“Great views, outdated decor.”
Review of Spring Creek Ranch

Spring Creek Ranch
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We came to Spring Creek Ranch for the views, which were unfortunately spoiled by the poor weather we encountered during our stay here. That is a gamble that you take if you choose to book here. On clear days the views will take your breath away.

The property is well situated, but needs updating. The outdoor pool area is ugly and uninviting, particularly when compared to the incredible pool at the Amangani, which is adjacent to SCR.

Service was great and we enjoyed having breakfast at the Granary. The condo we stayed in met our needs but had a tired, outdated decor. I expected a lot more for the amount of money we paid to stay there.

Room Tip: Request a unit with unobstructed views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BillDFarmingdale
There are newer reviews for Spring Creek Ranch

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Last September my family and I stayed in a condo here with a lovely view from the deck. In the early morning it was particularly stunning. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We also enjoyed the restaurant. Such good food!

Future guests may want to be aware that the Murphy bed frame, such as we had, was heavy metal and stuck out along three sides of the bed. Whoever made the bed prior to our arrival put the Murphy bed down, threw a white sheet on the mattress, and covered up the bed frame with the sheet. Beward to a future guest! A broken toe may result. It happened to me the first night within one hour, because I did not see the frame underneath the sheet. While management at the time said this type of accdent is very, very rare, my husband encountered another woman on the property the next day or two, and she had also broken her toe on her Murphy bed frame!

In addition, the lighting at the front door was dim. A maintenance man came one evening after dark to fix the shower. While he was leaving, my husband said he fell off the front porch because of inadequate lighting. This gentleman said he was going to report the issue to management.

After we returned home from our trip, I wrote a letter to the manager of the resort to explain what had happened. I never received a response. "Deep-sixed", I suppose. My sister, who was staying with us for a couple of nights, has many years of experience as a safety manager, and even she was not impressed with the safety hazards at just our condo.

Aside from the safety problems, I would otherwise recommend this resort. The views are just beautiful, the area can be relaxing, and the wildlife is a plus. Just wear steel-toed boots and bring a floodlight!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginni16
Reviewed 5 August 2014

While our memories of past experiences at this hotel are positive, this stay indicates a sharp decline in concern for customer service. The check in procedure was a disaster with feeble excuses ("understaffed") for the long delay. Then our rooms were not what we believed we requested. We did not want shared baths but that's what we got. We did not want a murphy bed in the dining area but that's what we got. We did not want a very small kitchen but that's what we got. We did not want to go downstairs at night to use the bathroom but that's what we had to do. Two lights were out in our rooms, housekeeping failed to pick up the trash,the door key didn't work well, and the internet service was very weak. Management has not responded to our requests for either a discount or relocation to the rooms we thought we booked. They're good at saying "I'm sorry," but short on resolution. All four couples in our group will not stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for specific floor plans for room you are booking. Don't count on wifi working.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank James B
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

a beautiful setting high atop with wonderful views of the mountains. Very peaceful and surreal rooms are well appointed and very. Wildlife is abundant, we were 10 feet from moose. nice amenities however the check at the restaurant needs updated.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The view, the view, the view. I could hardly take my eyes off it to enjoy the rest of the facility! The fabulous view was only equaled by the welcoming staff. Every person we met (from check-in, to maids, to waiters) made it there business to make sure we were tended to and happy. Our room was cozy with its own stone fireplace, terry cloth robes and covered deck. Many extra excursions available from travels with the staff naturalist to horseback riding and cook outs. Check their web page. Love this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 9191traveler
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This review applies to room #3166. As the rooms are privately owned the quality and finish of the room you get is largely determined by the willingness (or otherwise) of the owner to invest in its upkeep.
Unfortunately we lucked out. This room was old and tired with appliances and fittings that were at least 20 years old - if not older. The carpet was worn, the bathroom ancient and the kitchen straight from the 60's. On top of that the bed was uncomfortable and I shudder to think how long the mattress has been in use. As this room is on the lower level you can also hear every step taken by the people in the room above.
What makes it worse is when you check-in at the modern reception area it raises your expectations then you enter the room and the disappointment is hard to get over.
I would not stay at this property again unless I was assured the room being allocated had been updated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FamilyTraveller356
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here for 5 days in July for a fly fishing trip with a visiting friend from Europe. I rented a two bedroom suite with a shared bath. The layout of the whole complex is unique in that it is spread out which adds to privacy and more of a condo complex feel. Getting to breakfast (included) in the morning at the Granary was a nice 20 minute walk or drive when we were on a tighter schedule.

Check in was a disappointment. I checked in at 2:00 (check in is at 4:00). I was told the room was not ready which was fine, so asked where I could watch the second half of the world cup final. I was told I would either need to go to the fitness room or to the Granary restaurant. Opted for the Granary, but it was closed, so drove back down to Jackson and the Snake River Brewery. When I returned a little after 4:00 there was a line of people, and the check in was rushed and I received no information on the room or amenities. It took me 2 days to discover the coffee machine in a closet I was not using. Many hotels take your credit card and information before the room is ready and tell you about the property, before the rush time of check in so you can pick up keys when the room is ready.

The room layout was a little strange. The bigger bedroom with the view had a desk area, couch, chair and the balcony with a great view of the Tetons. The other room was smaller with no desk, chair, couch or view. It should have been a little more balanced. My friend ended up using his laptop sitting on the bed using the bedside table as a desk. The bathroom was very basic and clean. I was paying $405 per night for the suite, and as I looked around the rooms, I could not help but thinking nice, but nothing special as far as the rooms go, and probably not worth the money. I guess I was really paying for the view.

The pool was nice, but the outdoor jacuzzi was the same temperature as the pool. There was a poolside bar, but it was closed the whenever I was at the pool. Again, nice but I would have expected some poolside service for the money paid.

On my next trip, will probably rent a condo or house with some views because I really did not receive many benefits from staying at this hotel which was more like a condo in any case.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MadridClydo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Spring Creek Ranch? Share your experiences!