“The perfect place to stay!”

Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Denver
“The perfect place to stay!”
Reviewed 27 February 2010

The Rusty Parrot Lodge is one of those places that make you want to come back over and over. Our stay this past fall was wonderful and we already can’t wait to return. From the minute we arrived, we were greeted warmly and by name, and then quickly shown to our room that was cozy, warm, inviting and spotless. You could tell the care and quality of the room by the handcrafted furniture and personal artwork. I wanted to pack the bed in my suitcase and take it home – it was amazing. Each day we had a delicious breakfast prepared by their chef and then looked forward to the fresh cookies and coffee in the afternoons. The location is perfect. It’s only a few blocks from the main town square allowing for a nice walk each evening, but set on a very quiet street. All of this would have been enough, but it wasn’t even the best part. It was the service that we received that has me writing this review. The staff from the moment we arrived made us feel like we were the only two people in the hotel. They made sure we had everything we needed at all times. The chef spoke to you, the front desk made sure you had reservations, directions and then asked how your hike was when you returned. It went right down to the turn down service that made you feel like this hotel thought of every detail. We will go back and we will tell everyone that this is the only place to stay in Jackson.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wylie50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
United States
Reviewed 4 February 2010

The Rusty Parrot could not have been a better choice for lodging for my stay in Jackson. The hotel itself is wonderful and cozy and the staff is fantastic! Everyone there, from the front desk to the restaurant to room services, went above and beyond to make my trip memorable. They were helpful with reservations and recommendations and didn't make a single bad suggestion. I will definitely be back to Jackson and when I do I will stay at The Rusty Parrot.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Taos
Reviewed 20 January 2010

The Rusty Parrot is a fabulous lodge located in a quiet area within walking distance of Jackson Square. The lodge has a great feel. As you enter, the restaurant is to your right and features an open kitchen, beautiful and cozy fireplace, and windows wall to ceiling overlooking a small park. The rooms have high quality linens, large L'Occitane amenities and delightful fluffy towels. The attention to detail is evidenced by the fresh flowers on the vanity and a teddy bear which is "hiding" in different locations of the room when you return each evening. Turndown service is complete with hand dipped chocolates and a western poem each night. The outdoor hot tub has high volume jets to ease away your aching muscles. Warm, Honest Hospitality prevails at this very luxurious and unpretentios lodge. The complimentary breakfast is a feast with the chef at the ready to cook your meal as you desire. Each morning there are new features of the day. Dinner is equally impressive, the preparation and presentation is over the top for such an intimate lodge

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Colorado
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I was in Jackson Hole for business meetings - this is not my first stay at this wonderful hotel. I just felt compelled to write because this hotel continues to amaze me. It always feels like i am coming home. The service is always great from the front desk, to the housekeeping and in the restaurant. The breakfast is fantastic with cuisine to fit any mood or diet, whether you are headed to mountain for a day of skiing and need delicious fortitude, or want something light. And there is nothing like fresh baked cookies in the afternoon, or a glass of wine at the end of the day in front of the warm fireplace.
The Rusty Parrot lodge is so much more than a hotel, it is a personal and wonderful experience - i always hate leaving - but always look forward to my return. There is no other place I would stay in Jackson.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We've been going to the Rusty Parrot for years and I look forward to each stay more and more. After hours of travel, we walk through the door and instantly start to relax. It must be the combination of the excellent service as soon as we pull up to the hotel and the aromas from the spa when we come through the door. We usually arrive in the afternoon in time for the chef's warm, freshly-baked cookies-- and they always keep hot coffee, tea, and cocoa out-- such a nice touch. The morning breakfasts are unbelievable. My husband and I travel all over the country for business and eat at a lot of fabulous restaurants, but nowhere have we had creative breakfasts that come close to those we've had at the Parrot. We were glad when the Wild Sage opened because it's lovely to go from your room (after a post-massage nap) right to a beautiful, intimate restaurant with excellent food. We are both vegetarians and although the menu often centers on regional (meat) specialties, they have always been highly accommodating about combining the very creative side dishes or making something special for us (like a wild mushroom risotto).

My husband loves summer and winter sports and Jackson is his favorite place to go. Although I like a hike now and then, I prefer shopping in town (the Rusty Parrot is just a couple blocks from the town square!), relaxing in front of the Parrot's huge fireplace, and settling into a comfy chair with a good book and cup of hot cocoa. I love that the Body Sage spa is right in the hotel. I can pad downstairs in my robe and slippers, get a fantastic massage, and go right back to my room and slide into bed. It's the ultimate relaxation and my idea of a great getaway from work. A person can go from a Type A personality to Type B in a New York minute. In our opinion, the Rusty Parrot is the best hotel in the country.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My mom and I stayed at the Rusty Parrot for 3 nights in late September in conjunction with a stay in Yellowstone and the Grand Teton's.
Although this hotel is almost double the price of the hotel we generally stay at in Jackson, the Wyoming Inn, we thought the extra luxury would really enhance our trip.
Upon arrival, after the long drive from mid-Utah, we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff. Cordial, helpful and quick to get us settled. They offered to help with our luggage, but the hotel does not have bell service. You get the feeling they will help with a large piece of luggage, but the smaller items are up to you.
Our room, on the second floor, faced the back parking lot and a private residence. Although there were some trees along the windows, the view had nothing to offer. But it was quiet. This was probably manly due in part that there was never more than a couple of cars in the lot - late September and a bad economy that seems to have kept a lot of people out of Jackson. The room was lovely, decorated in a high-end western theme. The bathroom was very pretty, with lovely tile, huge tub and great vanity products. Although lovely vanity products, they were not refreshed unless completely gone. I felt in a hotel charging approximately $450.00 per night, the vanity items should have been fresh and new each day. Overall, the room was of average size. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were also high end.
We were too tired to go out to dinner, so we ordered from their dining room, the Wild Sage, a couple of different items - salad, appetizers and dessert. All were excellentl, and the food seemed to live up to its reviews. We were looking forward to the included "made to order" breakfast as our dinner items were wonderful. Unfortunately, we were VERY disappointed in the breakfast. The hotels web-site had touted items such as Idaho trout, Rusty Parrot Eggs Benedict on croissant, steak and eggs, and Mexican Chilaquiles. Our breakfast fare on all three mornings of our stay was pretty basic and included standard fare of raspberry pancakes, various omelets, breakfast burrito and oatmeal. The standard fare may have been because the hotel didn't have many guests, but that is not fair! We were paying the same price as those when the hotel is busy. Whatever the reason, it was very average!
Now a 180 - we ate dinner one evening in the dining room, and it was EXCELLENT. The dining are with large fire place and windows is warm and charming. From the service, to the drinks, to the appetizer, to the entree' - it was wonderful. Beautifully prepared and presented and definately 4 star. The desserts were very good too, but the offerings seemed to lack the wow factor you would expect at a 4 star dining room.
The afternoon offerings of coffee, cocoa and cookies was nice, but again lacked what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. We recommended that at the least they could offer ice tea and mineral/bubbling water. Not everyone drinks coffee and cocoa.
As far as service, all hotel staff from the front desk, dining room and housekeeping were friendly and helpful. The one exception to the very good service was that we had to call housekeeping for toilet tissue. This is not an item a hotel like this should miss.
Overall, our stay was very good. In some ways, the restaurant met it's 4 star rating, in others, more like a 3 star.
For the price, I would probably re-consider staying again. I would recomment this hotel to a friend, but would note what I felt was lacking.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Love-Wyoming
Dublin
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed here 4 nights in late August. Rooms were excellent, lovely and spacious with a great tub. We've loved the teddy bear tthat greeted us in various poses each evening. Jackson is a small town so even though this is a few blocks from the centre it's a very central yet quiet location. Bed was very comfortable, my wife complianed to me that it was too big. Theres a nice deck and landing with tea but no coffee and nice cookies.

Downside? Service wasn't that good - breakfast is a bit of a fiasco. The room brochure says that breakfast at the Rusty Parrot is "relaxed" but it's anything but relaxed as you have to drift around waiting for a table. We asked about the procedure the first morning and were given a fairly curt instruction to come back later. No taking names or offering to let you have it in your room. Basically it's a luck-of-the-draw-first-come-first-served deal. Which is a bit much - it just seemed very disorganised.

That said, when you eventually get it it was very good.

So the only flaw was the frustratingly disorganised breakfast. The staff seemed to be working hard to get it to work at all.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Hotel Jackson
The Wort Hotel
The Wort Hotel
#11 of 40 in Jackson
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole

Been to Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!