“It is nice but Overpriced”

Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Alpharetta, Georgia
“It is nice but Overpriced”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The room is clean and nice. The furniture looks good. The bathroom is clean and modern. The breakfast is really nice too.
Things I don't like: the room basic has no views at all- we stayed super Queen room, feels like in the basement.
The breakfast is always crowded, you have to wait a while to have seat, if you are in the hurry, that will be really bad.
The bathroom need hangers, there are no place to hang clothes and towers, it is very inconvenient.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
New York
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel grounds are absolutely gorgeous. Check-in staff was not overly friendly. We had a creekside "fireplace" double bed room. It was nice to hear the creek from the room, but the room was just average. Bed was comfortable, but there were a few stains on the floor and the fireplace didn't work. We requested the fireplace to be fixed 3 times, it was unable to be fixed, so much for a "fireplace" room. Breakfast was good but not outstanding, presentation was lovely. They have beautiful tee pees and fire pits (gas) to lounge around during the day or night. It was disappointing when they closed these areas at 11pm while dozens of people were enjoying them. Overall, for the price, it was nice but I think I would try some place new next time we are in Jackson Hole.

Seattle
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We booked a Superior Double Queen Guestroom with Fireplace which locates next to a creek for one night and a similar room without water view for another night late July 2014. The first room costed high $400 while the second room costed low $400.

The good things about the rooms and the hotel are:
1) The creek view from the first room was decent.
2) The breakfast buffet was complementary and was great. It was comparable to one offered by a five star hotel. I would pay $20 per person for the breakfast.

The bad things about the rooms and the hotel are:
1) The air conditioners in both rooms were very loud, even when we set their fans to low.
2) I stayed at the room with 2 other guys and we preferred not to sleep on the same bed. Unfortunately, they didn't offer rollaway, so one of us ended up sleeping on the floor.
3) There were tons of midgets or mosquito like flies on the property at night. We were not bitten by them but were annoyed when they flied nearby and buzzed occasionally.
4) It seems that the furnitures and decors in the rooms were old and cheap, in addition to the rustic look. For example, some paint in both bathrooms peeled off and the shower faucet in one room didn't produce water while in the other room worked fine.

We had higher expectation for the comfort of the room at that price, but it didn't meet our expectation. Maybe the hotel offers the values through other amenities such as pool or spa, but we were not interested in them.

3 Thank Dakar63
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at the Rustic Inn Creekside in Jackson Hole for one night . The shuttle service from airport was convenient and the driver actually gave a mini tour on the way. The cottage was beautifully done , perfectly clean and complete with all amenities. The way that the cottages are located provides quite a bit of privacy if you wish to sit on the front porch that is complete with two comfortable rockers.
The breakfast buffet was delicious and had anything that you could want to start the day.
Hotel grounds are beautiful , complete with a lovely creek , pond and large area where fire pits and comfortable seating are provided.
The hotel is about a half mile walk into the town.
All in all a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Creekside cottages have water view but are pricier. Ask for cottage that does not overlook parking l...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ed S S
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I chose the Rustic Inn for our 5 year anniversary trip. A lot of the positives are the same as other reviews, great location, beautiful property, great breakfast etc. The problem with the Rustic Inn did not start until we arrived home from our trip.

When we checked out we had $81 in additional services to be charged back to our debit card. This was no problem and was part of our time at the spa (great service there). We got our final bill emailed to us showing the $81 charge and thought all was well. Fast forward a few days and a $931 charge showed up on our debit card. After calling the Rustic a few times they called me back and let me know that it was an error on their end due to billing (we booked through a 3rd party and all charges were to be sent to them). They missed that step and as a result we were charged on the card we game them for incendentals. $931 would not be an issue if it was a credit card but this was a debit card. Dane and Courtney at the Rustic Inn both alluded to the fact that I should not have used a debit card and I explained that I used the debit card because we expected and nominal amount to get charged, not almost a grand.

The refund process will take 5-10 business days and as a result of the Rustic Inn's mistake I will be short $1000 cash until the refund is processed. I was also told that because I got a great rate on the room (which by the way, We did not get, the travel company that booked the trip got that rate) and the fact that I used a debit card, there was nothing else they could do.

We were offered nothing beyond, "sorry, our mistake, I hope you join us in the future" and for me, being short $1,000 IN CASH for 5-10 days, "sorry" wasnt good enough. After explaining this to Courtney and Dane at the Rustic they passed that problem off to the bank and said that the 5-10 business days was the banks issue, not their's. I calmy explained to them that the refund issue is not the banks fault, it is their fault for charging me in the first place.

After talking with Courtney she did offer to refund $60 of the correctly charged $81 as well and I quickly realized I would be stuck waiting for my money to be returned to me. No other attempts to make it right were offered (discounts on a return visit, really anything at all). To me, they made it clear that taking $1,000 from me without my knowledge or consent was only begrudgingly worth $60 to them.

To put it bluntly, the customer service and follow through at this resort is TERRIBLE. I talked with 3 different front desk workers to make sure we would be billed correctly before we left (Mike, Dane and Courtney) and all assured me we would only be charged the $81. When they decided to charge me an addtional $931, no receipt was given, no heads up notification, no communication of ANY KIND. Add this issue to others dealing with the customer service there (tried 3 times to order wine for our room, never to be called back). The left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing at this resort.

While the Rustic Inn has probably already forgotten about us as customers we are still left without our money that they drafted without consent. Apparently they value an appology at $931 each.

We will not be staying here again and will let everyone we know to avoid. The beautiful grounds and cabins do not make up for the headaches of dealing with their absolutely inept staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Adam C
Courtney H, Manager at Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
We appreciate all feedback from guests, however your review is very misleading and inaccurately portrays the conversations had with myself, as well as some of our front desk agents. We repeatedly apologized for the incorrect charge that was auto-posted to your card at the time of check out in our Hotel Management System (an error that rarely happens). As soon as the error was brought to our attention, we immediately refunded the total amount. We completely understand your frustration with the fact that the money would be held for a few days; however we are unable to expedite the process once the funds are released from our end. I never stated in our conversation that you should have used a credit card, although it is always a great idea to use a credit card at any hotel as most hotels do authorize a temporary hold during a guest stay. After apologizing over and over again, you demanded that we take the gratuity off of your spa treatments (hence the $60.00 refund), when the spa had nothing to do with the error. We would have offered you something in addition, such as a discount on a return stay, however after being berated and belittled by you during our conversation and being threatened with a bad review on TripAdvisor, I felt as though there we were in a no-win situation at that point and anything offered would have not been enough.
Adliswil, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights and had a cabin with 2 queen beds close the creek. The room was very neat and the beds very comfortable. They offer a big variety to eat for breakfast. The only minor thing to criticize is the small breakfast room. At 8 a.m. it was really crowded!

Room Tip: There are some cabins near a busy highway. So I would make sure to ask for a cabin close to the cree...
Hollywood, CA
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Lovely property in Jackson Hole. Well-appointed rooms that really do feel like your own little cabin due to the lack of shared walls, high ceilings, and private patios. Definitely splurge and stay on the creek. The hillside, complete with teepee and lounging/fire pit areas, is picturesque. The breakfast is a nice amenity. My kids loved running around the property. Would definitely stay there again despite the fact that it's a little pricey...but that is to be expected in Jackson Hole!

Room Tip: Definitely stay in the cabins on the creek.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Been to Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!