“Oasis in the Heart of Jackson” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Buffalo Club - Hotel

White Buffalo Club - Hotel
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Park City, Utah
“Oasis in the Heart of Jackson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

While on a motorcycle trip to Yellowstone, I booked 2 nights at The White Buffalo. I've been (and stayed) to Jackson before, but this time needed a place to stay, dine and workout after 2 days of 6 hour+ riding. The White Buffalo delivered on everything AND is an easy 2 block walk to the center of town. Food is superb. Rooms are very good and since it's a boutique hotel, the experience is warm and personal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WBCGM, General Manager at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your gracious comments, as we do appreciate hearing back from our guests. It sounds like you were able to enjoy the many facets of our establishment. Not all guest take advantage of our complimentary Yoga & Fitness classes or even the full workout facility. I am glad you were able to use all of the wellness aspects of the Club, as our massage therapist are fantastic and personal instructors are highly skilled and experienced. Please let us know when you will be back in this area, as we would greatly enjoy if you chose us again for your lodging provider.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? Fantastic bath tub for two, loved the decor, great location, washer and dryer in each room, restaurant is great, laid back feel about the place, and customer service was tops! One stay, we were riding our motorcycles through as the weather turned bad and they allowed us to store them for a short period in the heated garage. We've stayed there twice in the last month and because it was such a great experience both times, it will be the only place we consider moving forward.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We do try very hard to ensure our guest are well taken care of. I am really glad you were able to dine in our very own USDA Prime Steakhouse & Bar, as it is truly one of the best restaurants in the valley. I look forward to your next stay!
Portola Valley, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had planned a special graduation trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks with my two daughters, only to have the US Government shut down the park system the day before we were scheduled to travel. When I called the White Buffalo Club (at which I had booked a two-room Suite at over $500) asking whether I could reschedule my reservation, I RECEIVED NO CONSIDERATION WHATSOEVER OF MY REQUEST. THE RESERVATION AGENT WOULDN'T EVEN CONNECT ME WITH HER MANAGER, SAYING HE WOULD ONLY ENFORCE THE SAME RIGID CANCELLATION POLICY.

Believe it or not, BOTH other hotels granted me full refunds, AS DID UNITED AIRLINES (even without a rebooking fee!). BUT NOT THE WHITE BUFFALO CLUB.

I will never stay there again! The least they could have done is been considerate to me, let me speak with the manager, apologize kindly, etc. Even a partial refund would have made me feel better.

DON'T STAY AT THE WHITE BUFFALO CLUB.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ARW4028
I greatly apologize that you were unable to make the trip to Jackson Hole, as the area has a lot more to offer than just the National Parks. There were many individuals affected by the park closures and many Jackson travelers who were unable to cancel outside of the parks with their chosen lodging providers, especially within 24 hours to arrival as in your case. as explained, the reason your other lodging arrangements were cancelled was due to being inside of the park boundary and could not honor your reservation.

As explained by staff, they did not have the authority to change policies and since the time of your call was far later than normal hours of operation, a manager was not available to discuss the possibilities of a refund. Unfortunately you were unable to stay and enjoy the many benefits of the Club including 24-hour full fitness center, day spa, USDA Prime Steakhouse and all of the areas many activities right here in Jackson, outside of the National Parks. Although the parks closed, Jackson was open for business and many travelers were able to experience the beautiful area and multitude of activities prevalent in the area. As instructed by the agent, it would be very beneficial to leave a message with the appropriate personnel to discuss further. Unfortunately you chose not to leave a message or call back to speak with any representative and discontinued the call very promptly. We would have been more than willing to assist you in resolution in a efficient and timely manner had this been discussed further. During the shut down we were able to handle all issues in a case-by-case manner and assisted many travelers in very similar circumstances.

Our cancellation policies are very clearly explained and presented during the booking process. Your reservation made online even has an extra step to confirm that the policies are understood before continuing. We also see that travel insurance was recommended and declined. Once again I greatly apologize for the misunderstanding, as the time was upsetting for a lot of people nationwide. I hope one day you will actually be able to experience this iconic location and see what Jackson has to offer.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Love this spot! I have stayed here twice, once in the main building and once in the new condo type suites that reminded me of a Soho loft. I enjoyed both spots equally! This last stay, I was in the main building and enjoyed a fireplace suite. Super cozy on a chilly Jackson evening! My husband and I sat on our patio by the fire (fireplace can be seen inside and out), enjoyed a bottle of wine and the chilly mountain air. Very romantic! The fitness center (which is huge!) is in the main building, and I enjoyed taking advantage of the free yoga and zumba classes. How fun! The location is just perfect too - a quick walk to the main town square and we were right in the middle of shopping, dining and nightlife. We were told that the ski resort was only a 20 minute shuttle ride (which they offer), so we may take advantage of this new favorite spot again in Jackson! Love it!

Room Tip: Get a fireplace suite in the main building!
1 Thank ParkCityPrime
Your kind words are much appreciated! All of our rooms have spacious King Beds and our fireplace suite is the most popular room for its ambiance and romantic feel. You can also enjoy the deep soaking tubs, tiled showers, and washer/dryers in all of the White Buffalo Club Suites.

I am really glad you were also able to stay in one of our Miller Park one Bedroom Condominium Suites. These are really nice as all have high loft ceilings, full kitchen, living room, and bedrooms. They even have balconies that you can take in the fresh mountain air or sip on your morning coffee. Thanks for choosing The WBC, and we look forward to your return!
Provo, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

The white buffalo club was a very nice hotel, right in the heart of Jackson. Close to downtown, we were able to walk to anything we wanted to do there. We stayed here both on the way to and from Yellowstone and was a perfect place to stay. The Cellars restaurant downstairs is pretty pricey, but very delicious, one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. The rooms were clean and nice, the beds were very comfortable, and they have a nice exercise facility downstairs. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly and told us some of the fun places to visit just outside the Jackson area. The only downside is that the underground parking is small, only holds 8 cars, so most of the time we used the lot behind the hotel. We would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. As mentioned we have a very friendly staff and try to make every guest stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the White Buffalo Club over our anniversary as a getaway. We were pleasantly surprised by the front desk staff (super nice and helpful) and the appointments in the room were excellent - large TV's, kitchenette and fridge, etc. The only thing missing was a corkscrew (for that late night glass of wine), which the staff brought up on request immediately! The location was stellar, just a block or two from the Jackson square and all the shops/restaurants that you'd ever want. We barely used our car (only for a side trip to the Tetons/Yellowstone) - the rest of the time everything was close enough that we just walked. Overall, great getaway and I would highly recommend the White Buffalo Club for your next trip to Jackson!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WBCGM, General Manager at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay and take advantage of our close proximity to downtown amenities. I look forward to your next visit to Jackson!
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

If you are searching for THE place to stay in Jackson, THE WHITE BUFFALO CLUB IS NOT IT !!! After a week in the National Parks, my wife and I were very much looking forward to our first visit to Jackson and treating ourselves to the quite expensive White Buffalo Club Luxury hotel with their advertised “Platinum / 5 Star” accommodation for 3 nights...having researched well in advance, I booked the White Buffalo Club based on the information and pictures on their web site and I'm still regretting that decision. Checked in, opting to wheel our own bags, we were told there was a luggage trolley in the garage in case we needed one and we could park our car in the garage around the corner and if it was full just come back and we’ll show you where another parking lot…5 star ??? Not so far…upon opening the door to our suite, it was quite apparent that this very dark room was large but 60+% of the space was a huge horseshoe shaped bar with several stools and twin large screen TV’s, which can only be viewed if you were sitting at the bar ???...Cool if we wanted to party with 20 of our closest friends for a night or perhaps a host a stag party ??? Not one to complain, we kindly approached reception once again to simply ask if this was the correct room we reserved or was there a mistake because it seemed like a function room with a bar and a small bedroom attached and, oh yeah, no closet ??? After we were told the hotel was full, I asked twice if this was a normal suite in the hotel or a special party room ??? Never getting a reply, we were offered another room "in the new section" and settled for that to at least lose the nightclub atmosphere and gain a closet to hang our clothes...VERY disappointed and frustrated that we were now left with little choice or service, we once again very calmly approached reception to simply state that we didn't think it was right that we booked so far in advance what we understood to be one of the White Buffalo Clubs best rooms and happily paid the 5 star rate in advance for 3 nights to now have to settle for some "privately owned" 3 star at best dark small room in the next building over with zero 5 star amenities !!! The nice young gentleman managing reception simply told me "sorry I don't agree with you, it’s a nice room for Jackson and the price is that same as what you paid” Really??? Is it policy to tell a customer you don't agree ??? This place should call Anthony from "Hotel Impossible" before it's too late !!! At the end of the story, the White Buffalo Club is NOT a 5 or even a 4 star property based on our experience traveling all over the planet for 30+ years...The reality of The White Buffalo Club is NOT what they advertise, NOT what we expected of a premium property anywhere and certainly NOT what we paid for !!! Very disappointed…be careful here, we heard from the locals that our experience is more the norm than the exception…

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul B
WBCGM, General Manager at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
I am greatly sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay. Although I disagree with much of the statements, we always appreciate feedback good or bad. There are many avenues in which to book properties in today's internet based society. Please contact us before or after booking to ensure that the room you are booking fits your specific needs. We have 10 different style rooms and all are a bit different from each other. We try very hard to find the best fit for each customer depending on their specific requests or needs. If we are not aware of these requests it makes ensuring a perfect fit much more difficult.

As a high end establishment, we follow certain protocol during check in and check out procedures to try and be as accommodating as possible. Due to some guest’s preferences, we respect their decisions for space but do try and assist in every way possible. As you may have read in other reviews, the procedures you state are not the way we run our establishment. We take guest service very serious at this Hotel and pride ourselves on using every effort to try and ensure the most enjoyable stay possible for each guest.

I hope that your travels become more enjoyable in the future, and that you can take away something from your stay here. I wish you the best and hope that will allow us to prove that your experience was not the norm and quite the opposite.

Thank you for your review.