“Best fishing guide in Jackson”

JH Trout Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am the only guide for JH Trout so when you book a trip with me you know that I will be your guide, not just someone who works for my company. I am one of the few guides who can guide in Grand Teton Nat'l Park, this is done as an employee of Grand Teton Fly Fishing who is the permit holder. As a guide in Jackson, WY I have the ability to guide many different rivers and lakes in the region. Through a permit system, in which I work off of other companies permits, I can guide rivers in the Pinedale area, Yellowstone Nat'l Park, the Salt River, and rivers around Jackson including permits that allow me to guide the Snake River in Grand Teton Nat'l Park (via Grand Teton Fly Fishing). Multiple boat trips are also an option.
South Jordan
“Best fishing guide in Jackson”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have been using Neil as a guide for both personal and business fishing trips since 2009. I would consider myself and avid fly fisherman and a DIY kind of guy. However, each time I have fished with Neil I am humbled at the new techniques that he shares with me. I only wish I had more time for more trips. In 2013 we had very successful floats on the South Fork in Idaho and the Snake near Jackson. I can't wait for the 2014 season! Thanks for the memories Neil!

Visited September 2013

Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“very professional fishing guide”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have had the pleasure of being guided by Neil several times and the bottom line is that he is one of the most enjoyable and knowledgable guides i have ever fished with. On my last trip I brought along my beautiful fiance who is a bit of a novice. Not only was Neil very patient with her (much more so than i ever am, apparently!), but he got her into fish. I highly rec Neil.

Visited July 2013
nbc4784, Owner at JH Trout Fly Fishing, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thanks for the review Bob. I hope you had some good fall fishing back in the Northeast.

Neil
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Awesome day on the Snake”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Neil picked me up at my condo and we fished hard. An awesome float and a little spring creek and I caught several nice fish. The scenery was breathtaking. He is an incredible guide and I have referred him to a handful of people, who have used his services and caught lots of fish. A++ in my book

Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great fly fishing experience”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of having Neil as our fly fishing guide during our honeymoon. He went out of his way to make sure our experience was top notch. Both of us were novices but caught tons of fish with the help of his expertise ( I think my wife caught more). Neil made sure we each had a chance to catch fish in different situations and with different types of flies so that we could enjoy the whole fly fishing experience. His knowledge of the river and fly fishing along with his easy going personality made the trip enjoyable. You can't go wrong with choosing this guy for your fly fishing trip.

Visited October 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great guide on a great river!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Fished the Snake for first time with Neil recently. Had a great time. Neil matched the trip to our experience, knew the river intimately, and made the extra effort to make sure we had a chance to get into bigger fish. I have fished with different guides over the years out West, and Neil is on par with the best of them.

Visited August 2013