“Patio view is sweet!!!”
Review of The Bird

The Bird
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bird is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located South of Town Square. The Bird provides one of the most fantastic views in the greater Teton Valley, with panoramic mountain vistas offering a brilliant sunset. A favorite watering hole of local legend Colonel Angus, it is a neighborhood pub atmosphere with rustic wood interior. Great for all but beware, the late-night scene can get quite rowdy and may not be suitable for families with young children.The Bird prides itself in offering a unique "local" experience whilst offering great cuisine. Not the place to be pandered to but if you wish to let loose, eat right, and escape the standard tourist trap come on in!
Star Valley Ranch
“Patio view is sweet!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Love the wings and turkey tueben. Service is consistently good. Live in Star Valley and it is my favorite on the way home stop.

• Visited May 2014

Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Best meal and bar in Jackson”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

As we were leaving town, we came across this place (it was recommended) - SO GLAD we were able to make it. Quite worth the stop. Big menu and cold beer, excellent! View is great and staff is very friendly. Food is very good.

Visited July 2013
curlycue
“No hostess, no seats...”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

OK - so last week my son and I decide to check out The Bird. While I'm sure the hamburgers are great, the hospitality is not. It was a rainy day so the deck was not an option. We walked in and every table and bar stool was taken. There were a few people awkwardly hanging around, hoping to see a waiter or someone to take names and get people seat - no one was there at all. There is not even a hostess table so I guess we were supposed to scramble around and try to tackle a seat. My son and I looked at each other and agreed that The Bird was, the pits and we left to go downtown to a friendly place with seats, hosts and a welcoming attitude.

I get it that this is a local place for young people to hang out but even in most dive bars, someone will look at you, acknowledge you, and welcome you. Not so at The Bird. As well, I read the diatribe on the menu lecturing customers on how to behave, eat a hamburger and what things they better not do. I found it offensive, and once again, condescending to the customer. I'm quite happy to eat burgers at Local, Trio and Kitchen - all delicious and in warm lively atmospheres. By the way, I am not a tourist, I live in Jackson -

10 Thank curlycue
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food, location, staff and views!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The burgers were fabulous, as were the fries. The schnitzel was also really good. The staff were all very welcoming, friendly, and service was great. Honestly, at first, I wasn't really sure about this place, but I am really glad we stopped in. The other impressive thing was that one of the burgers wasn't supposed to have onions - it came with onions. They apoligzed, took it back and made a fresh burger - no charge for the meal. I haven't had that happen in a long time. Excellent place to eat.

Flower Mound, Texas
“Intersting location, amazing food!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I would have never guessed that there was a restaurant in the building where The Bird is located. We heard about the place online and wanted to try their Schnitzel - we could not believe how HUGE it was! Not only was it cooked perfectly, the crust was delicious as well. My husband was impressed with their beer selection and loved some of their German beers. Highly recommend!!