“Rodeo”
Review of Jackson Hole Rodeo

Jackson Hole Rodeo
Ranked #7 of 84 things to do in Jackson
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very entertaining rodeo! Good price for Saturday night family fun! Within walking distance to Virginian Lodge and RV Park.

1  Thank Amy B

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have never been to rodeo so this perspective is clearly based only on rookie visit.

We arrived at approx. 7:45 and there was still stand on general places (no sit assigned), where the right one was EMPTY, since sun was still shining on it, but clearly this is just for a couple of more minutes before show begins then sun does set behind the mountains. So go there for a whatever place you want :)

Drinks are $4 for a beer (some are $5), popcorn $3, hotdog $5....so there is food/drinks to have but not exactly cheap of course.

The show started promptly at 8:00 and it was good fun to watch for us seeing it for the first time. The part where the kids run after the sheep is also very good fun!!!

We were glad to be there, but experience might vary for rodeo veterans, but I can't really comment on that :)

Book tickets online, there is discount!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were an extended family of 14, ranging from ages 8 to 79. We all loved this. From the moment the ladies raced through the arena with the state and national flags, we were hooked. We bought reserved seats before we arrived in Jackson. The rodeo lasts about 2 hours and then 2 of our 3 girls rode the mechanical bull. Bull riding, roping, and barrel racing. Little kids even ride bulls and sheep. Although the kids riding is not so dangerous, please know that the adults can be dangerous. It is a sport with its inherent risks. The night we were there, one young man was taken in an ambulance because he was knocked out. Thankfully, he was conscious and talking when he left in the ambulance. Despite that, we would go back again. Fun night for the whole family.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Brilliant! My first rodeo. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Booking was very easy on their website. Seats were excellent. Once we arrived everything run smoothly. Next time I need to remember to bring a blanket. I didn't know it could be so cold in June!

4  Thank Rosa L
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Enjoyable rodeo on a Wed. night. Lots of bull wrangling (riding), calf and bull roping (I hated to see one calf hurt his hind leg so bad by such strong rope pulling he limped out of the arena unable to bear weight on that leg - I wondered if they wound up having to put him down. The other ropers were gentler, thank God. I was impressed with how quickly they could release the rope once they'd snared the leg.), some barrel racing, bronco bucking, and (funniest) - a "contest" with adult audience participants who danced w/ blindfolds on. That was a hoot! The tons of kids racing after 3 sheep was cute, too.
Looks like a venue where bull rider competitors hone their skills. I recognized the name Blaine Matthews.

1  Thank funbound14