“Great trip!”

Barker-Ewing Whitewater
More attraction details
Owner description: It's the Coolest Thing You'll Do All Summer! We've set the standard for Whitewater Rafting and Scenic Float Trips in Jackson Hole, Wyoming since 1963. We deliver The Trip of a Lifetime! Our mission is simple: uncompromising safety and unsurpassed personal service. Leave rush hour behind as our seasoned and knowledgeable staff brings their best in offering you a refreshing pace in roomy boats. Whether whitewater rafting or scenic floating, we invite you to join us on the Snake River this summer!
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on an 8 person whitewater rafting trip. It was my first time and I absolutely loved it! Our guide was great and was not only helpful/knowledgable about rafting but he also shared great information about the area. Our guide was Ben. I definitely recommend going!

2  Thank Smccann106
Barker-Ewing, Owner at Barker-Ewing Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thanks for your review Smccann106! The Snake River is definitely a great river for beginners, fun for those of us that have rafted before too. I'm glad you had a memorable first experience, and I hope one day you'll return for your next adventure on the Snake. I'll pass along your kind words to Ben. Happy New Year!

Heather Ewing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,987)
All reviews
in 121 reviews
"lunch counter"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Our family of six shared the raft with a family of five and it just could not have been better. Tristan was our guide, he was extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable. We had children in the raft ranging from two teen boys (ours) on down to two 8-year old little girls. Tristan knew the teen boys could help the adults with the heavy paddling and placed the smaller kids around the raft in the safest yet maybe the biggest splash zones for exhilaration. He took us down the river and we had a combination of easy floating and then difficult rapids that were a thrill without being too scary. It was the most expensive thing we did on our entire family vacation (national parks are cheap, of course) but was worth every penny and I'd have even paid more. It was a memory our family will remember for a lifetime.

4  Thank hazasaem
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had 2 families that took the scenic white water rafting with breakfast combo trip. Our kids were ages 8 to 16, and we were all in the same raft. The ride was awesome and the breakfast was fantastic. We were able to swim by the raft during the slow period and hit a few good white water spots that rocked the entire boat. We would do this again.

1  Thank 164JohnG164
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The white water, half-day rafting trip was exciting and very enjoyable. We met in town at the store front of the company, where wet suits and booties were available to rent (for an additional $10). The group was then picked on a bus and brought about 35 minutes away to the drop off location. I was in a boat that carried a total of 8 passengers, plus the guide. We were in the water for about an hour, and I felt very safe the entire time. There were a variety of rapids; some big, some small. Regardless of the size, we were drenched by the end of the trip! Aside from moving through the rapids, this trip was also scenic and allowed me to see a different part of the Snake River. I did think there would be more “action” involved. From reading previous posts, I thought we would have to paddle more as a group, but we were really only required to paddle through the rapids and a few other times. In all, this whitewater rafting was a fun introduction to the sport, and I would recommend this to couples and families alike.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We did the "Early Morning" float trip a few days ago. . .it was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour trip, but we were barely on the water for an hour. It was on one of the most un-scenic stretches of river (lots of construction, development, etc.). We realized after stopping at our pull out point that the boat would stay there for the next group - the lunch float trip - which goes for 13 miles down the river from out "getting out" place, and which I'm sure was a much better experience. Save the money and skip the early morning float, or book with another company that chooses a more scenic stretch with more time on the water.

Barker-Ewing, Owner at Barker-Ewing Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Answerisyes,
We strive to give each and every one of our guests the trip of a lifetime, and this includes being well-informed in the reservation process as well as enjoying time on the river. It's unfortunate to hear that you didn’t enjoy your float trip with us this summer. “Un-scenic” is not a descriptor that’s typically associated with this trip. We do like to include the round trip time in our advertising, so that guests can plan the appropriate amount of time to set aside during the day. Although the short nature of our First Light Float is often used as a selling point for guests looking to fill their day with numerous activities, sometimes that information can be misconstrued. All of our reservation staff is instructed to quote trips times in both door-to-door and on-water increments, with no intent of misrepresentation. In the future, we will continue our dedication to go above and beyond for each of our guests. Thanks sincerely for your comments, Answerisyes.
Heather Ewing