexington you will feel a real warmth, with friendly, personable, accommodating people. You can tell that the management does a great job of interviewing, and selecting the most personable friendly people.

The lobby also has computer with a nice wide screen monitor that can be used buy the guests.

Late in the afternoon, good chocolate chip cookies are out for guests, and there is also coffee and lemonade.

Once you get to your room you will be surprised to find such high or thick mattresses on the beds. The sheets and quilts or blankets are also very good,

You will have excellent good sized towels in the bathroom with an nice extra soft bathmat.

The TVs are very good with a good variety of cable channels.

The breakfast will also be a pleasant surprise. You will have a variety of two or three good fruit juices.

Cold cereals and hot prepared oat meal, with a selection of add ons. Crushed pecans, cranberries, raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

A great variety of breads, English muffins, and bagels, with a good toaster. A variety of pastries, and a waffle grill.

Serve yourself yogurt, a cut up variety of fruit, varied mixed berries, hard cooked eggs, and if your lucky you may be there when they put out a breakfast mixed fruit pie that I just can not get enough of. I wished that it would always be available. And finally, fresh apples oranges, and bananas.

Since I found and started to stay at the Lexington Inn, it will the first place hotel that I will try to get reservations in the future. This place will not disappoint in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank gardspec
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Clean comfortable rooms, spacious and quiet. Small office with internet and TV. The off season is a great time to travel as rates are very reasonable. Much more luxurious than what I normally stay in for the money. Very friendly and helpful front desk people. Fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies and coffee welcome. Very good breakfast included.

Room Tip: Travel off peak season and ask for good rates.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends