“Best time in bad conditions I've ever had...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JHtrout Fly Fishing

JHtrout Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am the only guide for JH Trout so when you book a trip with me you know that I will be your guide and not just someone who works for my company. I am one of the few guides who can guide in Grand Teton Nat'l Park. As a guide in Jackson, WY I have the ability to guide many different rivers and lakes in the region. Through a permit system I can guide rivers in the Pinedale area, The South Fork in Idaho, Yellowstone Nat'l Park, and rivers around Jackson including permits that allow me to guide the Snake River in Grand Teton Nat'l Park. Multiple boat trips are also an option. Please go to my website to learn more about my guide service or contact me with any questions or to book a fishing trip.
Mobile
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best time in bad conditions I've ever had...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We visited Jackson Hole in late May when the rivers were raging, and Neil tried to talk us out of fishing because of the conditions, but we insisted. We just wanted to get the motions down in learning to fly fish - we weren't looking for any trophies.

He met us in the morning with all his gear ready to go and escorted us to the only open sporting goods store in town for a fishing license. He ensured we had warm enough clothes and lunch to eat, and even brought snacks just in case.

He was a very cool guy - very laid back. I knew from the start: this day was going to be pleasant.

His fascinated us with stories as he expertly paddled us down the raging Snake River. He knew all the wildlife there - all the birds flying by and his eye was keen for every bit of it. He knew the river like it was his own.

When it came time to fish, he got me fishing in minutes. Even though it was daunting being my first attempt, he put me at ease with encouragement and got me up and running quick. Before the second stop, I felt I was getting the hang of it. It became so much fun, I began to wish the river wasn't raging.

The conversation was wonderful - I learned more about Jackson Hole in one day than I had in my previous two trips alone. It's the best time you can have fishing without catching a single fish. I don't know what his clients must experience when the conditions are good and they actually do catch a fish, but it must be akin to winning $500 in blackjack with nothing but house money.

I can't wait to come back to fish the Snake River with Neil again.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank FerrillGibbs

Austin, Texas
“I've never enjoyed fly fishing so much”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

My wife and I fished the Snake with Neil Chamberlin in August of 2010. We floated up in Grand Teton National park and had a wonderful day. The big cutthroat were eating dry flies all day, the river was gorgeous, and Neil seemed to know all the fish by name. We had a great experience and we'll be back

Jackson, Wyoming
“Great fish, Good Guy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

As a local I've fished with Neil all over Wyoming and Idaho, he definitely knows how to get me on big fish. His knowledge of trout fishing techniques and methods is top notch coupled with a good conversation makes for some outstanding days on the river. One of the best guides in WY. Thanks Neil!!

Houston, Texas
“Great Guy and Great Fisherman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

Neil is an awesome dude with a ton of fishing knowledge. Whether you are a novice or experienced fisherman, you will learn a lot and are guaranteed to have a great time.

TM

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great time on the Snake River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

Neil is a wonderful guide and teacher. Whatever your fly fishing skill level you will be sure to enjoy your time on the river with Neil. He knows the water and the sport.