“Best place to stay in Jackson Hole!”

Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Prescott
“Best place to stay in Jackson Hole!”
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Just home from a terrific 4 day stay the the Rusty Parrot. The ambience and service was perfect and the location couldn't be any better for someone who wants to walk around town. but still be away from the square. The breakfasts (included with your room rate) are extraordinary. The Wild Sage Restaurant is really really special (you NEED to eat there, even if you don't stay there!), and our dinner there was fantastic. But I think what I liked best is the unpretentious, low-key but very professional service. Everyone there was 'on point' to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I'm already plotting my next visit in the fall. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jackson. And just for the record, I've stayed in much more expensive, 'exclusive' resorts and The Rusty Parrot could school most of them. Kudos to management for hiring and training some really great staff.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
London
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I just love small hotels and this is a great one. It's part of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World association and it truly lives up to the standard. We only spent one night here, on our way home after leaving Yellowstone, but it was lovely.

It's about 3 blocks from the town square right in the middle of Jackson, so there's not a really a country feel, but it's great if you want to walk to dinner and around the town (very easy in Jackson). However, our room did face the parking lot (we had a standard king room with fireplace). But we got a rate of $365 which was pretty good for this hotel.

The service was great, and the rooms and decor were wonderful. I enjoyed a great massage in the small spa, and the breakfast (included) was fantastic and cooked to order with yummy choices in both the healthy and naughty categories. The best part had to be the bed which was a huge king with great linens and so soft that I could have spent years there. The bathroom was a decent size and the tub was a great one for soaking.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I recently returned from a five night stay. Before describing my experience further, I would like to explain my rating. I am giving it a 3 based on an average of my dinner at the Wild Sage Restaurant (which I rate a 1), the lack of response from management (which I rate below a 1), and the overall hotel experience (which I rate at least a 4).

Let's start with the negatives. The first night we arrived, we had dinner at the Wild Sage. My husband and I had an awful experience with our seating and with the service. Suffice it to say, it was no where near a four diamond experience. Please refer to my review on the Wild Sage restaurant for more details.

The worst part of that experience was the lack of response from the management. On two different occasions I asked to speak to Matt, the head chef and manager of the restaurant. He was not available either time. I then asked to speak to Ann, the general manager of the Rusty Parrot. Despite being on the premises, she was unable to make herself available to speak to me. I was promised by the staff that she will get in contact with me. During the following several days that I stayed at the Rusty Parrot, I was never contacted. It did not appear that the management had any interest in hearing what my complaints were and how they may be able to use that information to improve their facilities. That doesn’t speak well for them.

Now for the positives. The hotel is located a few blocks from the main street in Jackson. Our room was fair sized, well appointed and quiet. On arrival we found a plate of fruits and a welcome note. The bed was comfortable. The toiletries were L'Occitane. There were robes and slippers available. With turn down service came great chocolates. During the day, tea, coffee and cookies were left out in the lounge areas.

Breakfast was terrific. Every morning there was a spread of fresh fruit, fresh baked pastries and muffins, and granola. Juices were fresh squeezed. On top of that, there is a choice of 4 different hot breakfasts that changed daily. They were all wonderful especially the waffles, french toast and the huevos rancheros. The breakfast staff (Jeremy?) was also good enough to save us some muffins for our early morning departure.

I also had a treatment at the Body Sage Spa. I had the "four hands massage" which was an excellent experience. My two therapists were great. They were friendly and comfortable to be around. They provided a massage that was extremely relaxing and soothing.

Overall, despite the fiasco with dinner at the Wild Sage, we enjoyed our stay at the Rusty Parrot. If the management had been more responsive, this would have been a much better experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2009

The Rusty Parrot specializes in excellent service and great food, in our experience. We stayed for three nights in June and had two rooms for our party (two couples). The rooms were well-appointed and comfortable enough, though the lack of windows or outside deck was not so great. The in-room fireplace was a nice touch, though we didn't use it as it was too warm. All in all, the rooms alone didn't justify the price point, but came close.

However, when it comes to service, we've not stayed in a better place in Jackson Hole (and we have stayed in quite a number of local hotels). The front desk, bellman, and restaurant staff were all truly top-notch - from their friendly demeanor to their attention to every detail to their obvious desire to make sure this place stays in the top-ranked hotels in Jackson - they left no stone unturned for us. The cook-to-order breakfast each morning was skillfully prepared and served to us at our table by the chef himself. Besides the service, the food was seriously awesome. Where else does a cook-to-order Angus steak and eggs come with your room? We also tried the restaurant's small plates one night and their prixe fixe menu another. In both cases, there wasn't a single element to the meal that was less than stellar. My wife and I are both picky eaters and we finished every bit of food. The wine selection is excellent, as well.

Finally, both ladies in our party had massages at the hotel spa and both very much enjoyed themselves and raved about the skill of the masseurs. The whole stay was summed up when I came back to the hotel one evening and found my wife on the deck in the hot tub with a huge smile on her face. She looked at me and said 'this is the best vacation ever!'.

Thanks, Rusty Parrot, for getting me so many points during our stay ;-)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Southeast USA
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We recently stayed at the Rusty Parrot for a spring ski trip, and found it to be a totally charming small lodge on the edge of Jackson. The staff is attentive and helpful and the food is awesome! We will be going back, highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
New York, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2009

My boyfriend and I were unable to make our trip due to a last minute work problem. I called The Rusty Parrot immediately as our trip was a mere 2 days away. They reiterated their 21 day cancellation policy which I was fully aware of. I politely asked if there was any way that a portion of the $2000 I already paid could be applied to another stay. Mind you, I was already prepared to spend an additional $1500 at the spa and restaurant. Well, their answer was no. So, the room is currently empty and they have lost out on the money we would have spent while there. More importantly, they lost 2 well-healed travellers who will now be staying at another hotel in Jackson Hole. While I understand it's a small hotel and there are rules and regulations, one would think that in these economic times, customer service should be a priority over policies.

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank jpl422
RustyParrotLodge, Manager at Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2009
The Rusty Parrot has long been recognized for providing gracious western hospitality and personalized service to its guests. That’s a reputation we are proud of and a commitment we firmly stand upon. We periodically review our policies and make revisions that are appropriate based on changing conditions for our business and our guests. As a result of discussions arising from JPL’s situation, we have updated our booking policies to recognize the needs of our loyal guests and allow for more flexibility whenever possible. As always, we appreciate the feedback and invite our guests to contact us personally with any concerns as they arise.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 25 February 2009

My husband & I just completed our third stay at the RPL in Jackson Hole. We've written detailed reviews in the past so no need to repeat here. Just wanted to confirm that the breakfasts are still awesome, the staff still ultra-professional, the beds are the comfiest I've slept in away from home and the ambience remains cozy, friendly and welcoming. A continued 10/10.

This year we took advantage of their "Powder Package" although the snow didn't! It was true value for money. The local transit company Alltrans are now offering complimentary shuttles to/from Teton Village from the RPL (you also pick up at the Wort Hotel), at 8:30 AM (outbound) and 4:30 PM (inbound). We took the outbound every day, preferring the flexibility of the START buses for the return leg. That was a great service and a nice addition to our stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A&BWestbrook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Hotel Jackson
The Wort Hotel
The Wort Hotel
#11 of 40 in Jackson
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole

Been to Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!