The Trapper aka The Lexington is in a nice location on the north side on Jackson, very convenient to the airport but just a two short blocks from shops and the town square. You don't have to drive through town to get north to the airport and parks. It's a two story complex with several buildings that surround the central parking/courtyard area. There are green spaces interspersed between the parking spaces with trees and big comfy lawn furniture. These were very nice spaces to sit and enjoy the afternoon sun. There aren't really any views from most of the rooms, but that is true of most hotels in "downtown" Jackson. There are a combination of motel-style and hotel-style units. We were in motel style units with a king bed. As the hotel website says - these are basic rooms. But you still have access to the amenities, like the small pool and jacuzzi, and things like nicer toiletries and towels. It's a little bit of a mix of budget and upscale. One of our units had more attractive furniture than the other - perhaps they are still working to update the older rooms after the big construction project/remodel? There seemed to be a lot of furniture in the room - I actually think they could scale back a little to open up more space. There was the tv armoire with several drawers, a dresser with several drawers, a table with several chairs, a side chair, a bunch of lamps, bedside tables. There was also a closet space. The king bed was the one newer, more attractive looking piece of furniture (it matched what was in the other room) and it was very comfortable.There was a big sink area outside the bathroom. The mini fridge was under the counter. The complimentary toiletries were very nice quality. The bathroom with the shower/tub and toilet was fine except that the shower head seemed oddly low and I am short. But the water pressure and temperature seemed fine and the towels were nice. I agree with another poster that sheers on the windows would be nice to allow light into the room but maintain privacy. The room did seem a little dark, especially as we were on the first floor and the walkway for the second floor hung over our door and window. The staff at the Trapper were very friendly and helpful. The lobby and breakfast areas are very nice and comfortable. The complimentary continental breakfast was OK. A pretty varied selection of breads and pastries - including a ham and cheese croissant that others in my group enjoyed. A selection of four cold cereals, whole fruit, and I think instant oatmeal as well. There was coffee, tea, a juice machine, microwave, and a toaster. I think there were real plates and utensils, not disposable, which is nice. There is a laundry room with two coin-operated, stacked washer/dryer units. I think it was $1.50 for a washer and $1.25 for the dryer (or maybe it was $1.75 and $1.50?). If I was back in Jackson, I might stay in one of newer, hotel-style units, as those look very nice, and they aren't that much more expensive. Overall, it was a good-sized room, clean, and location was very convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lexington at Jackson Hole Hotel & Suites is a locally owned 91-room lodging property located in the heart of downtown Jackson, Wyoming. Consisting of courtyard and suite style rooms, amenities include; daily breakfast buffet, free parking, free Wi-Fi and complimentary airport transfers (JAC 7a-9p daily). Just steps from the historic Jackson town square and close to activities, restaurants, galleries, museums and shopping. Come experience our genuine Western hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lexington at Jackson Hole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lexington At Jackson Hole Hotel And Suites
- The Lexington At Jackson Hole Wyoming