“Great people, great outdoors”

Lewis & Clark River Expeditions
More attraction details
Owner description: Lewis & Clark Expeditions is a family-owned and operated rafting company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Lewis & Clark originated U-Paddle Whitewater Adventures on the Snake River in 1971. Both whitewater and calm scenic float trips are offered on the Snake River with friendly, experienced guides. Choose Classic Whitewater or the added adventure of the Snake's smallest rafts. Bargain breakfast trips, steak dinner cookouts and delicious deli lunches. Half-day trips with multiple departures daily.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great people, great outdoors”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was my favorite part of my cross-country roadtrip from NYC to LA. I indulged and took a scenic float and white-water trip, affording me relaxation and prime bald-eagle spotting on the first, and unparalleled excitement on the second. All in all, though, the staff of Lewis & Clark were what made the experience as good as it could be, standing out from other experiences I've had on the river. Clare, in particular, was a delight- she made everyone laugh regardless of age, gender or background, taught us lots of interesting tidbits we wouldn't otherwise know, and overall made sure we had a safe and exciting ride. Would highly recommend either trip to anyone!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Lisa K

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“White Water Rafting”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently had the luxury of visiting Jackson, Wyoming and decided to try a white water rafting trip for my first time. Not only did I feel safe in the hands of my guide, Clare, but she provided a fun experience for everyone! Her jokes got me! She also had a ton of knowledge about the Snake River and Jackson history. We hit all the rapids and maybe got some water in our mouths but it was perfect!! I also got the impression that all the guides and employees of Lewis and Clark love what they do and love working together. Good vibes and a good time all around. Thanks Clare!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent adventure!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went rafting on a small (6-8) person boat today with Lewis & Clark, an excellent rafting company. They are small and hire only experienced guides, and our guide Joe was outstanding. Knew the water well, safety was first yet he was fun, personable and informative. Good rapids for all ages and you for sure will get wet. If you want a quieter ride take the large boat (but it looked boring to me.) No need to rent for a wet suit since they provide optinal water proof jackets at launch sight. I got wet but wasn't especially cold just using the splash jacket. Saw bald eagles and river otters!

San Juan Capistrano, California
“Favorite experience of an out-of-towner!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family and I were on vacation for a week staying in Driggs, Idaho. We decided to do some white water river rafting and were recommended to go through Lewis and Clark. We were more than extremely satisfied! One of the best experiences I've had in a long time. Our guide, Luke, was hilarious and made the journey worthwhile. I was a little uneasy at first about going through some rough rapids, but Luke was more than confident and made everything fun and easy going! I would definitely recommend them over any other company. Everyone is so friendly and really justs want you to enjoy your experience. I would definitely go back in a heart beat! The river may have been rough, but that's what made it so much more exciting. We saw bald eagles and beavers, enjoyed some beautiful scenery, and just had a great time.

Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Rafting with Luke”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

What an amazing day on the Snake river! Our guide Luke was knowledgable, friendly, funny and extremely competent. We hit every rapid right down the middle but no one fell out of the boat. His leadership skills were a tremendous contribution to our outing! And on top of that we saw two bald eagles as well as many other animal sightings. An exciting afternoon I would recommend to anyone!! Thanks Lewis & Clark & Luke :)