“Such Fun”

Bar-T-5 Covered Wagon Cookout
Reviewed 23 August 2011

The slightly hokey side of this event was eminently appropriate for our first night in Wyoming with our 21, 20, 16, and 8 year old children. Along with ample food, music, and some audience participation, the highlight was our covered wagon driver who was the real deal: a down home girl who knew her horses, her history, and loved meeting people and getting to know them. A really fun night that got even the more skeptical of our children to relax and have fun!

2  Thank Hamiwash

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Kind of touristy but it really was fun. Not fine dining but authentic and the show with audience participation had everyone laughing. Would recommend this especially for families.

1  Thank Familytrip55555
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We had visited the Bar-T-5 several times in the past but hadn't been there for several years. I'm happy to report that it's as good as ever. Everything from the ticketing, parking, introduction to Bar-T-5, covered wagon ride up Cache Creek Canyon, dutch oven dinner, and entertainment were exceptional. The food, in particular, was excellent. Our barbecue chicken fell off the bone, and the roast beef was delicious. We were afraid our teenagers might find the experience too schmaltzy, but they enjoyed it as much as we did. It's not the cheapest ticket in town, but it's well worth the cost and time.

1  Thank Kevin577
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We had such a great time at the Bar T 5 chuck wagon cook out. This business is well run and well organized. We received a phone call the day before making sure we had directions. The young men and women who drive the wagons mingle with you as you wait and are very friendly. Our driver, Megan, was excellent. She even got my two typically shy boys talking! The whole atmosphere is very family friendly and fun. The food was better than I expected and the blondie brownies for dessert were really yummy. The show was funny and the band was amazing. The fiddler was the highlight of the show for my family. He was so very very good. On the way home everyone from my 66 year old father to my 8 year old son said it was one of their favorite parts of our trip west! I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Megan R
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Other reviews pretty much nailed it. You don't go for the food, although the foods okay. You go for the experience. The whole show from the moment you arrive to when you return is good quality entertainment and very polished. In fact, that would be my main criticism, that the whole event was a little too 'canned' for me. However, my kids liked it alot. The fiddle player was amazing. The rest of the music was pretty good too. The behind the scenes staff were the best - they really made everything go smooth. If you vision yourself around a campfire eating western slop, than this is not for you. But if you want a unique experience with good food, entertainment and a great staff with some corny features, than you will have a great time here.

2  Thank Sdmandich