“Best hotel in Jackson, WY”

The Lexington at Jackson Hole
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best hotel in Jackson, WY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We originally booked the Homewood Suites at $259. for the night. They were booked solid and when we ran into vehicle trouble and were a day behind, they had no rooms. We then called the Lexington not knowing what to expect. Boy were we surprised! This was a fabulous place to stay. The room was excellent and the staff friendly and accommodating.
We even had covered parking for the night [we were on motorcycles]. My husband is still talking about the breakfast buffet they had a no extra charge. When we go back to Jackson, you can bet we will book our rooms at the Lexington. It was a wonderful experience all round. Oh, and the price was less than half what the Homewood was charging!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Two things that stood out for us about The Lexington: First, the staff seemed genuinely concerned that we have everything we needed; what a refreshing attitude! Second, the room was quiet, and the layout was *great* - separate little area with a couch and TV, beds and desk arranged so you didn't keep banging into everything. Just one of those things that just, well, worked.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I've stayed here and at the Wyoming Inn on separate ski trips. Both are comparable. Wyoming Inn has better food selection during breakfast when I was there and also served afternoon soup at 4pm. Lexington is much closer to town and has suites. I stayed in a suite at the Lexington on a special deal and appreciated the extra space. The room was clean and had everything you needed (2 TVs and mini fridge.) Everyone I came across at both hotels were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Look at the specials page and call the hotel!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

An old Residence Inn (ie large rooms with kitchenette) at best with slow Internet, an old CRT tv, no gym and a fancy facade. The bed was really hard. Free breakfast is very basic - no eggs or fresh fruit. Paid $300; not worth more than $150 (that's including the overpriced Jackson market). The front desk staff was very nice and fairly helpful, though we heard the supervisor yelling at them one morning over name tags - chill! If the same price, I'd recommend the Rustic Inn down the road.

• Stayed June 2011
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I arrived in Jackson on May 27, 2011 with my two grandchildren, ages 8 & 11. It was cold, snowing and light rain. Welcome to Wyoming!! The adorable wolf on the bed captured our hearts. I got each of them a wolf. The hotel staff was friendly even though they weren't sure where to suggest for children to be taken to eat out that evening. We made out alright though. My daughter and her husband arrived by air the next day to a glorious day, sunny and warmer. The rooms that we had were in real nice shape, good quality beds, warm comforters, plenty of room to stretch out. The breakfast area was crowded but the food was good. Just don't go at 9am. Go earlier. We did the day we checked out. Our trip took us to Yellowstone and points north in the process of traveling with young children, my granddaughter lost her pet wolf, Lexie, and I had some problems with communicating with the Hotel about getting a replacement. Today, July 1 I talked with the Manager, Edgar and he has assured me that he will personally pack a wolf in a box and take it to the post office himself. This means more to me than most anything they could have done. I had made two previous attempts to talk with whomever answered the phone and was not getting service. They have made a wrong , right and I will remember this in the future. I travel frequently and will look for the Lexington Hotels in other locations and maybe be in Jackson again. Thank you. P. Wigginton

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Bloomington, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in one of their suites with a kitchenette. It was nice to have space to put the children to bed, and then my husband and I could stay up and watch TV in the other room. The room was incredibly clean, and the beds and pillows were so comfortable. This was particularly true after the beds and pillows in Yellowstone! The breakfast was very good, my son loved the waffles, and I enjoyed the oatmeal with all the goodies you could add to it.

The front desk staff were very helpful and even printed out two different routes for us to get to Salt lake City. I fell in love with the Jackson Hole area and hope to be back. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

We have stayed in hotels nation-wide and in many other countries, and most of them can best be described as adequate, some as disappointing, and a select few as outstanding. Our experience at The Lexington ranks among the best, and it began with the people – without exception friendly and helpful. A generously sized room provides space for comfort during hours awake, plus restful sleep on the pillow-top bed. And a step up is the two-room suite, a flat screen TV in each, and mini-frig and microwave. Location is ideal – a block from the town square for convenience, distant enough for a degree of solitude. The free and very-generous breakfast provides quality, variety, and helpful service, all in an immaculate glass-walled mezzanine.

Some past guests have reported negative experiences, and those might be better understood with a look at the property. An older section is a traditional layout with exterior walkway entrances to more basic accommodations. And even the newer construction was for some reason designed with the lowest floor half-underground, thus the high windows with views of passing feet.

To balance the differing qualities, specify your request for an upper floor (second or third) in the newer main building. Then if you submit a report, it definitely won’t be negative!

Room Tip: Request new building, second or third floor
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple