“Great Experience”

Small Boats with Big Action
US$72.00*
Snake River Scenic Float with Teton Views
More attraction details
Owner description: Is it the guide? Is it the river? Is it the experience? Here at Mad River, we believe it is all three. Whether you choose a relaxing scenic float or an exhilarating whitewater adventure, you'll find our entire crew prides themselves in providing the very best, most exciting river trip you can take in Jackson Hole. Come, take a trip with Mad River. We guarantee it will be one you remember for a lifetime.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a great time! The staff was very helpful with our booking and check in process. Our guide was friendly, personable and knowledgeable. My 7 year old son says it was the best part of his trip. I would definitely go back to Mad River.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
MADRIVERJACKSONHOLE, Manager at Mad River Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you so much for letting us know how much fun you had. Under normal river flow conditions, we are happy to take kids ages 6 and up, and are always pleased to hear when the young ones love their experience. Come on back, and we'll get you in a smaller boat that will give him even more adventure!

There are newer reviews for Mad River Boat Trips

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Having never gone white water rafting before, I didnt know what to expect, but Mad River Boat Trips was really helpful and knowledgeable about everything. Our guide was great and made our experience even better. My only complaint would be that I initially booked my trip in a smaller boat, but when I showed up they apparently didnt have enough people signed up or something, so we ended up going on their bigger boats. I would have appreciated them letting me know this prior to me showing up the day of, so I could have gone a different day or something. They did give me a refund for the difference in cost, but I was a little bummed. The larger boat was still an awesome ride and I would recommend going with Mad River to anyone.

MADRIVERJACKSONHOLE, General Manager at Mad River Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hello JFomby,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your trip with us! You folks were some of the lucky few that got to experience high water on the Snake River this year. In fact, the day you went rafting, it may have even been the peak day for runoff with the Snake River flowing at approximately 22,000 CFS, or cubic feet per second. In comparison, our normal July and August flows can range from 2,500 to 6,000 cubic feet per second. Needless to say, the water was high on the day you went rafting which is exactly the reason we chose to run your trip in larger boats only. Small boats are more likely to flip in those conditions and when that happens at those fast flows, you are more likely to get pulled away from the boat and be flushed down the river where we can't get to you as quickly. When that happens, you get a long, cold swim and are exposed to a higher level of risk than we are comfortable with. It is for this reason that we choose to run larger boats that are more stable at those water conditions. It seems as though we might have seen the end of our runoff season this year, so if you are back in Jackson this summer, small boats are running again and we would invite you back to give the smaller boats a try.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We made a quick weekend trip to Jackson Hole which revolved around the rafting trip with Mad River Rafting Co. It was totally worth it. Top notch and friendly staff. You have to try these guys. I will be using them again next time.

MADRIVERJACKSONHOLE, Manager at Mad River Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We are honored that we were the catalyst for your trip to Jackson Hole! Glad to hear you had such a great time. We look forward to seeing you the next time you decide to get away for the weekend!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had an amazing experience with Will Walker as our guide. He kind of scared us in the preparedness part of the trip, but you need to be aware & know what you could face in case of worst case scenario. If anything bad were to happen, it would be because of a weak link in your raft (someone lily dipping or not paddling or paddling at all of the wrong times). One of our fellow rafters was awful and we still had a safe trip because of Will. You HAVE to do this if you are ever in Jackson. You will never regret doing this and it is the experience of a lifetime, dare I say the best experience of my life. Something you will never forget! Christine Nelson

Paddling is a very important part of rafting, and our guides do a very good job of making sure each rafter has the knowledge they need to become a good paddler. With that being said, there are some non-paddling positions on our 8-man and 16-man boats, so there are ways to take a break if you don't feel up to your game! Thanks so much for the great feedback, Will said he had a great time taking y'all down the river!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

First time white water rafting and from the beginning they put us at ease!. Everything was clean and organized. Our guide was very knowledgable and fun. We are looking forward to doing it again!

We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time rafting with us. We train our guides at length to make sure that first time rafters are equipped with the knowledge they need to become excellent paddlers. The next time you come with us, be sure to ask for our 8-man or 6-man boats, which will give you more adventure!