Spring Creek Ranch: July 24-29 2 BR unit 3203 (2nd Fl)
Incredible views with friendly staff, but room itself was dirty, dangerous, and very uncomfortable so I wouldn't recommend the hotel or room 3203. Perhaps other units may be nicer?
The positives first:
1. Friendly and helpful concierge (Deb). Deb patiently went over excursions and activities that could be booked by the hotel; she also cancelled an activity after we decided to use another organization.
2. Beautiful scenery. We were on 2nd floor and had a great view of the Tetons mountains and valley from the room.
3. Room was a quick 5 minute walk (up hill) from reception/main lobby.
4. Heated pool.
5. Good food at the Granary restaurant; it also had incredible views.
1. Run down unit. I expect a ski area hotel/condo to be a little rough around the edges with some wear, but for about $500 a night it should be clean, comfortable, and no glaring problems: unfortunately none of those three criteria were met.
a. Carpet in master suite was stained every where (soda or beer explosions) and made it look like a frat house donated their old carpet. It was strange because the carpet on the stairs up to the unit was new and far cleaner (perhaps it is considered a common area and covered by the Condo association?)
b. Comforter and fake fur throw on master bed both had bodily fluid stains on them. Since we arrived late in the evening I hand washed a portion of the comforter and took it off the bed for the rest of our trip and placed the throw in the washer and drier. Motel 6 and other cheap motels/hotels have figured out the need to wash/replace comforters or at least inspect them to ensure they are not soiled, so this hotels' failure to do so is inexcusable.
c. Transition area from master to bathroom had an eight inch by one inch gash of carpet missing leaving the exposed and rough/chewed section of the plywood sub flooring exposed. We placed a towel over this area so no one would step on the area and get splinters or cut their feet (we did advise the on site manager of these problems the first night we got there and he said he would let the owners know, but offered no assistance. I take it the hotel management does not deal w/ condo owners' rentals or attempt to resolve any of these problems?)
d. Room 3203, a second floor suite, was very hot in the 80 degree days and even during the 50 degree nights. There is no AC, and even opening the sliding door and windows located on the opposite sides of the suite there was no cross breeze to cool us down. On the last day we did discover 2 fans in the closet of the smaller bedroom.
e. Master bed mattress was very uncomfortable even with the 1" eggshell foam top put on it. I was in the military and have traveled a lot and this bed was one of the few I felt was really uncomfortable.
f. Mini fridge was under the bathroom sink but it was very loud and generated a ton of heat and noise. So much heat that it didn't seem safe to close the counter doors around it so we just squeezed by the opened doors when trying to move in bathroom or enter/exit it.
g. It is not really a family friendly room or really a suite at all since there are no tables for eating on, and there is only one bathroom and toilet. Having a half bath for the smaller bedroom and a small table in the master bedroom would have been great. If it is a "condo" then set it up as such: w/ a refrigerator, oven or at least a microwave, small pantry, table to eat on, etc! If it is a hotel then make sure it is very clean, things work, etc! Neither requirements were met.
2. Granary restaurant was expensive for portion size and quality (a few times food ordered was not made as requested: eggs made with cheese when requested without, elk was very well done rather than medium, etc. but they did replace orders quickly and offered a free drink).
3. Pool was used by kids eating giant plate sized chocolate chip cookies in the pool and dropping large chunks in it. I don't need a life guard for my family's safety, but someone occasionally supervising the pool would be nice especially when there are 10 kids all under the age of 12 getting wild and using it as their personal dining hall. There was an employee in the little shack directly in front of the pool, but that person took food/drink orders and said nothing to the kids.
Bottom line is that I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone because of the disgusting and dangerous room conditions. The two things that stand out for the Ranch are the views and the Granary restaurant: both of which are readily available in Jackson if you stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spring Creek Ranch is located on a wildlife sanctuary almost 1,000 feet above the town of Jackson and has the most spectacular views of the Teton Mountain Range, including the world famous 13,700-foot Grand Teton. Our resort gives guests the choice of Inn Rooms, Studios with Kitchens, Two Room Suites, Townhomes or Mountain Villas to provide the right accommodations to suit your needs. Whether exploring Grand Teton or Yellowstone National Parks or testing your skill on the Snake River Fly Fishing, White Water Rafting, or many other countless recreational opportunities, Spring Creek Ranch is a destination resort for any type of guest. Enjoy the western cuisine at the DiRoNA award-winning Granary Restaurant with floor to ceiling windows to view the sunrise or sunset over the Grand Teton. Disconnect from the outside world and rejuvenate at the Wilderness Adventure Spa with a High Altitude Hot Stone Heaven Massage. Spring Creek Ranch is the proud recipient of the prestigious Conde' Nast Traveler Gold List designation. We pride ourselves on our tradition of integrity, innovation and our ability to provide services that exceed expectations. Spring Creek Ranch is described as "luxury with rustic flair surrounds guests in authentic cowboy country," according to the Robb Report of the Top Ten Family and Corporate Retreats in October 2004. "Panoramic views of the Teton Mountains, verdant wild flower meadows and endless blue skies quiet the mind and enable us to live in the moment." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Spring Creek Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spring Creek Ranch Hotel Jackson
- Spring Creek Hotel
- Spring Creek Resort
- Spring Creek Ranch Jackson Hole, Wyoming