We went to The Rusty Parrot in large part because Travel & Leisure magazine rated it the best hotel in America, or something along those lines. Upon checking in, we were truly baffled. The hotel is nice -- the rooms are pretty, the food is really good, and the service is friendly. But best hotel in America???? There is just no way that can be true. The hotel is located on the edge of the town, without any spectacular views, and the rooms are just average-sized (we stayed in a King room upstairs), with nice furniture and linens. The tub was slightly oversized, but the bathroom was generally pretty standard. If you are looking for a nice inn in Jackson, this is a good choice. If you are looking for something spectacular, as the reviews in Travel & Leisure suggest, you may be disappointed, as we were. In fact, we kept joking with each other all week -- "Well, we don't have a fridge in the room, or a view of anything but the parking lot, but it's the best hotel in America!" I don't want to disparage the place, as it was perfectly nice, but certainly did not blow us away as we were expecting based on what we'd read. Maybe if you stay in the fanciest room of all, you might feel differently, but we were left wondering how on earth Travel & Leisure gave it the review they did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The standard of the lodge industry, it is located in downtown Jackson, a stroll from all the touristy, but feels almost like country living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rusty Parrot Hotel Jackson
- Rusty Parrot Jackson
- Rusty Parrot Lodge And Spa Jackson Hole, Wyoming