“Look at the Tetons!”
Review of Spring Creek Ranch

Spring Creek Ranch
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Overall, this was a nice place to stay. It was a bit pricey, but the views of the Tetons off of the back porch were stunning and worth it. We rented a one bedroom condominium, which was lovely and spacious. It was as large as many apartments! The bed was awful. They pushed two doubles together to make a king. Even without the dip, leading into the crack, the beds were hard and uncomfortable. I slept on the couch, which was perfectly comfortable. They had a pool and stables, which we did not use. The pool was either dirty or the plaster needs replaced. I went to the poolside cabana to get a beer and the lady had to go get someone else, as she was not old enough to sell beer (in a hut that sells beer). As I said, a bit overpriced, but the views and solitude made up for it. For this price, though, I expected better bedding.

Room Tip: The only value is the view of the Tetons. Make sure to get a view.
1  Thank dmcclin712

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Reading these reviews, I can't believe it's the same place. Our family (three grown kids) just got back from staying at a three-bedroom unit at Spring Creek. Never again. On checking in, we were met by the rudest front desk clerk we have ever encountered in years of traveling around the world. She snapped at us when we asked if our rooms were ready. Told us they might be ready by 4 but we'd just have to wait. When they were finally ready, she didn't offer us a bellman or tell us where they were, just told us to find it. Our unit had not been updated since the '70s, and if you have anyone above you, good luck getting sleep. You can hear every footstep, cough and flush. The restaurant, the Granary, was equally terrible. We waited an hour after ordering for our food. When we finally found our waiter and asked him where our food was, he brought it right away and the steaks and mashed potatoes were ice cold and the pasta congealed. It also was very expensive. When we checked out, the manager was very apologetic and gave us one night free as a result. This was nice of him because if you are booking during the high season you cannot get any money back if you cancel after three weeks before you arrive. The view from the place is nice, but don't expect privacy on your outdoor deck either.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated unit.
1  Thank RJ M
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at Spring Creek Ranch for two nights in Aug 2013. I booked the hotel because of all the reviews I read on this website, but now that I spent two nights, I am convinced that there must be a huge discrepancy between condo and hotel rooms. The hotel room we stayed at was old, dirty, and cheap, as many other reviewers noted. Motel 6 can do better than that. Service was not what you expect from four star facility either. I sat in the hotel lobby early in the morning one day, and I felt uncomfortable as hotel staff loudly talked to each other as if they did not see me. The view of the Tetons are there in the distance, but there are MANY other hotels that offer closer and more magnificent views of Tetons than Spring Creek Ranch for sure. Overall, I don't see the value offered by the property to the hotel guests. I do not recommend to stay in their hotel part.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a condo room. Hotel room is not worth the $$$.
1  Thank ayam64
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the first week in August with my three adult children and had a wonderful experience. The three bedroom condo was perfect for our needs. The views from our deck and balcony were absolutely beautiful. I could sit there all day and enjoy the view of the Tetons. One evening a moose and her two babies were walking about 30 yards from our deck! The location is perfect- far enough out of Jackson to get away from the crowds but only a few minutes drive to get back in town. The kitchen was fully equipped so we saved money on meals by making our own. The rooms were clean and spacious. Yes- I thought the price was a bit on the high side but I think it was well worth it. Spring Creek is highly recommended. In fact, my family is already talking about planning a trip there next year. Great place!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Checked in last week on a saturday. Room wasn't ready until 4pm which was fine because we had massages booked at 2pm. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and massages until our room was ready. We had both dinner and breakfast the next morning at the Granary, and both dining experiences were perfect. Our room had a balcony which had one of the most incredible views I've ever seen. Overall, the room was perfectly cleaned, staff was very accomodating, and the stay was incredibly relaxing and perfect. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone and definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lena52805
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I and our two daughters, 10 and 12, just got back from a week's stay at the Spring Creek Ranch and it was an amazing vacation! I found this property through Family Getaways.com and we got a great package that included a one-bedroom condo and breakfast daily at the Granary -- the resort's on-site restaurant -- which was outstanding! The food and the views were incredible!

I will start by saying that the accommodations were top-rate, very clean and it was a good-sized condo with a fireplace, full-kitchen, a king-size bed in the bedroom and a comfy sofa bed with an air mattress on top that was perfect for our kids in the living room area. There was also a washer and dryer. (I wish I knew about that before I packed and I would not have brought as many clothes!) The views of the Tetons were unbeatable! The property is about 8 to 10 minutes out of the downtown area of Jackson Hole and up on a mountainside which made it so peaceful and quiet. The condos are fairly spread out so if there were a lot of people staying there it was hard to tell. This was the ideal place to stay for us!

Our kids enjoyed the heated pool and also loved the on-site geocaching they offered. The staff was friendly and helpful and could not have been more accommodating -- even bringing an extra pillow case to our condo at 11pm!

The resort offers several tours in the National Parks. We were hesitant at first because the price is pretty high but the concierge talked us into the all-day Yellowstone tour as well as the (dusk) wild life safari. We were so glad we did these! First was the Yellowstone tour. We were the only ones signed up that day so we got the entire mini tour bus to ourselves with our own Naturalist - Kenny - who drove and told us so much about what we were seeing. He was amazing and our trip was spectacular! How nice for all of us (especially my husband) to relax and check out the sites as someone else drives and knows exactly where to go! We were also given high-powered binoculars to use for the day and we were able to see wildlife we would not have without those or Kenny! Pronghorn, elk, osprey, bison, deer, etc. Incredible! Kenny also was a wealth of knowledge at Old Faithful in telling us about all of the different geological features throughout the park. He even took us on a short hike up a hill for a picnic lunch with a great view of the Grand Prismatic Spring! This day was absolutely one of the highlights of our trip. I can't say enough good things about Kenny or the tour!

We also took the animal safari tour at dusk on our last night. Doug was our naturalist and he was also fantastic! He was courteous and so knowledgeable! We even got to see our first and only moose on the tour with him! I would highly recommend this tour in Teton National Park if you want to learn about the local wildlife and ecosystem. You will see and learn things you normally wouldn't on your own.

Overall, this was a fantastic place and I would recommend it to everyone! If we return to Jackson Hole (which we would love to) we will be staying at Spring Creek Ranch!

Room Tip: We were in a 1-bedroom condo (3164) with perfect unobstructed views of the Teton mountain range.
1  Thank hricikp
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We traveled to Jackson WY for destination wedding and stayed at Spring Creek Ranch. I can't say enough about the great service we experienced from the staff at the resort. The director of guest services was extremely helpful and ensured the wedding party and especially the bride and groom were booked in wonderful rooms with great views. The Granary manager helped us arrange a truly special dinner after the wedding and even printed a special menu for the event. The food was fabulous! The front desk staff were very helpful during check-in and answering questions. Overall, the resort staff were aware this was a special occasion which we had to arrange long distance and went out of their way to be helpful. The property is very scenic and only 10 mins from town. The rooms were large and condos were great for multiple guests with nice furnishings and great views. One of the condos was a little more dated than the others, but still very nice. The only hiccup was a couple of hours delay in getting the honeymoon suite cleaned and available for check-in, but we understood July is their busiest time of the year. We look forward to going back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Snake River Lodge and Spa
#4 of 7 in Teton Village

Been to Spring Creek Ranch? Share your experiences!