Spring Creek Ranch
Amangani(Jackson)
Flat Creek Inn(Jackson)
Anvil Hotel(Jackson)
View Hotel
All reviewsgranary restauranthorseback ridingteton viewsthere is no air conditioningoverlooking the valleygrand tetonsteton rangejackson holewildlife safarimurphy bedthe wood burning fireplacemaster bedroomhot tubbisonrustic feelsleigh ridefull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I stayed in Suite 3179 at Spring Creek Ranch the week of July 4, 2009. I was looking for a place with a great view of the Tetons. If that is what you are looking for, this may be the place for you. Just do not arrive expecting a high level of customer service.

The Good:

•A spectacular view of the Tetons from most units
•Convenient 5 to 10 minute drive to the town of Jackson
•Delicious breakfasts at the Granary restaurant

The Bad:

•Highly overpriced room service and dinner prices in the Granary for dinner
•Front desk clerks who act as if you are bothering them by asking for ice to be delivered
•The general manager, Mr. Stephen Price, who is unable to resolve customer complaints

The Details:

I had reserved the July 4th Cookout a week in advance and was informed that it would be a “full Western-style BBQ Cookout.” You can imagine my disappointment when the buffet line at the indoor “cookout” consisted of steamed fish, baked chicken, boiled hot dogs, and baby back ribs. I (mistakenly) assumed that there would be some sort of beef entrée, perhaps even grilled steak, as is typical at virtually every other “Chuckwagon” cookout in the Jackson Hole area. When I expressed my concern to the general manager, Mr. Stephen Price, he said he would remove the $36 per person charge from my bill. That was not the point. I was expecting beef for dinner. So I suggested that he offer me a complimentary meal at the Granary, the resort’s restaurant, which offers a wide selection of steaks. He adamantly refused, saying the issue had been resolved. This was perhaps the best example of the poor customer service which I experienced at Spring Creek Ranch.

Lodging Options:

•Hotel room: A single room in a quadriplex cabin. Cliffside cabins offer spectacular views of the Tetons. Pond-side cabins offer a very limited view, if any, of the Tetons.

•Suite: Two rooms separated by a bath with a double vanity. Includes a mini refrigerator and microwave in the bathroom closet. The master bedroom has a King bed. The second room in the upper level units consists of a living room with a Murphy bed and a very small balcony with a nice view of the Tetons. On the lower level, the second room is another bedroom with a large patio, some of which have gas grills.

•Other options include villas or private homes, if you need more space.

Conclusion:

With rates starting close to $400 per night, I expected a much higher level of customer service. The young staff seems to be in critical need of more training. Also be advised that construction noise will be audible from 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM each weekday. Check out my photos, and feel free to email me any questions you may have.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SC_Hawaii_Traveler66
ownerGM, General manager/Owner at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2009

n regards to the 4th of July dinner, Menus were given out at check in to people staying over that date. Also menus were posted at the front desk and at the entrance to the BBQ. How or why this person did not know there was no steak on the menu I do not know.

This person ate the dinner and desert enjoyed the live entertainment and then complained. He even took the transportation that was part of the dinner to the fireworks viewing spot. We did not charge him or his partner for the meal he complained about.

We had almost 100 % of the people who attended say they enjoyed the evening and thought it was fabulous and well worth the $36 for adults and $12.50 for children. A number said they will be back becuase of the fabulous value.

One of our best banquet servers was verbally abused because he is hispanic and the guest said he (the server) cannot speak or understand english. How would the server become so upset if he did not understand what this man was saying about him? Our employee was simply humiliated in front of many people.

As to the construction, all of it is on private property and is about a week away from being completed. We are not in controll of the construction. it is our neighbor.The crew works from 8 am to 6 pm when most of our guests are our away enjoying the recreation available in Jackson Hole. The crew only works 4 days a week Monday through Thursday. Presently I live on property and I am not disturbed or inconvienienced by the activity.

I have been at Spring Creek Ranch since 1990. We pride ourselves on our service. While clearly one cannot please all people we have a very good success rate. I am happy that this guest would still recomend us. Perhaps in teh near future he will contact me so I can personally handle his reservation.

Stephen Price
General Manager/Owner

Reviewed 15 July 2009

Spring Creek Ranch sits on a hilltop in the middle of the valley with a spectacular front row seat view of the Teton mountains. It is conveniently 10 minutes outside of the hustle of downtown Jackson. The service and food is of a very high level. There are several places to eat on property and numerous excellent restaurants in town for all taste and price points.The rooms are elegent rustic, if there is such a term. Very nice, comfortable rooms with all of the modern amenities. However, the rental homes are amazing. One of our group lucked into one of the homes and it was plush and luxurious and with the same amazing view.

There are a couple of words of caution, otherwise I would have rated Spring Creek Ranch with 5 stars.There is ongoing construction that can be a little noisy during the day. Also the housekeeping service can be a little spotty. We had to remind them a couple of days to clean the coffee pot and mugs as well as empty the trash. Given the price point, one wouldn't expect to have to ask.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank MDFreqTvlr
Reviewed 19 June 2009

I am a former Resort Manager. My wife and I appreciate good accomodations and service. Spring Creek Ranch is magnificant visually. The physical plant and buildings are beautiful. It sits high with clear views of an amazing landscape. It has a nice stable on the grounds with friendly folk running it. My wife LOVED the massage and said it was one of the best in memory. The front desk I've read negatively about in other comments is young but adequately responsive. I'd recommend you stay upstairs as the views are better and you won't hear anyone above you walking around. The rooms aren't as sound proof as you'd like. We were on the top floor, so I'm just guessing. We heard in town the food was so-so and didn't eat there. BUT the bar had a piano player Pam, who is a broadway professional. She sings and plays boogy woogy or show tunes. It's a friendly place and the view is as good as it gets. You can take the back road out and head north toward Yellowstone bypassing town or be in town in a few minutes. Great location. I found a reasonable deal for the week. We'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank M3Racer_9
Reviewed 27 May 2009

As with many auction deals, this one includes major construction just behind the rental units. While the units themselves are adequate and clean, there is little privacy on the balcony between units. Want to listen to your neighbor's cell phone conversation while lying in bed? This is the place for you. These are fairly standard 4-plex units with a shared balcony on each level and oversized fireplaces. Wood is provided so that you can add to the smell and haze every evening.

It is true that the views are outstanding, provided you are located in one of the lower units (which are also further away from the construction). Bugs can be a problem during the early/middle part of the season.

Oh, and don't forget the $20/day "resort fee".

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M0vin0nagain
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Our group of 16 people stayed in three of the beautiful houses at Spring Creek Ranch for 4 days for a retreat with co-workers and vendor representatives. We had group dinners and social time in one of the houses, which any of the 3 had plenty of room for large events like this. The house I stayed in had 3 levels with 2 large bedroom suites upstairs, large nicely appointed kitchen, large dining room/front room with large fireplace, and downstairs with 2 more large bedroom suites. Multiple bathrooms and everything is in beautiful/new condition. Imagine your dream home built in a beautiful mountain setting only a short drive from skiing and snowmobiling, and that is Spring Creek Ranch. We went snowmobiling at Togwotee Pass, and this area has tremendous amounts of fresh snow for winter activities. If you want to stay in a first class, premium location with all the amenities for a group of people, this is a great place to stay for a mountain adventure.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business