I read all of Tripadvisor reviews on the Wyoming Inn prior to choosing it for my trip to Jackson Hole in December 2013. Nearly all of the reviews I found were based on summer experiences, so I would like to give a skier's perspective of the place.
Location – close to Teton junction, but a bit removed from the heart of Jackson. There are a few good eateries within short walking distance (Rendezvous Bar & Grill is one place I would recommend), but if you want to eat in town, it is a 30 min walk or 5 min ride.
Transportation – the Inn provides a free 15 min shuttle ride to Teton Village, and there was enough room in the two vehicles to accommodate all of the guests and their gear (you should sign up a day in advance). The shuttle comes back at 4-30 pm, if you want to come back at a different time, there is a $3 public bus service. You can take the same bus to reach Snow King Resort (I did not go there).
Amenities – there is no pool, but I did not find it to be a problem. There is no ski/boot storage either – it is OK to take your gear with you directly in your room, which I personally found very convenient.
The whole foods store around the corner has a great selection if you do not feel like eating breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant (every room in the Wyoming Inn has a small fridge and Keurig coffee maker, with supplies replenished daily).
Other than that, I totally agree with other reviewers in that the place is more than worth the money your pay for your stay, and I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As our guests we invite you to experience western elegance & luxury awaiting your arrival at the Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole. Make yourself at home in our Grand Western Lobby with a wood burning fireplace and wild life art by award winning artist Thomas Mangelsen. Our guest rooms are beautifully appointed with western furnishings, flat screen TV’s, glass enclosed showers, granite counter tops, and cozy sitting areas. You’ll sleep peacefully on our Simmons pillow top mattresses dressed in lavish linens. Keuring coffee brewing systems along with a refrigerator and microwave provide additional comforts of home.Experience healthy and organic selections each morning in our Breakfast Restaurant with a menu created for your active lifestyle. Our Chef prepares daily breakfast specials that are certain to start your day perfectly. We are centrally located offering you convenient access to Jackson Hole activities that are sure to be on your agenda! Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and Jackson Hole Mountain Ski Resort are easily accessible. The Wyoming Inn is perfectly located for skiing, snowmobiling, wildlife viewing, hiking, fishing, rafting, and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson
- Wyoming Hotel Jackson Hole
- Wyoming Hole Jackson