“Neil is excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JHtrout Fly Fishing

JHtrout Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am the only guide for JH Trout so when you book a trip with me you know that I will be your guide and not just someone who works for my company. I am one of the few guides who can guide in Grand Teton Nat'l Park. As a guide in Jackson, WY I have the ability to guide many different rivers and lakes in the region. Through a permit system I can guide rivers in the Pinedale area, The South Fork in Idaho, Yellowstone Nat'l Park, and rivers around Jackson including permits that allow me to guide the Snake River in Grand Teton Nat'l Park. Multiple boat trips are also an option. Please go to my website to learn more about my guide service or contact me with any questions or to book a fishing trip.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Neil is excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I fished 3 days with 3 different guide services. Neil was by far the best. I highly recommend him while in the Jackson area.

Visited July 2014

State College, Pennsylvania
“07/06/2014 Trip with Neil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Neil went above and beyond in all aspects of our fly fishing trip! A day on the stream I won't forget for a long time.

Thanks!

Kirk and Nicole

Visited July 2014
Fort Collins, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Guide Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I have employed many guides over several years on many different rivers and we both feel like Neil was the best guide we've ever had! Neil knows his river, knows his fish, knows his flies and put together an excellent day on the river for my husband, our adult daughter and myself. He was a patient teacher with each of us--knowing how to teach according to our different levels of ability and experience. He provided an outstanding day for each of us that surpassed all other fishing experiences we've had. You can confidently book a great day fishing with Neil!

Visited June 2014
Hereford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“100% Recommended - outstanding instructor and guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Neil managed to help me out with a late booking (although I'd recommend booking early). He was extremely accommodating and patient - my wife and I had never fly fished before. Despite this, Neil was more than happy to take the two of us on a full days trip. Noting our lack of experience, he tailored the perfect day out to ensure that we would benefit from water that was suited for beginners along the South Fork in Idaho. We both caught a ridiculous number of trout and mountain whitefish thanks to his knowledge and coaching! The lunch half way down was perfect as was his knowledge of the surrounding wildlife which was a nice bonus. I really couldn't have asked for anymore. Neil is a phenomenal guide with great ethics to ensure that the waters and fish are respected. I can't recommend Neil highly enough.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Loulanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fishing on the Snake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I fished with Neil on the Snake in late June, and had an excellent time. First, I was very impressed with Neil’s preparation for our trip. He was extremely knowledgeable about all the rivers in the area and selected the Snake over several others based on his research in the days leading up to our planned trip.

Once we started fishing, Neil selected areas that he knew would offer the best fishing based on his familiarity with the river and the specific fishing conditions for that day. Additionally, Neil provided me with options to fish different areas and target both quantity and quality of fish.

As we fished, Neil was extremely helpful with instruction on casting, reading the water, and various other questions that I had. As a result, I ended up catching more cutthroat trout than I could count.

I would highly recommend Neil to anyone interested in a fly fishing trip. His knowledge, patience, and passion for fly fishing make him an ideal guide for both beginners and those who have more experience. I’m looking forward to my next trip to Jackson and will definitely book another day of fishing with Neil.

Visited June 2014