“Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Massapequa, New York, Usa
“Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel right in the down town area. Service is great the suites are large and the place has history and charm all the things you would want when visiting the west.Staying in town is so much fun to get the feel of the area walking and shopping right from you room makes a much nicer visit .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have visited and stayed at the Wort numerous times over the recent years. We take pictures on its decorated staircase and around its tree every Christmas. The rooms are nice, the beds are comfy, and the bathrooms are large. The only downside of staying in this historic hotel is that sounds carry easily down the halls and through the walls. Aside from that, the Wort is a wonderful place to stay and their restaurant is a tasty place to eat as well.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jennifer H
Naples, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

WHAT A GREAT HOTEL. Spent two nights there in June 14. Room was great , large ,comfortable, rustic , and a great bed. Service 5 star, the morning we checked out our car was taken from the parking lot ,around the corner , to a space at the front door without us making a request. Dining room was wonderful with great food and service. A visit to the hotel's Silver Dollar Grill ( hundreds of silver $'s make up the bar) is a must with a great menu. Could not be in a better location.

Joe S
Naples FL

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank slanejoe
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I visited here with my 3 sisters and we shared a room. Rooms are very large. Beautiful rustic decor and gorgeous art. We loved the bar in the hotel - great band on Tuesday nights and a good bar menu and great servers. Excellent location in the heart of Jackson.

Staff was friendly but not overly helpful - that is why I am giving them 4 stars and not 5. We ran out of coffee creamer in our room and the front desk couldn't help us (seriously?). Also, the concierge didn't seem to be that knowledgeable or enthusiastic about the area.

Overall we loved it and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are surprisingly spacious. The beds are very high. They put a lot of things in your room for you to purchase. They have a teddy bear, pottery and more that are tagged for purchase.

I did the wake up call automated system the first night and did not get called. Then the second I called the front desk to set up my wake up call. Again I did not get called. When we checked out, the front desk clerk said it sometimes messes up. He didn't seem too surprised. I guess it happens a lot. Just set a back up alarm.

The location is great! So close to all the shopping and restaurants. Our room faced the main street. There were people on the street shouting and being noisy up until midnight. If possible get a room that is not on top of the bar and restaurant.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

As much as I enjoyed The Wort, I couldn't give it 5 stars. The rooms and general ambiance are great, the staff is outstanding, and the bar and grill were wonderful.
It lost stars for several factors. First, the walls were far too thin in our room. I could hear conversations of people walking by on the sidewalk and in the room next door. Second, I didn't have hot water for my shower my first two days. Lastly, I don't like that they automatically include the maid/housekeeping tip in my bill. ($5 a day, on top of resort fees and taxes) I prefer to tip what I deem appropriate, not be charged.

While I had a nice stay, I think for the price I paid for my room, hot water and noise should NOT be a factor.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Johnnie H
Sheila M, Manager at The Wort Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
From the General Manager to Johnnie H:
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. Please know I have shared your words “The rooms and general ambiance are great the staff is outstanding and the bar and grill are wonderful” with the appropriate departments. We are so sorry for any discomfort related to noise in your room. Although infrequent, we sometimes become aware of noise related to our prime downtown location. The hotel was built in 1941 and the walls are quite substantial so we will look into any deficiency related to your particular room, again sorry for any discomfort. No hot water for two days is inexcusable and not typical for a stay with us. I am conducting thorough research into the circumstances around your situation, I am very sorry for your inconvenience. The housekeeping fees are related to a standard group contract and are negotiated with the group leader, they are not charged to individual travelers. If you were not part of a group, please contact us immediately and we will reverse those charges.
We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay at The Wort Hotel although we are truly sorry we were unable to provide the 5 Star stay we are accustom to providing. We hope to provide our signature 5 Star service during a future stay.

Jim Waldrop
The Wort Hotel
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Wort is the no. 1 winner of historic (refurbished) hotels in the U.S. Beautiful, clean, and 5-Diamond hospitable. We stayed two nights on a Tauck tour of the Tetons and Yellowstone. We ate only B/D, and the food was ***good; but not extraoridinary. We enjoyed the ambiance of the pictures, the animal heads, and the décor. The beds had very heavy comforters, and we had to throw them off. I would stay there again if the room could be had for less than $200 We didn't use the pool or the two hot tubs, but if we were out on the trail all day we surely would have.

Room Tip: If you can't get on the first floor......the elevators are way in the back.