“Location, Location”

Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our two day stay at Rustic Inn while visiting the Yellowstone and Grand Tetons was a relaxing end to our hectic days. The grounds, with the creek and fire pits is immaculate, and very relaxing. The free breakfast, although the same every day is plentiful and very good. The rooms in the cabins were a treat,,,, very clean and comfortable. We made use of the porch and had coffee and relaxed. There is a small pool, and in the early evening we sat around and enjoyed drinks from the bar,
They also have a shuttle that can take you into town if necessary.

Room Tip: Not near the office or the pool or mainroad...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jjjj113

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at 3 hotels in three days in the Jackson, Tetons and Yellowstone area. This was our first. The room was very well designed, modern and in great shape. We had a room with two queen beds, it has a modern bathroom and nice furnishings. I wish we could have stayed there the entire time but we were on the move. Why I don't give it a 5-star rating? At the price, the included breakfast buffet should be outstanding not average. The breakfast offerings were the usual eggs, bacon/sausage, home fries, fruit, bagels, coffee and tea. That breakfast sounds like the same hotel breakfast you get a Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn or Marriott Courtyard, but for the price, close to $500 per night including taxes, you would think they could afford a really nice spread. The other minor issue was that the fireplace wouldn't turn off, so even when it was hot, the room got hotter. But I have no other complaint. Location is not center of town but if you have a car, it works. Wi-Fi included. Service from the reception staff was great an efficient. We arrived late and the bellman directed us to our room and was very helpful. The rating is more a factor of price value. They just seemed slightly understaffed and not spending money on the really extras to achieve 5-stars. But they are a solid 4 and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone else in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room, creekside is very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I just left a 5 night stay in The Grand Balcony suite for a friends wedding and it was close to perfection. The rooms are brand new and the spa building has a quiet and private feel to it. The Spa butlers Molly, Brittany, and Pam helped to make us feel special from morning to night. The breakfast area is for spa guest only and they personally make everything fresh and on site. There are only a few rooms in the spa area so you almost feel like the only guest and that is exactly how the staff treats you.

We also spent a lot of time on our balcony by the fireplace or in the private jacuzzi. Beautiful views and great outdoor furniture.

The property by the creek is beautiful as well and we loved relaxing to the views.

I have travelled to many luxurious resorts and the spa suites is right near the top. My wife and I will be back for sure!

Room Tip: The spa suites are beautiful and private.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fulljam
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed 7 nights at this location from July 29 to August 5th, 2014 at the deluxe king guestroom. I will give the hotel one star for being ideal situated on N Cache therefore you can readily access the airport and get to Yellowstone National Park. It is also within walking distance of the city center so you can walk to little shops and restaurant. I will give another star to the maid that came by each day to try to clean the room to the best of her ability. There is the 2 stars rating for this hotel. The purpose of this trip was both business (conference) and personal (hiking). The first night I got in I went to check in at the front desk. The front desk staff took forever to find my reservation. I asked him if he needs my reservation number and that I booked it via priceline. The staff indicated he has found me but does not know if the room is ready yet so I sat there why he kept on starring at the screen for 10-15 minutes. Mind you I got there around 3:40 PM in the afternoon so I am not sure why the room would not be ready. Normally people check out by noon and I would think a well managed hotel would have it cleaned in 3-4 hours. Finally after sitting there waiting for a while they gave me the room key and I drove to where my room was located. Upon entry to my room I was extremely disappointed. The room looked old, semi-dirty and was hot. It is nothing like the pictures online. Check out there online pictures at http://www.rusticinnatjh.com/accommodations/deluxe-king/ . Talk about knowing how to take pictures in the right lighting to make it look bigger, brighter and more luxurious then it is. The online picture gave it a very cabin-like feeling which I am alright with but in reality it is dark, hot, small and old looking room. For US$250.00 per night I was extremely not pleased. I sucked it up and proceed to get settle in. I turned on the air conditioner which honestly needs to be replaced as one it is super loud and it is not accurate. The temperature keeps on fluctuating that I was feeling cold one minute and super hot the next minute. Then I pulled the covers off the bed just to discover a spider crawling on the bed sheet. It was not a big spider but what the.... I put it behind me as I know this is supposed to be cabin-like feel and its not a modern hotel. The bathroom was the only descent thing about the room. I felt I had more space in the bathroom then the bedroom. The towels in the bathroom were all super, super rough. If you are into rough towels this is a bonus for you. The mattress was sleepable but what is wrong with hotel management why would you give guest a goose feather duvet as a blanket in the middle of summer. How is this practical? You cannot even use it because you will overheat in the middle of the night. Also if you like rough towels you will really like the sandy texture of the bed sheets. The worse thing was the feather filled pillows. It was super super not comfortable - there is no properly support for the next and heat is trapped in the pillow so you head feels hot throughout the night. For all of the 7 night stay I could not get a good sleep. In addition, no windows can be opened so I could not get a good air flow in the room. There is free breakfast everyday between 6 am to 10 am. By the 3rd day I was so sick of their breakfast. Nothing changes its the same food everyday. They don't even have soy milk for cereal when I told them I am lactose intolerant. There is free internet and free parking.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a great place. Secluded enough to make you feel like you are staying in the wilderness, but close enough to enjoy the best of jackson. The included breakfast is a great way to start your day. Friendly people and it is right across the street from the elk refuge.

Room Tip: Get one by the creek, the waterfal is awesome!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Rustic Inn for 6 nights and found the room and facility to be nice. We enjoyed the layout of the hotel. We took advantage of the fire pits and walked by the creek. Our Creekside unit had a deck that looked at the creek where my wife and I drank coffee each morning. We took advantage of the daily breakfast buffet to fill up before heading out to the Tetons or Yellowstone. Great to have a refrigerator in the room as we put a case of water in to make sure we stayed hydrated during our stay, we are from the East Coast and the dry air and altitude made drinking a lot of water a necessity.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our 6-night stay at the Rustic Inn in a "Superior King Cabin" was fantastic and every bit a part of our vacation as days spent in and around the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone parks. We cherished our time at the Inn when not out exploring Jackson or the parks. The grounds of the Rustic Inn are quiet and relaxing. Our teen son spent hours finishing on Flat Creek that runs through the property. We all enjoyed taking in the beauty in and around the property from one of the swings or many chairs on the property. We watched the family of beavers swim by in the mornings and evenings, as well as the Canadian geese. Loved sitting around the fires at night chatting with other guests from around the US and world. Got off to a good start every morning with a very good, hearty breakfast. The shops and restaurants of Jackson were a short walk from the Inn. We just had a wonderful time in beautiful, beautiful Jackson Hole. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
The Lexington at Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Been to Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!