“I Hope There Isn't A Word Limit on How Much Good We Can Say!”

More attraction details
Owner description: Please join me on a private, Jackson Hole Photographic Scenic and Wildlife Safari through Grand Teton National Park with me as your experienced guide. I will provide you with a unique opportunity to explore the unparalleled scenery and wildlife surrounding Jackson Hole. Grizzly and black bears, moose, elk, mule deer, bison, pronghorn, eagles and wolves are just some of the wildlife we often experience. With my visual and ethical appreciation for the environment I' am anxious to share my passion with all my guests. I guarantee I will be your guide. I offer over 39 years of experience in seeking out the elusive wildlife that inhabits the region and extensive knowledge on the best locations to view and photograph the picturesque surroundings of Grand Teton National Park. I offer only one Safari Tour per day and each tour is individually customized. All tours include fresh morning glory breakfast muffins, refreshments and of course the use of high quality Nikon binoculars, and Swarovski spotting scopes, as well as tripods and rain-gear. Please be sure to check out the rest, and see why people choose Paul Martin's Photo Safaris. I sincerely hope I can be part of your amazing Jackson Hole adventure! --Paul
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“I Hope There Isn't A Word Limit on How Much Good We Can Say!”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

When our group of 5 (3 adults, one eighteen-year-girl and one twelve-year-old boy) was making plans for our first trip to Jackson, WY to visit the area, particularly Yellowstone and Grand Teton NP, we researched for the best way to maximize our time and our money while satisfying everyone's interests. We were not familiar with the parks or the region. In our research (including through TripAdvisor), we came across Paul Martin's Photo Safaris. We read the reviews, spoke with him on the phone and visited his website. His personally guided tours seemed to be the best bang for our buck and our time. From the first contact with us by phone to the drop-off at our hotel on our 2nd tour, (we did the 12-hour Yellowstone tour, as well as the Sunset Dinner tour) Paul was always professional, respectful, knowledgeable and efficient. It was always obvious to us that his goal was to make our experience with him the best he could offer. He did an exceptional job accommodating a tween and a teen's interests, personalities and food selections, as well as for the adults. He was sincerely interested in what we were most interested in. With that understanding, he saw to it that we were satisfied. We rode in his very clean and comfortable custom safari vehicle, with high seats that recline and swivel, with a pop-up roof and huge windows that provides no obstructed view! He provided delicious muffins, coffee, tea and hot chocolate as well as cold drinks and a delicious lunch during the Yellowstone tour and phenomenal gourmet appetizers for the Sunset Tour. He provided each of us with high-powered binoculars. He also had spotting scopes which he pulled out of the vehicle when we were trying to view wildlife activity too far off in the valley. Whoa! Those scopes really brought the animals into clear view. It was obvious to us that he wanted nothing less than the best for his guests!
Throughout our tours, Paul showed us many of the highlights of the parks. We learned about the animals, their habitats, their behaviors and their physical features. We learned about some of the local history, and about the "science" behind the glaciers and the geyser basins. All of this really enriched our expereinces in these beautiful parks.
We saw plenty of elk and bison very close to the roads we were on. Great opportunities for shooting pictures or just watching. We also were lucky enough to see momma grizzly and her two cubs. Again, close enough to get some wonderful pictures, but not in any danger. We had a more difficult time finding the elusive moose. Paul explained that the long winter and extra snow melting run-off has created a change in their habitats so they were not always sighted in their usual locations. We eventually did find a cow moose with her calf at one location and a bull lying down at another location. We were happy to get some nice pictures of them. Because Paul shared as much knowledge of animal sighting locations as we were interested in learning, we followed his suggestions on our own another day and hit the jackpot when we found a cow and calf feeding along side the road at one location and two other cows, a calf and a bull at another location - VERY close to the road (where Paul suggested we look!) We are so excited about our find and the beautiful pictures we were able to get!
We have NO doubt that we maximized our time and our money with Paul's Safari. We took information he provided and enjoyed five more days in the Jackson Hole area. We would highly recommend Paul anytime. If we were fortunate enough to get to visit this area again, we would be contacting Paul again.
Personal. Professional. Knowledgeable. Delicious. Comfortable. Respectful. Patient. We could not have asked for anything more!

Visited July 2011

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What an amazing day!”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I know Paul can't guarantee where the wildlife is going to be... but he sure did seem to know the hotspots! During my day-long safari, I had the opportunity to photograph moose, pelicans, eagles, antelope and deer, not to mention the amazing natural landscapes of Grand Teton National Park. I really appreciated Paul's respect for the environment and for the animal's space, which also meant a safer experience for us both. And whenever we pulled over the van to photograph wildlife that we just spotted, we would in no time be swarmed by other commercial and amateur tour groups that had just been driving by-- I think that says it all about Paul's reputation for photography in the Park!

Visited July 2011
PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exploring Grand Teton NP with expert guide.”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

As a first time visitor to Grand Teton National Park, I decided I wanted to use the services of a guide in order to maximize opportunities for seeing wildlife and also to be sure not to miss any "must see" sights. After reviewing the 5 star ratings for Paul Martin's Photo Safaris on Trip Advisor, I selected Mr. Martin, expecting an outstanding experience.

I was not disappointed, in fact, my high expectations were even exceeded. Paul Martin is very knowledgeable about the history of the area and the animals that dwell in Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Throughout our safari, you could sense his sincerity and his love for the National Park system. He spoke of the eco-system and how it worked. You could tell he just loved his chosen work and he enjoyed sharing his knowledge. When our safari began, he asked if our prime objective was the beautiful scenery or the animals that lived here. We said we wanted to see the animals, and he focused on that, taking us to make different locations to see the elk, bison and antelope (pronghorn). We also visited prime locations for moose and bear; however, we did not observe any on this trip. While viewing the animals, we also enjoyed the beautiful scenery of this area.

Whether you are a first-time visitor to either Grand Teton or Yellowstone, I am sure you would be happy booking a half day or a full day with Paul Martin's Photo Safaris. Since Paul knew we were visiting Yellowstone the day after our safari, he provided several "must see" sights, including specific geysers, etc. to visit and also gave us locations for having a good chance to see wildlife. We did see a nice bull elk, a grizzly bear and a black bear in Yellowstone.

When you book with Paul Paul Martin's Photo Safaris, you can also be assured that Paul will be conducting the tour - he does not hire other guides. Paul is to be commended for his most enjoyable safaris.

1 Thank PaRetiredtraveler
Lewisville, TX
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“A great way to see Yellowstone!”
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We took the full day Grand Teton and Yellowstone tour with Paul at the end of June. It was a fantastic way to hit the highlights of the park - especially Yellowstone. Paul did everything possible to make sure our small group (which consisted of my husband and I and our 3 grown children, ages 20-22) were comfortable and at ease. His van is very comfortable- smooth riding, spacious, with bucket seats and large sliding windowns for everyone. Paul is knowledgable about the region and the animals and was able to answer all of our questions. Not only did he take us to all of the highlights of the lower Yellowstone loop, but we were also able to see bison, elk, and a grizzly with cubs! We got incredible pictures and it was wonderful not having to fight the crowds and traffic ourselves. We returned to Yellowstone the next day, and because of the tour we took with Paul, we had a great idea of the specific areas we wanted to visit.

Paul makes sure his guest are comfortable and well-fed! He had every type of snack and drink imaginable and provided us with a superior lunch. The sandwiches were were great, and he also had a fruit tray that was simply yummy. A 5 star picinic lunch. I highly recommend this tour.

New Albany, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The sunrise safari with Paul was a major highlight of our visit to Jackson Hole. Paul as friendly,knowledgeable and passionate about what he does.So accommodating to our needs. Paul had everything we needed or wanted and then some.There was fresh coffee,hot chocolate,fruit and amazing local muffins.Fabulous host!!!