“What fun!!”

Wildland Llamas
Ranked #44 of 74 Tours in Jackson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hike deep into the breathtaking backcountry of Yellowstone National Park, the Tetons or other areas around Jackson Hole, Wyoming on one of our guided llama treks! With the option of leading a llama or hiking independently, you will set off with your group and guides into the stunning Wyoming wilderness, leaving the crowded highways behind you. Hiking through deep Lodgepole pine forests, across vast meadows, over rivers and streams, and past fields of wildflowers, you will experience first-hand the wild side of these mountains. We will keep our eyes out for wildlife, which is abundant. Our llama treks are all-inclusive, multi-day hiking and camping tours in Yellowstone National Park, the Tetons and around Jackson Hole. All trips originate in Jackson Hole, Wyoming where we provide roundtrip transportation. These trips are all-inclusive so you can focus 100% on hiking, camping and enjoying all Wyoming has to offer.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 September 2013

cannot convey how great it was to deal with this outfitter. truly professional from start to finish. my wife and i joined two other couples on a trip into the jedediah smith wilderness. jill and dave ((the outfitters) thought of everything. and the llamas were really cool as well. beautiful hiking, a great camp, super food and company. when you go, ask for Magel! and jill shares her great recipes too.

1  Thank Jeddean
There are newer reviews for Wildland Llamas

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

So unique and special. Llamas pack your gear for an amazing hike and camping trip. Friendly and accommodating hosts provide information, food, and a welcome environment. Felt like family by the end. Beautiful hikes and well prepared hosts. Would love to travel with them again!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was an unforgettable experience on the Coal Canyon trail. The llamas were exceptional--friendly, curious and funny. Our 9-year-old daughter and the two of us had a wonderful time hiking the trail (very simple for non-experienced hikers), and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. Jill, Dave and Kristin were awesome guides and they (as well as the llamas) felt like family from the start. The memories shaped on this excursion will surely last a lifetime. We can't wait to return and do another hike! We hiked with tennis shoes and changed into water shoes for the very gentle creek crossings. Be sure to bring cameras for incredible scenery!

3  Thank Vanessa O
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I had the wonderful pleasure of hiking with Jackson Hole Llamas while in Wyoming in July 2013. It was a great day. My llama was named Lucy and she was just the cutest thing. They were really gentle and walked at my pace. The weather was perfect and we hiked about 2 1/2 miles and then had a great lunch by a creek. The food was fresh and very good; we had delicious cookies for dessert. Jill and Dave were great hosts and knowledgeable about the area. It was something I wanted to do and my husband at first was not real crazy about the idea. But at the end of the day he said it was great and his llama, Hode, was really funny. All in all, it was just a wonderful way to spend the day in the wilderness. We would definitely recommend Jackson Hole Llamas to others.

3  Thank Nancy49004
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I along with our 2 children and their families (11 of us) had the pleasure of a day hike with Jill and Dave on June 21. I booked this trip because 5 of our group were children from 10-14. I must admit that I thought the idea of hiking with llamas was a gimmick and that the adults would simply accept this outing as an event for the children. Boy, was I wrong. It turned out to be the highlight of our week-long trip to Jackson Hole. That's not because we didn't do other great things; it's simply that this trip incorporated so many pleasurable experiences. It turned out that even the adults loved hiking with the llamas. Beyond that we liked the beauty of the area in which we hiked. Breaking for a lunch in a beautiful area near a stream was an event in itself. Jill and Dave Hodges are more like friends than guides. We enjoyed spending the day with them. They are quite knowledgeable about the area and could and did answer any and all questions. We got a kick out of walking through several streams even though the water was chilling. We even saw a moose, and the children played in a small patch of snow. This is a trip we would have enjoyed even without the children. I failed to mention that the weather was also perfect - sunny and pleasantly cool. If you are looking for a great family or group outing in the Jackson Hole area, you'll enjoy this one.

4  Thank FrankBSC