“Excellent value, nice place!”

Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I checked in here after I had a bad skiing accident at Grand Targhee. In my opinion, this is one of the most excellent bargains at a "ski hotel" I have gotten. The rooms, and especially the bathrooms, are much nicer than a price point of $120 would indicate.

The staff has been very helpful to us as I have hobbled in and out of the place on crutches. The location is only a 3 to 4 minute drive from the town square. All in all, I'm very impressed and believe this hotel deserves the number two spot on trip advisor.

I have stated several other places in Jackson Hole. Compared with places like the Snake River Lodge, with the exception of the ski in ski out factor, this place is relatively better and a better bargain. I would definitely stay here when booking a ski trip in this area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbstinso
Mike S, General Manager at Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you very kindly for sharing your experience and thoughts about the Wyoming Inn Jackson Hole!

Our Inn rooms and amenities are beautiful and were selected to please every guest. We are delighted you enjoyed them as well.

My staff joins me in wishing you a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming you back to beautiful area again soon.

We do have an amazing staff and it was our pleasure to be of assistance during your visit with us.

Please take care,

There are newer reviews for Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I thought I liked this place the first time my wife and I stayed here a few years back. Now, after the extensive remodel, i know I LOVE this property. Unless your goal is ski-in, ski-out proximity to the slopes, I can't recommend the Wyoming Inn highly enough. The hotel is located right on the main drag and within a 3-minute drive to downtown Jackson. When you walk in you'll find a welcoming lobby with a wood-burning fireplace, plenty of stone and leather, and an efficient check-in process. Throughout the hotel, you'll find the art of nature photographer Thomas Mangelsen. Nice touch. There are 3 floors of updated rooms which in this posh area you might expect to drop several hundred dollars/night to enjoy. Here? For the top-of-the-line FP king we payed about $150. This is a STEAL! The room is spacious. Plenty of storage in the closet and dresser. HD TV. WIFI internet included. Terrific linens, A massive bathroom with double sinks built into granite counters. Drawers a plenty in the vanity. High-end toiletries. A shower that could hold a baseball team. Jetted tub? Nope. But that's about all you could possibly miss. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. Make sure to try breakfast downstairs adjacent to the lobby. It's not included but it's wonderful. The Wyoming Inn stands high on my list of preferred properties anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChiWeather
Mike S, General Manager at Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

On behalf of our staff and myself we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed our renovations and amenities.

Our web site is a clear reflection of our Inn rooms and guests have the opportunity to view their rooms prior to arrival. We pride ourselves on providing the best guest experience in Jackson Hole. We sincerely appreciate that you selected us for your next stay in our valley.

We are very pleased you enjoyed our Breakfast Restaurant! The food is delicious and prepared fresh insuring a healthy start to your day.

We look forward to seeing you again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I read all of Tripadvisor reviews on the Wyoming Inn prior to choosing it for my trip to Jackson Hole in December 2013. Nearly all of the reviews I found were based on summer experiences, so I would like to give a skier's perspective of the place.

Location – close to Teton junction, but a bit removed from the heart of Jackson. There are a few good eateries within short walking distance (Rendezvous Bar & Grill is one place I would recommend), but if you want to eat in town, it is a 30 min walk or 5 min ride.

Transportation – the Inn provides a free 15 min shuttle ride to Teton Village, and there was enough room in the two vehicles to accommodate all of the guests and their gear (you should sign up a day in advance). The shuttle comes back at 4-30 pm, if you want to come back at a different time, there is a $3 public bus service. You can take the same bus to reach Snow King Resort (I did not go there).

Amenities – there is no pool, but I did not find it to be a problem. There is no ski/boot storage either – it is OK to take your gear with you directly in your room, which I personally found very convenient.

The whole foods store around the corner has a great selection if you do not feel like eating breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant (every room in the Wyoming Inn has a small fridge and Keurig coffee maker, with supplies replenished daily).

Other than that, I totally agree with other reviewers in that the place is more than worth the money your pay for your stay, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Vladimir_9999

We sincerely thank you for sharing your winter skiing experience staying at the Wyoming Inn!

Our location is perfect for guests looking to ski Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Grand Targhee, and Know King. Our complimentary shuttle to Jackson Hole Mountain is so convenient for our guests and they are at the mountain for the first tram up every day. The Town of Jackson provides a complimentary bus service to down town Jackson and our guests find this very convenient as well.

The amenities in our rooms work very well for our guests. The mini refrigerators and microwave ovens provide numerous options and perfect for those late night snacks!

Again, we appreciate your time in sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyoming Inn soon!

Take care,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This was my second visit to the Wyoming Inn and the first since their extensive remodel and I must say the visit exceeded my expectations. The guest rooms and bathrooms have been beautifully updated with granite, beveled glass, artwork and wood that very much gives a visitor the feeling expected in Jackson Hole. What has not changed is the previously wonderful staff, beautiful lobby and the willingness of everyone to make your stay the very best. We had a standard queen room with two beds and it had all the amenities (large flat screen TV, Keurig coffee maker, frig, microwave, etc.) and plenty of room even for an 18-year old who stores everything on the floor.
I also like the Wyoming Inn for its great location. It is not in downtown Jackson Hole proper (Jackson Square) but a mile west on Broadway (the main drag). You do not need a car (the staff will pick you up at the airport) and the Wyoming Inn runs a free shuttle to the Jackson Hole Ski Resort and for everything else, my son and I were able to walk or take the free city bus. What is really nice is that Jackson Hole Snowmobile Tours (307-733-6850) is directly across the street for the absolutely must do snowmobile tour from the south gate of Yellowstone to Ole Faithful. Additionally, if you want to ski Grand Targhee, about an hour away in Driggs, Idaho, the Targhee Express (307-734-9754) picks up right across Scott Street at the Wyoming Lodge. Finally, the free city bus picks up on Scott Street (a 20-second walk out the hotel back door) conveniently picks up at 22 and 55 past the hour which makes 7:00 or 7:30 reservations downtown very easy. We loved the Blue Lion, The Snake River Grille and Local. The Snake River Grille is the top restaurant in town and if you want to dine on a weekend during ski season, you need to make a reservation by Thursday.
The only negative is that the excellent free breakfast and chocolate chip cookies at the Wyoming Inn are no longer offered. There is a very convenient sit down, menu service breakfast (excellent oatmeal $9) that works well before you head out for the day. If you do the snowmobile tour, they feed you breakfast and lunch as part of the tour.
All-in-all an outstanding experience. I would definitely stay at the Wyoming Inn again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: A young, honeymooning couple we met said they were in a King room with a fireplace and commented it...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Washington_DCCube

Thank you so very kindly for sharing your experience with us at the Wyoming Inn and for making us your home away from home. We sincerely appreciate the details you mentioned that make us the number one choice for your destination location in beautiful Jackson Hole Wyoming!

The renovations continue to delight our new and returning guests! Our quiet, clean, and well appointed accommodations and amenities are the finest offered.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. If I may be of any assistance in planning your next visit please contact me. Our Guest Services Staff are always available too!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Beautifully appointed hotel close to both skiing and town. Friendly staff at front desk and in restaurant. Our room was very comfortable. Free wifi and free laundry room. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: For an extra $20 a night we had a fireplace and bathroom as nice as one at home.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1Demi_12
Mike S, General Manager at Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

On behalf of our entire staff we thank you for selecting the Wyoming Inn as your home away from home. This skiing has been awesome and folks are enjoying the fresh powder!

We are have the best Guest Service and Restaurant staff in Jackson Hole! They truly enjoy sharing their love of our valley and the many activities there are here.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and please give us a call when you're ready to book your next visit with us.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times over the past 10 years and was pleased to see that it is as well kept as ever. It is a beautifully appointed hotel that tastefully captures "the spirit of the West" with professional photography at every turn. Staff were professional. My room was pristine, nicely appointed, and a reasonable size. The upgraded rooms with fireplaces are larger and worth the extra expense for both size and layout. Previously there was a common area with coffee and afternoon cookies but that has been sadly removed. There was a gym added since my last stay with good quality equipment, but has only 1 treadmill which seemed most popular and caused a wait. It is convenient to the center of town and only a few miles, but not an easy walk in snow-- most would need to drive. There is a shuttle, but I did not use it and don't know the details. Note to travelers: no pool, hot tub, or sauna here if you are looking for that. Still beautiful and my #1 place in Jackson after 10 years... But bring back the cookies!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike S, General Manager at Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you so very much for making the Wyoming Inn your home away from home for the past 10 years! Our renovations are luxurious and our amenities well appointed providing our guests with "the spirit of the west" hospitality at its finest.

We provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport as well as Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and our guests appreciate the convenience and service. The Town of Jackson provides a complimentary shuttle to the town square that is accessible from our Inn.

Our state-of-the-art Fitness Center continues to offer something for everyone. Our guests have their favorite work outs and we apologize for the delay you experienced. We thank you for utilizing the center while you were here and that your exercise program continued during your visit.

We appreciate being your #1 destination location and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

If we may be of any further assistance please contact me directly or our Guest Services staff.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I just finished spending a few nights at the Wyoming Inn and have nothing but great things to say about the staff and the inn.

I was warmly greeted at the front desk and they checked me in early giving me the opportunity to relax before an afternoon exploring the area.

The room was the best of the 4 locations during my vacation. Comfortable bed. Several leather chairs. Large TV. Nice bathroom with walk in shower. Window bench seat. And more.

No noise from the street or from other rooms.

It was a great experience and I would definitely visit again if in the area.

I did not eat breakfast at the inn so cannot comment on that.

A great choice when in Jackson.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Chef_Baboo

Thank you for selecting the Wyoming Inn Jackson Hole for your destination location! On behalf of our entire staff we thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We enjoy assisting our guests so they may have not only the very best of accommodations and amenities in Jackson Hole, as well as the experience they are looking for.

On your next visit we not only invite you to come back and stay with us, we would also like you to experience our delightful Breakfast Restaurant. Our guests can't get enough of the fresh, organic, and healthy menu selections.

Our renovations continue to provide our guests with luxury accommodations and amenities and we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us.

Please come back and see us soon!