“Definitely worth the money; made the trip for us!”

Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris - Day Tours
Full-Day Yellowstone Wildlife Safari Tour From Jackson Hole
US$765.00*
Sunrise or Sunset Private Wildlife Safari From Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris is a guide owned and operated business that strives to educate, entertain and connect our guests with this amazing place. Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality wildlife safaris by combining our love for this area with a desire to share this passion with you. Our guides will lead your safari with years of experience and first hand knowledge that can only come from living and breathing Jackson Hole, Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. All safaris include transportation, an experienced guide,snacks, binoculars, spotting scopes, wildlife and natural history books and a custom souviner water bottle to keep. Full day Safaris also include a gourmet picnic lunch served in the field by your guide with homemade cookies for dessert. *park entrance fees and guide gratuity not included.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was traveling with my sister and 3 kids, ages 6, 10, and 13. We'd never been to Grand Teton or Yellowstone, and weren't sure what we were doing. On a whim, I called Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris to set up one of their combo tours. Things didn't work out from our end, and I ended up having to change dates and tours 4 times - and Stacey, our contact at JHWS was gracious and patient through the whole ordeal. We ended up booking the private, full day tour and it was the best decision I made. I asked Stacey for a guide with personality - half joking, but knowing it would make the day better if we had someone fun. We had Josh as our guide, and he was awesome. Very knowledgeable, friendly, really nice to the kids - he chatted with us, and kept the kids - ALL of them - engaged. He also kept my sister and I engaged. We saw wildlife as we hoped, we saw great views, the lunch was quite nice. I've recommended this company, this tour, and Stacey and Josh to everyone. I've had 2 people already tell me they've booked with JHWS because of our great experience. I can't wait to hear from them, because I know they'll have a great time, too.

3  Thank llhayes2014
There are newer reviews for Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris - Day Tours

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Took this late afternoon tour in June and our guide Jenny was superb both on knowledge and being able to spot all sorts of animals. On out trip we had the privilege to see Bears (male, female and a cub) Moose, Buffalo, Coyote, Prairie Dogs, Elk and deer.
Jenny has expert knowledge on the areas animals even knowing the tag numbers, names of the bears and good contacts on where to find them on the bear network.
I would though ally recommend this trip to anyone, just remember animals are most active early morning or late afternoon/evening so for best results book one of these.

1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I spent 9 days exploring the Jackson Hole area and we elected to sign up for an afternoon Half Day Wildlife Safari. While we had good success spotting wildlife on our own, we wanted to be able to experience the opportunity to see more animals in some areas we had not yet been. We were so glad that we signed up for this trip.

Our guide was Seth and he was great. We only had a group of four people on our trip and Seth went out of his way to make sure that each of us was seeing the animals he was pointing out, either in the binoculars or in the high powered scope that he could set up for us. Seth also asked us if we were in any hurry to get back and when none of us were, he kept us out a bit longer so that we would have the opportunity to see more animals and scenery.

An added perk for me was that Seth is an avid photographer and he was not only keen to take photos of my wife and me, but he also was graciously providing tips on how to capture better images myself. It really made for a great trip.

We saw trumpeter swans, pronghorn, bison, moose, redneck grouse, harrier hawk, elk and osprey. We were a bit disappointed that we did not see any bear, but perhaps that was a good thing.

1  Thank TravelingTrophy
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Spent an incredible day touring Yellowstone with Jody as our guide. There is so much to see and do here and it can be overwhelming when you are trying to make sure you see all the best parts in just one day. Jody made sure that our time in Yellowstone was everything we were hoping for. He showed us beautiful vistas, incredible wildlife, and interesting geothermic features while keeping us comfortable, informed, and very entertained! Choose JH Wildlife Safaris and DEFINITELY choose Jody! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

After spending 3 nights in Yellowstone and seeing black and grizzly bears, elk, bison, mule deer, squirrels, wolves, and probably a couple I'm forgetting, we had yet to see a moose. We knew the chances were low because of low populations, but a kid on our tour actually spotted one before our guide, and we were able to see a young bull and a grown female - it was so cool! Fun way to spend a morning :)